Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
alam

Digital Cameras... Everything Under The Sun.

Good choice, a720. I recommended a570 because 2x zoom for me didn't justify the premium of 2k over a570. Enjoy your camera, and if you want to learn more about photography, start shooting in P, Av, Tv or M mode. the more you read and experiment, the more beautiful photos you'll get, and a720 is capable of that (unlike others that don't give you full manual controls.)

Good choice, a720. I recommended a570 because 2x zoom for me didn't justify the premium of 2k over a570. Enjoy your camera, and if you want to learn more about photography, start shooting in P, Av, Tv or M mode. the more you read and experiment, the more beautiful photos you'll get, and a720 is capable of that (unlike others that don't give you full manual controls.)

thanks buddy,

I am not able to find out the battery level indicator in display and there is no such option in menu(Menu-Display-Show Information) as told by Dhiraj.can you help in this...........?

Issue: How do I know the battery power in a PowerShot camera?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution: Battery power indicator on a PowerShot camera

Under normal conditions NO BATTERY METER is displayed in the Display of the Low Cost Power Shot cameras.

Battery Status Indications come on only when battery is low.

The LCD monitor displays an icon or message to let you know when batteries are low or depleted.

and mean that the Batteries are beginning to run low. Replace (or recharge) batteries promptly.

If the LCD monitor is off, A Low battery icon icon will appear when you press any of the following buttons:

Display/Flash or Macro/MF

When "Change the batteries" appears in the display-

Batteries are fully depleted and the camera can no longer operate. You should replace the batteries immediately.

Hope that helps...

For more detailed information go to the Canon Usa Site.

You can go for CHDK drivers. Search for them on google. They provide lots of onscreen info like live histogram, battery level info etc. Also, as you start learning photography (if you don't already know it), CHDK offers great control over the camera.

You can go for CHDK drivers. Search for them on google. They provide lots of onscreen info like live histogram, battery level info etc. Also, as you start learning photography (if you don't already know it), CHDK offers great control over the camera.

dear friend Ani,u seem to be Expert in photography. give some Tips on how to learn photography.

Today I learnt about aperture,Shutter speed,ISO etc.shud i buy a tripod for better learning?

wat is CHDK?

Not expert yaar! :Sonrojado::NO: I am learning photography. I loaded the CHDK drivers on my a570, but couldn't explore much as my damn batteries went down. Will be testing it today onwards.

One advise I can give you is, avoid using AUTO mode unless you are in hurry. Take your time learning Aperture and shutter speed, along with exposure. It will substantially improve your photos.

For example, this photo was not possible with AUTO mode, the camera was in Av mode for this:

54a079a802.jpg

Also, if possible, don't take photos while holding the camera in hand, even if the camera is IS (Image Stabilized). If you are taking group photos/party photos, then OK, but if you have a chance, always put the camera on 2 second timer, put it on some firm surface if no tripod is available, and then click. it will take photo after 2 seconds where there is no vibration at all, and the photos will be very sharp.

Another thing, while going anywhere where you know you'll get to shoot nice photos, keep a bag of 100/200gm rice with you. that bag can take any shape with your fingers, so you can put your camera anywhere without fearing that it will fall/have a scratch.

As for tripod, I myself am on a lookout for one, but on a shoestring budget. I may make a DIY tripod for timebeing, and then move on to good ones. You can search on google for DIY tripod, some are really good ones.

dear friend Ani,u seem to be Expert in photography. give some Tips on how to learn photography.

Today I learnt about aperture,Shutter speed,ISO etc.shud i buy a tripod for better learning?

wat is CHDK?

chdk is a modified firmware for canon Powershot series digicams. It provides lots of extra features not available otherwise...for example a realtime battery level meter (with option to display either in % or actual battery voltage in millivolts). The amazing thing is that you don't have to actually update your camera's original firmaware, it loads from the memory card every time the cam is powered on. If you don't want it, simply delete it from the card. And the files are appx 250kb, so does not load the card in any way.

Download chdk here

^^^Actually, i guess it's u only who posted that CHDK can support optical zoom in videos right? that's what decided my choice finally.

^^^^

Beautiful shot ani

Yeah .. well clicked pic meher baba ... :) kind of liked the concept .. looks like one of my "Sun Pix" shots .. :)

maybe in the next meet - i'll show u my collection of similar shots ... clicked with either the sun or the moon as the base line :D and a theme built around it !

Learning the Right ISO setting for different lighting conditions, the WB adjustments .. etc can go a long way in getting a perfect shot ! Playing around with a DSLR helps a lot too :D

cheers

karki

@ Ani

Nice shot! and really valuable tips for novice like me.

Thanks buddy.

@ Amtrag

Thanks for d CHDK link.

You people are really helpful.

@ani_meher

The pic is superb my dear friend.

Regards.

Thanks everyone. If I may, let me quickly explain the settings of aperture. Aperture means how much the lens should take in, in crude terms. If the aperture value is small, then only nearby objects will be in focus, and far objects will be out of focus. If you are shooting portraits, small apertures help. If you are shooting nature scene or some gathering where everyone/everything has to be in focus, go for the largest aperture. However, objects too near to the camera will be blurred. In the above pic, cam was in Av mode, ie I decided the aperture and camera did the rest. Initially when the focus was on hand, it was much brighter and background was not turning out so well. When the aperture was set to max, background was given the priority, and the shadow effect was possible.

Try it out. Looking for tips from others too. Let's learn together.

Thanks everyone. If I may, let me quickly explain the settings of aperture. Aperture means how much the lens should take in, in crude terms. If the aperture value is small, then only nearby objects will be in focus, and far objects will be out of focus. If you are shooting portraits, small apertures help. If you are shooting nature scene or some gathering where everyone/everything has to be in focus, go for the largest aperture. However, objects too near to the camera will be blurred. In the above pic, cam was in Av mode, ie I decided the aperture and camera did the rest. Initially when the focus was on hand, it was much brighter and background was not turning out so well. When the aperture was set to max, background was given the priority, and the shadow effect was possible.

Try it out. Looking for tips from others too. Let's learn together.

great information .have you used Tripod for above shot?

waiting for more from Ani and other experts.

Edited by drali2

Own two decent digicams:-

Better than the best, Nikon is always cool !!!

Edited by theking

hey guys i want to sell my SONY H9, i bought it 5 months back, with 2GB memory card.

Its silver color. and in absolutely new condition. ive taken nearly 3k pics as yet.

5 to 7 battery recharge.

anyone interested call me.

reason for selling is i want something more compact that i realis4ed after i bought this.

sony_dsc_h9_02.jpg