Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
alam

Digital Cameras... Everything Under The Sun.

I have this one with me its really good!

I think you can go for it at this price!

I have today seen a AD in newspaper regarding Samsung Digital Cameras. The price of 4 MP camera is Rs. 9999 and they are giving one battery charger , 4 battaries and one 256 MB memory card free. I want to know that how are the samsung digital cameras as compared to Nikon/Canon/Kodak?? Are they worth to buy or not???

Thanks.

hi guys

I am planning to buy sony w5 digital camera

5 mp @10999/- FROM SONY WORLD

they are giving 2 batteries , a charger ,3 year warranty

with 0% interest EMI (@458 per month )

but the set is made in china

i hav searched in duty paid shoppe

it costs the same but made in japan

but only 1 year international warranty .....

guys pls advise me abt this camera

fevin

pls see the link abt this camera on jjmehta .com

http://www.jjmehta.com/products/sony_w5.html

hey fevin u gettin sony digicam @ really good price.. but i would suggest you 2 go for nikon.. coz nikon cameras r prefered over any other brand...also price difference of 5 MP nikkon n sony is not much..

Cheers

Edited by vmsanghrajka

Nikon Coolpix 7900 is available (w/o bill for about 17.2 take that !!! it beats the s! out of everyother camera I've worked with!)

might have a couple a pics from that cam online soon ( :) )

cheers

ashok

Thanks everybody for their responses.

After reading most of the posts I think I should go to NIKON only. I have also heard from other sources that in digital cameras no one can beat NIKON.

7900 must be 7mp.

I guess most of us here do not need such hi res cameras unless of course you are a pro.

I have a 5.1 mp and i believe its adequate.

As far as Nikon and Sony are concerned, its a close call and depends on your choice.

also check out some of the sites like dpreview.com for help.

you ll have the editor and user reviews there.

@Solanky...

Don't com into a conclusion so fast dear... Have you considered the warranty factor and the features like manual controls???

@All...

These days, people are really having a lot of options before them. This is good for people who know the tech and awe-inspiring who don't.

There are three vivid options...

(1) Choose the brand from among the lens makers with established credibility... e.g. Nikon, Canon, Olympus et al

or

(2) Choose the brand from among the electronics' Giants like Sony...

or

(3) Choose the brand from among the photographic film and colour experts... e.g. Kodak, Fuji et al

It is very difficult to opine as the lens makers can never have the unparallel R&D like SONY in the Digital processing segment while no one can surpass the legendary expertise of lens making tech developed over the decades by Nikon, Canon or Olympus. In case of digital camera, we can safely leave developing field with colour techies like Kodak, fuji et al for developing and printing purpose only.

Now, while choosing didicam brands, the options reduce to these two:

(1) Lens makers with established credibility... e.g. Nikon, Canon, Olympus et al

or

(2) Sony...

I'd like to share an info with you ppl, a couple of years back Nikon had to suffer a lot from inherent defects of it's CCD (photosensitve sensor that traps image information) and the lens CCD was made by.... SONY!

Confused!!!???

Me too :)

Hmm.. Nikon cameras r far more durable as compared 2 sony..On other hand, nikon spares r costly in comparsion with other brands..

Last week I have purchased Sony Ericsson K750i and after seeing the pictures it seems that I can hold the decision of purchasing a digicam for some months at least.

please help me buy a digital camera under my budget of 7.5k.

I want camera with

- optical zoom

- good battery life

Edited by amitstg

resolution?

Besides there are other things that you should consider

The type of memory

Video recording with/ without voice

weight and looks

I think you can get a 3.1 mp cam in this budget range

or maybe if you increase your budget a bit you can get nikon 5.1 as well

Edited by tanveer

Try olympus Fe100 with 2.8x optical zoom , Superfast file writing to memory u will not notice time lag (mostly equivalent to film cameras).

4.1 mp,great camera,great photos,myself owned one.As well as it will cost approximately to ur mentioned budget with 256mb of memory.

I had one nikon camera 2200 model having good photo capturing capabilities but very slow memory writing.I dont know present conditions of d nikon models compared to speed of olympus.

which would be the best rechargeable AA battery for digital camera ? plz inform about the price and the source.

Edited by amitstg

Camelion 2500mAh or Uniross batteries. Price about Rs.900/- for 4 or 6 Batteries and charger.

Edited by Utsav

canon powershot a410 is a good one

Guys i am planning to buy digicam for the first time.

I made a visit to TATA croma where they claim they help us buy, i am rather confused. (After visiting them)

Wanted to buy nice and compact cam for small functions and tours, but they force me look at SLR series as i was ok with any budget.

Now i am confuse what to do.

I understand sony have some DSC-H2 and H5 series which is semi professional SLR.

I saw demo and clicked some snaps now i am not liking any compact models as picture quality was very high and clear in DSC H5.

Even called our gadget GURU ashoksoft, he was busy, i came back without buying and now confuse what to do.

Anyone who is good with DG cams please advice me of what to go for?

Budget is not at all a issue as we buy these kinda stuffs once in a while.

Now i saw same sony model on EBAY for 20k which TATA croma tagged for 30k.

seller is giving bill + warranty 3 years.

should i buy from gray market or direct sony india warranty is better.

any e-books on using SLRs for the first time will be appreciated.

Edited by Shaikhsadik

^^^ i won't comment on the image quality. but u have to make a decision whether u r willing to sacrifice the portability for clarity? it's not that compact cameras don't take good pictures n all. i have a portable camera, n it goes with me virtually everywhere when i m on a trip. i even keep it in jacket's pocket when i m riding my bike for long distance. a DSLR, no matter how compact, will not give u such leisure. If I'd be in ur place, i'd have gone for portability than bit more clarity.

also, if u r hunting for cameras, have a look at those cams who can record in MP4 ie DIVX format. the movies will be small in size n good in clarity. i think amongst the branded ones, samsung has such model. others also might have, but no idea.

Sony DSC-H5 is not a D-SLR. Its an ultra zoom digital camera. Ofcourse the I can confirm that the picture clarity is superb.

My friend has it and I have used it many times.

If you have the money and is ready to carry a slightly bulky camera, then go for it.

Casio has real compact cameras that can record movies in Divx.

Canon PowerShot TX1 is also good. Especially if you want both the functionalities of video / image

Finally if you want compact camera with clarity go for Pentax OPtio A20 camera.

Myself is having a HP 7MP camera which is OK for most purposes.

Hi all iam planning to buy a Digital Camera.After a lot of observations i have finally decided on Canon A710 IS

As iam nooooooob in the camera stuff,iam still a bit confused on my decision.So is there any other better camera than this which i should look for?

My budget is around Rs.13000 MAX .

And please tell me where i can buy this stuff from(in Bangalore).And is grey market stuff reliable?

Hi all iam planning to buy a Digital Camera.After a lot of observations i have finally decided on Canon A710 IS

As iam nooooooob in the camera stuff,iam still a bit confused on my decision.So is there any other better camera than this which i should look for?

My budget is around Rs.13000 MAX .

And please tell me where i can buy this stuff from(in Bangalore).And is grey market stuff reliable?

Shashank you almost snatched these words from my mouth...I was just going to say Canon A710 and here, you already posted.

It is a real gem...going by the reviews and specs (have'nt seen it myself though).

It's strong points are:

1. Optical zoom of 6X (no other compact gives more than 4X)

2. Image Stabilization (i.e. IS) ...in this budget range

3. Canon's DIGIC-II processer which was till now available only in it's SLR models

Over and above these, another plus is that it does not use "Proprietery" Lithium battery packs (very costly), found in some higher-end compacts. A-710 uses 2 AA size batteries so you can always carry an additional pair.

It also has lots of manual settings also to play around with.

I have also decided to buy this model...

^^^ the battery point is very valid. My digicam is having a cell phone like battery (forgot the name), that can be charged from USB. but main glich is, i get stuck where there is no electricity (like on trekking etc). in those cases, i really have to plan the cam usage, in order to not to run out of battery. in case of AA batteries, u can always carry a stock with u.

Ya that cam is really good that is the reason i have decided to go with that.But i heard that we can record only 8mins of Video,so is it going to be a problem?

After enquiring,the price of it in ebay and sify is around 13,500 but when i called the canon cust care,they said it is Rs.21,000!!!!! And iam not will to buy anything online.

So where else can i get that cam around 13k leaving grey market?

less capacity of video recording IS going to be a problem. once u get the hang of video, u'll want to record most of the moments in video than just picture. my experience is, memories r preserved way better in videos than in photos. so if this is going to be a casual use camera, i'd urge u to rethink on basis of the video recording capacity.

For comparison, a DivX cam can record 640x480 30FPS movie for ~38 mins, 640x480 15FPS movie for ~1 hr 15 mins, n (forgot the resolution, but i guess 340 something) 30FPS for ~1hr 50mins on a 512mb card. Other types of video recording don't even stand close to such capacity. again, it depends on u only.

pooh! Am still confuse.

Actually i didnt clearly understand the video limitation thingy.Someone please clarify this............