Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
alam

Digital Cameras... Everything Under The Sun.

Digital Camera - [uSA Magazine] - Oct 2005 - .pdf - no adverts version

dc1sh.jpg

Cover Stories :

Think like a Pro...

Olympus C-7070

Sony Cybershot DSC-P200

Over 30 products reviewed

http://rapidshare.de/files/4421832/10_-_Digital_Camera_-_Oct_2005.pdf.html

Thanx Alan Jones

File /files/4421832/10_-_Digital_Camera_-_Oct_2005.pdf.html has been deleted.

Reason: Deleted by uploader.

<< Link dead >>

Edited by Arun

OK, removing link. It wasn't uploaded by me, so can't help much with it.

the best part of sony digi cam, I learnt after purchase is that in Memory stick, video is recorded directly to memory stick not in buffer, so in case of power outage, what you recorded remains unaffected.

Also it records 640X480 (15 & 30FPS) so quality is better than 320 X 240 when resampled for VCDs or DVDs

If you are not too kin for video out, than S40 is equally good. Conversion lenses are damn too expensive. Nothing is less than 4K. So if you choose 3 lenses, it cost 12 - 15 K ( wide, tele and polarized). At that cost you get better camara.

Only disadvantage is when you change camara, your memory stick becomes useless, if your second cam is not sony.

Digital Camera Magazine, all published issues in a year 2005:

Thank you usput

Jan2005

Code:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35CT69MZ

Feb2005

Code:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35FZAO8V

Mar2005

Code:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=32VSTE72

April2005

Code:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35LBG2LD

May2005

Code:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=36VN2QWX

Jun2005

Code:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=30UHY0CB

July2005

Code:

http://megaupload.com/?d=2612WNMM

August 2005

Code:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=36QBADRL

Thanks Red I'm shifting 'em upward in the que of Flashget!

By the way Red, how did u got the issue of Oct'05 in this post (102)???

Download errors for Feb, Apr, June, July & August issues :) Which issue contains the content of Oct'05 issue (assuming it's not October)?

SONY ESTABLISHES A NEW CLASS OF HIGH-END DIGITAL CAMERA

sideby-r1.gif

SAN DIEGO, Sept. 8, 2005 – Sony intends to create a new benchmark in digital photography with the introduction of its high-end Cyber-shot® DSC-R1 camera.

The Cyber-shot® R1 camera is the world’s first integrated lens digital still camera to combine a professional-grade, 10.3-megapixel image sensor and the flexibility of live preview while shooting. With its ultra-wide Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* zoom lens (24mm – 120mm) and free-angle, two-inch LCD, the Cyber-shot R1 brings professional level imaging performance to mainstream consumers.

“The R1 represents a breakthrough in digital camera technology and construction,” said James Neal, director for digital imaging products at Sony Electronics. “You can grab this camera and go, confident that you will be prepared for a wide range of shooting situations. Its many convenience features and exceptional performance can not easily be matched with a typical consumer-level digital SLR.”

Read the full review in DPreview website.

Can some one tell me if CANON POWERSHOT A410 is available in India now!!

The 410/610/620 are yet to come in bill & warranty.

By the way, bought a new A510 with bill and 2-year warranty!

allroundview-001.jpg

Camera was for Rs.11,500/- + Rs.900/- for battery and charger. The whole package costs Rs.12,400/- and includes:

1. Canon A510 Digital Camera with Manual and User Guide

2. 16MB Multimedia card

3. USB Connector Cable

4. Video Connector Cable

5. 256 MB SD Card (as a promo offer being given for the time being)

6. Camelion Charger + 4 NiMH Batteries (2500maH)

Isn't it a steal for that price guys?

I'll be writing a review on Canon A510 soon. For now, you can go to dpreview to read A510 Review there or you may chek the Canon's A510 Overview from their site directly. At this point of time, I must say it is a wonderful camera with full automatic, semi-automatic & manual controls with high resolution video-clip (with sound) recording ability, wonderful Macro Mode, excellent battery life and good ergonomics and compactness.

Edited by Utsav

--------SONY’s new 8MP Cyber-shot® DSC-N1 DigiCam--------

dscn1frontback-001.jpg

SAN DIEGO, Oct. 3, 2005 —Sony adds more enjoyment and value to your digital photography with its new full-featured compact digital camera with built-in photo sharing functions that goes beyond just picture taking.

About the size of a deck of playing cards, the stylish Cyber-shot® DSC-N1 is a high-performance, 8-megapixel camera, with an amazingly large, 3-inch, touch-screen LCD that is rare for a compact camera of this size. The N1 features a new album function that automatically stores up to 500 of your favorite images in VGA resolution, and uses them to create dynamic slide shows with music and transition effects – in the camera.

“Since the introduction of compact cameras with large LCDs, consumers have increasingly been using their cameras to not only capture moments, but also share and show them immediately on the LCD screens,” said James Neal, director of digital imaging products at Sony Electronics. “The combination of these functions makes the N1 ‘more than just a camera’, because it takes sharing to a whole new level.”

All You’ll Need in a Compact Camera

Take pictures with the confidence that you’ll get excellent picture quality. With the DSC-N1’s 8-megapixel Super HAD™ CCD, its resolution is extraordinary for a compact camera. The camera’s Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar® lens lets you capture images with the utmost sharpness and clarity.

Sony’s Real Imaging Processor® LSI provides excellent color accuracy and incredibly fast response times. Its advanced power management system delivers long battery life; up to 270 shots per charge (actual battery life depends on usage conditions). With shutter lag minimized to just 9 milliseconds, you won’t miss life’s most important moments.

Moreover, the N1 offers excellent ISO sensitivity, which is of particular importance when shooting in low-light conditions. You can capture faster action at night with less blur or, in certain conditions, avoid using a flash altogether.

With an optional Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media card, shooting high-quality video is a breeze. MPEG-VX fine mode allows you to record MPEG video with 640x480 pixel resolution at 30 frames per second, up to the capacity of a compatible media card.

Your Pictures on the Big Screen

Now showing pictures to your friends and family is even more enjoyable. The Cyber-shot N1’s 3.0-inch LCD screen is almost the size of an actual photograph – large enough for easy viewing. The camera’s menu functions are accessible with your finger or thumb, and its innovative touch-screen interface reduces the need for traditional keys next to the LCD, allowing for a large screen in a very compact body. With Sony’s Clear Photo® LCD technology, your images will be bright, with high-contrast, and easy to view in virtually any environment.

Store Up to 500 of Your Favorite Photos

The N1’s album function automatically stores up to 500 of your favorite images for a “pocket full of memories.” By recording each image separately, once in full-resolution and again in 640x480-resolution, your favorite images accumulate for easy recall and sharing wherever you go.

When you release the shutter, the full-resolution image is saved to an optional Memory Stick Duo™ media card or in the camera’s 26MB of internal memory. Automatically, the image is resized to 640x480 and stored in the portion of the camera’s internal memory dedicated to the album.

Because you will take hundreds or perhaps thousands of pictures with your N1, the album function lets you protect the images you want to keep, so that over time you will have a collection of your favorite photos with you wherever you go. And with the camera’s file management system, you can quickly locate your images; simply search for pictures by the month and date that you originally created them.

To expand your playback options, you can view your photos on your television, through the optional Cyber-shot Station™ cradle, or on your PC. You decide how to share your photos, Sony lets you do it.

For even greater personalization of your photos, the DSC-N1 model also has a distinctive paint function that let’s you draw symbols or words on the pictures in your album using your finger or the supplied stylus.

Dynamic Slide Shows Without a PC

Now you can bring your photos to life with this latest model’s slide show function. The N1 creates slide shows directly on the camera without using a PC. Images can be played back with such advanced features as transitions, pans, wipes, fades and zooms, choreographed to pre-loaded soundtracks. You can also use your own music, using the camera’s supplied software. With the camera’s built-in speaker, your slide shows are sure to have that cinematic effect with sound to complete the experience.

More for Your Memories

Sony has even more ideas for enjoying your camera’s pictures and sharing them with family and friends. Connect the N1 model to a Sony DPP-FP50 digital photo printer and make prints at home or turn them into postcards or even calendars.

If you need to print tens or even hundreds of pictures, or want to share funny video clips, Sony’s online photo service can make the job simple. At www.imagestation.com, you can create your own online photo and video albums, order prints, or make customized gifts from coffee mugs and photo books to calendars and T-shirts.

--------Sony Cyber-shot DSC-N1 specifications--------

Sensor

• 1/1.8" Super HAD CCD

• 8.0 million pixels total

• 8.1 million effective pixels

Image sizes

• 3264 x 2448

• 3264 x 2176 (3:2)

• 2592 x 1944

• 2048 x 1536

• 1920 x 1080 (HDTV)

• 1280 x 960

• 640 x 480

Movie clips

• 640 x 480 @ 30 fps (Fine) *

• 640 x 480 @ 16.6 fps (Standard)

• 320 x 116 @ 8.3fps

• With audio

* Requires Memory Stick PRO Duo

File formats

• Still: JPEG

• Movie: MPEG VX (Fine requires Memory Stick PRO Duo media)

Lens

• 38 - 114 mm (35 mm equiv) 3x optical zoom

• F2.8 - F5.4

Digital zoom • Up to 2x

• Up to 6x Smart Zoom

Focus Auto focus

AF area modes

• 5 Area Multi-Point AF

• 5 Step Manual Preset

AF assist lamp Yes (On / Off)

Focus distance

• Min: 50 cm (19.7 in)

• Macro: 6 cm (2.4 in)

ISO sensitivity

• Auto

• ISO 64

• ISO 100

• ISO 200

• ISO 400

• ISO 800

Metering mode

• Multi-pattern

• Center Weighted

• Spot

Exposure compensation

• +/-2.0 EV

• 1/3 EV steps

Shutter speed 30 - 1/1000 sec

Aperture

• Wide: F2.8 - F8

• Tele: F5.4 - F16

Scene modes

• Beach

• Candle

• Fireworks

• Landscape

• Magnifying Glass

• Snow

• Soft Snap

• Twilight

• Twilight Portrait

White balance

• Auto

• Daylight

• Cloudy

• Fluorescent

• Incandescent

• Flash

Self timer 10 sec

Continuous shooting 4 shot (8 MP JPEG fine) 0.9 fps

Image parameters

• Sharpness: -,0,+

• Saturation: -,0,+

• Contrast: -,0,+

Flash

• Auto, on, off, slow synchro, red-eye reduction

• Range: 0.2 - 5.0 m (0.6 - 16.4 ft)

LCD monitor

• 3.0" TFT Touch-screen LCD

• 230K pixels

• Wide viewing angle

Histogram

• Live view

• Playback

Connectivity

• AV out

• USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed)

• DC-IN

Print compliance PictBridge

Storage

• Memory Stick Duo

• Memory Stick PRO Duo

Power Lithium-Ion NP-BG1 battery

Weight

• Unloaded: 113 g (3.98 oz) • Loaded: 139 g (4.8 oz)

Dimensions: 94 x 60 x 20 mm (3.7 x 2.4 x 0.8 in)

The camera comes supplied with a Lithium Ion battery, battery charger, multi-connector cable, wrist strap, stylus, and software CD-ROM. Optional accessories include the Cyber-shot Station™ cradle, a marine pack, and leather carrying case.

The Cyber-shot N1 digital camera will be available in mid-November for about $500 online at SonyStyle.com, at Sony Style retail stores (www.sonystyle.com/retail), and at authorized dealers nationwide. Pre-orders begin online today at www.sony.com/n1.

looks slick, did not go through the details though!

thanks utsav for the info!

The Best DigiCam available in Indiaunder 20K

It has owned the "Best Buy (Gold)" award from Digit Magazine, it is cheaper than Nikon Coolpix 5900, it is Slim&Sleek and best of all it is available in India with full 3-Year Warranty from the manufacturer who is reliable and trusted brand by itself!

Key Features

* Effective 7.2 Mega Pixel

* 3x Optical Zoom (6x Precision Digital Zoom)

* Smart Zoom (14x Shooting in VGA)

* Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens

* 5.0 cms LCD Screen(134K Dots)

* MPEG Movie VX (Standard / Fine)

* Hi-Speed USB(USB 2.0)

* Scene Selection 7 mode

* Conversion lens ready

Yes, It's a SONY!

allroundview-001.jpg

For a full Review from DPreview Please click the image below.

navigator.gif

Edited by Utsav

frankly i am not a big fan of the sony P series. Given another chance i would still go 4 the nikon collpix 5900.

I have a digilife DDV 7000 handicam. It's really good. It's 3.2MP cam with video shooting at 640 x 480 @30fps in MPEG4 format.(actually xvid). SO the video takes a lot lesser space than usual. My 512 MB card can take around 30/40 mins of high quality video, around 1 hr of medium quality video, and around 2 hrs of TV quality video. It has mp3 player sound recorder. It doesn't have optical zoom. But I guess in 8500, its really a good deal.

I have a question. The SD card I've bought is a high speed (66X) one, so that the video recording will be smooth. But suppose I run out of space on that card, in some remote areas, then what?

My plan is to get either an MMC card and card reader or, some cheap flash MP3 player around 2000, and then I'll be able to transfer the pics/vids from my sd card to that mmc card. The SD card was 3500 for 512 MB a few months back, so I can't afford one more such card. I need some backup device.

What do you think, an mmc with card reader or an mp3 player? Also, is there any way to transfer files on the cards without using computer at all?

I have today seen a AD in newspaper regarding Samsung Digital Cameras. The price of 4 MP camera is Rs. 9999 and they are giving one battery charger , 4 battaries and one 256 MB memory card free. I want to know that how are the samsung digital cameras as compared to Nikon/Canon/Kodak?? Are they worth to buy or not???

Thanks.

I have today seen a AD in newspaper regarding Samsung Digital Cameras. The price of 4 MP camera is Rs. 9999 and they are giving one battery charger , 4 battaries and one 256 MB memory card free. I want to know that how are the samsung digital cameras as compared to Nikon/Canon/Kodak?? Are they worth to buy or not???

Thanks.

well solanky samsung digital cameras r quite good.. my dad is camera freak n has 1 samsung.. but he prefers nikkon.. also dont even think abt kodak coz they r useless (no doubt they r cheap but quality is bad).. also sony cybershot r awesome.. so either samsung/sony/nikkon.. compare price vs features n buy 1..

CHeers!!

Thanks.

Hi !

I have two cameras 1st - Sony DSC-P72 (3.2 MegaPixel) and the 2nd Samsung Digimax A5 (5.0 MP)

I am willing to sell one preferably the Samsung becoz Sony was gifted to me by a friend.

About Samsung, I have 512 MB Card with it and it is very rarely used. Dont have new batteries and charger with it but I used it with my old rechargeable batteries (NiMH AA) and a local charger, which work fine. These, I can give with it.

You can read the specifications at:

http://www.samsung.com/in/products/digital...=Specifications

Any offers? (I am in Delhi)

Regards

Ajay

Thanks.

hi guys

I am planning to buy sony w5 digital camera

5 mp @10999/- FROM SONY WORLD

they are giving 2 batteries , a charger ,3 year warranty

with 0% interest EMI (@458 per month )

but the set is made in china

i hav searched in duty paid shoppe

it costs the same but made in japan

but only 1 year international warranty .....

guys pls advise me abt this camera

fevin

pls see the link abt this camera on jjmehta .com

http://www.jjmehta.com/products/sony_w5.html