Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
alam

Digital Cameras... Everything Under The Sun.

Thanks. How much time flash recharge take in 710. ??

5-8 secs

And if the flash recharge time is a concern - throw a glance at the Nikon D40x ... have found it to gimme the best - clear and crisp shots - and the flash recharge time is less than one second !!!!! the FASTEST ... even compared to a EOS 400 D from canon !

Thanks dear. But I don't think such SLR will suit my budget (@11-12k/-)Thanks dear. But I don't think such SLR will suit my budget. (@ 11-12k/) :lol:

pic Quality S***ks in Canon A710IS ...

heavy noise occuring while Zooming and in low light.....

Are you operating at high ISO and IS mode=Off ?

Just check and confirm. Picture quality is good ...in fact very good. Unless absolutely reqd..do not go above ISO 100.

And IS is really awesome..I've shot at 24X zoom free-hand & could still make-out different buildings and structures.

Yes, noise is high at ISO of 800 & higher...

Are you operating at high ISO and IS mode=Off ?

Just check and confirm. Picture quality is good ...in fact very good. Unless absolutely reqd..do not go above ISO 100.

And IS is really awesome..I've shot at 24X zoom free-hand & could still make-out different buildings and structures.

Yes, noise is high at ISO of 800 & higher...

thanks very much @ amtrag

I was taking the pic in high ISO mode ...

but we cannot take pic clearly in low ISO .....rt?

PLS ADVICE......

except this probs All other features are very good

Pls advice wats the Function of ISO in a camera

Edited by FEVIN-RAJ

ISO is the sensitivity of the sensor (traditionally the film) towards the light. Higher ISO means it is more sensitive and smaller amount of light would be reqd for appropriate exposure. Hence, only low-light conditions and fast-moving objects (like moving train or cars) require use of high ISO i.e. 400 and above. For normal daylight shooting or even night with flash, always keep ISO at 100.

Technically, higher ISO in digicams means that the camera amplifies a very week light signal to a very high extent and in the process, noise is generated.

Even for low-light conditions, instead of increasing ISO, always prefer to keep the cam on tripod or any stable surface and keep ISO=100, so that exposure time is automatically increased (in "P" mode) to a few seconds.

And also remember that while using a tripod, it is better to switch-off IS because otherwise, the cam would try to reduce shake even though there is none.

@ amtrag

THANK U VERY MUCH BUDDY ...

4 Such a nice explanation....

I tried as per ur advice .. now the still pic are showing tremendus quality ...

But video in low light conditions seems average

and there is no option to reduce the ISO while shooting video

found the ISO option locked in video mode

Pls advice

Agree...Video mode s**ks. But it is a digicam with video facility and not vice-versa and we cannot expect good video quality in low-light conditions from any digicam.

After buying this, I thought I would be able to do away with my handycam but soon realised that a video camera is a video camera after all and and a digicam cannot be compared with it in terms of video quality. And similarly, the still image quality in my handycam is not worth talking about.

And yes, ISO cannot be changed in video mode.

If anyone is thinking for new camera - pls. take a look at FujiFilm S8000fd also. I found all technical details very good, even in comparision with Canon S5IS. (Pls. note I am comparing only 4AA battery models.)

The prices are also reduced. On Indiaplaza.in the price for 720IS - 13,500/-. S5IS - 16,500/- and S8000fd - 16,500/-. With 1 year warrantee...

New development:

Now optical zoom is available in Video mode for Canon Powershot digicams. I am now able to zoom (6X optical) while shooting a video with my A710IS. It is possible due to a tweaked version of the firmware available at CHDK for Canon Powershot Digicams.

Apart from that, many newly available features are on screen clock (with sec display), battery voltage readout in mV, memory card status (free space in % or in MB) etc etc.

I need a light weight,large display,user friendly,handy digital camera with good pic quality.my budget is 7-8 thousand.

For the last 3 years I have been using Sony DSC P-73 and very much satisfied with d pic quality.Mind you I am not a prof photographer.

stick with canon. For 8k, you should get a570IS. Go for IS models, ie image stabilization. a570 is 4x zoom, and a720 is 6X zoom, and around 2-3 k costlier. You can decide what you want.

2 months back i purchased a kodak easyshare v 1003 camera for 1200.its retail price is 18l.but then it was on discount.its a 10 mp camera with 3x optical zoom.although it hasn't got image stabilization,it takes great pictures every time.

2 months back i purchased a kodak easyshare v 1003 camera for 1200.its retail price is 18l.but then it was on discount.its a 10 mp camera with 3x optical zoom.although it hasn't got image stabilization,it takes great pictures every time.

Anything above 5-6 MP does not add any value to picture quality (unless you want to print A3 size blow-ups). In fact it increases noise due to cramming of more pixels into same area of 1/2.5".

Instead, go for useful features like IS coupled with higher optical zoom.

I would also advise to go for Canon 570IS. I have been using A710IS and the IS really makes a lot of difference (read Improvement).

I personally use a Canon S5 IS with wonderful results. But I recently bought a Nikon L14 for a relative, for just 4500/-, on ebay india under special promotion scheme with all taxes and shipping, and I must tell you it is worth every penny. It has 7 MP, 2.4 inch screen and the videos are in fact better than its photos. It supports SD HC cards. though the image quality is not comparable to my Canon S5 and its a little slow between shots but what the heck, I can buy 4 of these for 1 S5. It also fits very nicely in my jeans pocket. So if anybody wants usability & practicality at throw away price this is the DigiCam to go for.

Anything above 5-6 MP does not add any value to picture quality (unless you want to print A3 size blow-ups). In fact it increases noise due to cramming of more pixels into same area of 1/2.5".

Instead, go for useful features like IS coupled with higher optical zoom.

I would also advise to go for Canon 570IS. I have been using A710IS and the IS really makes a lot of difference (read Improvement).

whats d advantage of higher optical zoom?does it add more clearity to pics?

Higher optical zoom means you can get closer to the objects. Optical means the optics, lens actually moves in a way so that the object is drawn closer (think binoculars), and digital means only the photo is stretched so that you see more area in your actual photo (pretty useless, coz u can get same effect if you zoom in the image on your pc).

If you are using digital zoom because the objects are not as close to camera as you want (like in zoo), you can try one trick. Click photo at the hightst optical zoom level and highest MP. then crop the rest part on PC so that the final image is smaller, but zoomed in on those objects.

PLz comment on battery life also,does it consume too much power as other A series cameras?

Edited by drali2

^^^^

If you are not a prof photographer, I suggest you go for Nikon L14 which runs on 2 AA Batteries and gives 1000 shots on Lithium and 600 on Rechargeable AA. Gives pretty decent shots for 5x7 prints. However go in for Canon only if you are ready to pay double the price but better picture quality. Do remember the obsolence rate of Digital Cameras is very high specially in the point and shoot category, so no point investing too much.

If you really want an ultimate, go for Canon IXUS 860IS costs about 14-15K. It is camera of the year on most international sites. Because I bought one, absolutely fabulous, 8MP, 3" display, great video, and 28mm wide angle lens, fits easily into your pocket. Dont go for higher 960IS which is 10MP but only 2.5" display. Do remember 28mm wide angle has great use for group photographs, which is usually missing in most cameras except Panasonic and now only some models in Canon. But do consider your BUDGET and the COST of camera and the time you are going to keep the camera with you before taking a final decision. I can also suggest you a shop in Palika Bazar as you are in delhi.

Hope this helps ....

Thanks Dhiraj,ani,amtrag ,sitansu for your valuable advice. Today I got a canon A720IS for 9k from palika bazar.Its really a good piece but I dont know how to see the battery level in it. can someone tell me?

^^^^

Canon A 720IS is a 8MP, 6x zoom, 2.5" LCD, Digic III, slightly bulky (200g) camera which use 2AA batteries. It should shoot 140 images on Alkaline Batteries and approx. 400 images on NiMh Rechargeable Batteries. I hope you have also bought 2 good Rechargeable NiMh batteries of at least 2500 to 2800mH and a charger (Uniross is a good brand). There is a battery indicator in the display inside the screen, which if not visible, can be made visible by settings in the Menu-Display-Show Information.