Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Rajesh Jain

Tweaking R-connect

well, I havent tried it with R-Connect, but with my Cable modem connection in home PC only, that too a long time ago. Haven't really got the time to experiment with them now :P

Ektu chesta korun, korun na please!

(Try a bit for us, please!)

You can get ready to use generic patches from: http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

or use the TCP Optimizer and try changing the values to check for any speed improvements.

I have used almost 9 booster s/w to increase the R-Connect Speed but didnt work much in favour. Instead of stable connection some of them installed stert-up applications which slowed down th booting and overall performance of my PC.

I want to conclude that if you are getting 8 to 12 KBps (64kbps to 96kbps) with R-Connect, it is really good. It is possible to get a stable speed of 10 to 14 KBps (i.e. 80kbps to 112kbps) using some Samsung handsets like SCH N-191 during off peak hours while downloading.

r connect is generally 2 times faster than bsnl dialup but only if the case is that u constantly get the maximum speed. it all depends on reliance network strength and bandwidth usage. as for as speed is concerned samsung 191 gave the best performance so far but that handset has been discontnued by reliance since long time.

problem with r connect is speed is not stable. some time i manage to get speed of 56kbps for 2-3 second and some time 200bytes/second

Just to add to Utsav's post, with Sierra Data Card, one can get steady download speeds of 14-16 kBps (atleast in Delhi).

Somewhere in my earlier post, i had complained of the very slow speed on the data card, but things improved later on. For the last 4 months, I am getting good speeds, mostly above 14 kBps.

Cheers!

I don't think that modem booster increase the speed any more. Because speed also depends on other constraints. There is no way to get a stable speed of 10 to 14 KBps.

Thanks and Take Care!

dear friend,

i m using lg rd 2030 & it will connect at speed of 230400bps

means 30mb download = 1 hr.

that is real fact

if u want any setting pls

reply me

nad if u know about which handset is vvvvvvvvvery very best for rconnect pls tell me

:)

I see that my even BSNL dialup is telling connection speed as 28 Kbps which is 28 Kilo bits per second and not 28 Kilo Bytes per second.

So, If someone  gets 115 kbps in RConnect, it translates to 19 KBps (1 byte = 8 bits)

So, can I safely assume that RConnect speed is going to be approximately 4 times faster than BSNL dialup speeds.

Can the experienced users confirm me this? I am about to buy RConnect and your help will greatly help me.

30034[/snapback]

Technically speaking, yes, RConnect offers much better speed than BSNL. However, as in my case, I often face problems with connectivity, etc. Also, a friend of mine says that in Chandigarh, the speed hardly ever goes above 80kbps, while in Delhi its usually above 100kbps.

So all in all, RConnect is good as long as it works properly.

dear friend,

i m using lg rd 2030 & it will connect at speed of 230400bps

means 30mb download = 1 hr.

that is real fact

if u want any setting pls

reply me

nad if u know about which handset is vvvvvvvvvery very best for rconnect pls tell me

:GirandoOjos:

I see that my even BSNL dialup is telling connection speed as 28 Kbps which is 28 Kilo bits per second and not 28 Kilo Bytes per second.

So, If someone gets 115 kbps in RConnect, it translates to 19 KBps (1 byte = 8 bits)

So, can I safely assume that RConnect speed is going to be approximately 4 times faster than BSNL dialup speeds.

Can the experienced users confirm me this? I am about to buy RConnect and your help will greatly help me.

30034[/snapback]

Technically speaking, yes, RConnect offers much better speed than BSNL. However, as in my case, I often face problems with connectivity, etc. Also, a friend of mine says that in Chandigarh, the speed hardly ever goes above 80kbps, while in Delhi its usually above 100kbps.

So all in all, RConnect is good as long as it works properly.

buddy let me know what are the settings that you have done. :Confuso:

how did you come to know about the data transfer speed?

:Equivocado:

btw i believe currently nokia 2865 is a good handset for netconnect :)

RCOnnect at Speed 230 isNot Possible

You are saying the Speed at Which your USB Modem is connected to your system

The Actuall Connection from your Handset to RF Tower is max = 115 Practically and Max = 155 Theoritically

See the Following Chart of max Speed for Technology we use

CDMA 1x RTT Rev 0 = 115 Kbps (Reliance) (One 1.25 Mhz Channel)

CDMA 1x RTT Rev A = 230 Kbps (Som Verison and Sprint Coverage in USa) (1.25 Mhz x 2)

CDMA 1x MC1X = 345 to 460 Kbps (Technology in Development might be an Upgrade as GPRS is for GSM) (MultiChannel CDMA Data Connection)

Edited by hpnasik

me too think on the same lines... :)

I know there are no posts since last one year

but now i am heared there are softwares to increase rconnect

how much it is useful?

I know there are no posts since last one year

but now i am heared there are softwares from reliance to increase rconnect speed

how much it is useful?

In the modem property deselect "enable modem error control" & "enable modem compression".

under networking tab of dialup sectect " enable software compression"

Download latest Netbooster from Reliance site. If using USB keep the USB port speed high say 110000 or above.

You should get good speed. I get around 170 to 180 kbps when tested at MTNL site.

Edited by aksha_sail