Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
st_7

Samsung Galaxy S III

As per my reports, it should be able to work here.

सरजी आपके मु में घी शकर

Thinking of getting Sprint S3 32gb at 249$ from US...

is n't this the 2 year contract price?

got a call from gaurav, the handset has been unlocked. I will be going for razr now but i will always be interested in S3 cdma.

Checkout here how the Sprint S3 will look - http://shop.sprint.c...eryDemosSection

sprintsamsunggalaxys3.jpgsprintsamsunggalaxys31.jpgsprintsamsunggalaxys32.jpg

Sprint S3 News release by Sprint - http://newsroom.spri...article_id=2301

Specs of Sprint Samsung SIII

Battery information

2100 mAh Lithium Ion Battery

Talk time

Up to 9.2 hours

Dimensions

5.4” x 2.8” x .3”

Display

4.8" (1280x720) HD Super AMOLED touchscreen

Weight

4.7 oz

Processor

1.5 GHz dual core processor

Memory

16GB and 32GB internal memory(ROM), 32GB MicroSD card

Bluetooth profiles

A2DP, AVRCP, GAVDP, HFP 1.5, PBAP, HSP, HID, GOEP, SDAP/SDP, OPP, SPP, PAN, Stereo Streaming, MAP, AVDTP, OBEX (CR)

What's in the box

• 2100 mAh Lithium Ion Battery
  • Micro USB Cable and Charger

Edited by dkaile

Checkout here how the Sprint S3 will look -

I liked this comment from one of the S 3 review on net... "Designed for humans who don't mind fake brushed aluminium" :grin:

Heard a rumour that Verizon's S-III will have Global/GSM support later after s/w update (just like Razr, MAXX, Droid4)...

Source: HERE>>>>

^^^ yah just about to post that information, & I was wondering from Monday when all major US Carriers announced Galaxy S3 availability & pricing whether all of them have SIM-Slots in them as no one is customizing(except some minor features like Sprint Galaxy S3 having Google Wallet & their own Logos) as they did with previous versions of Galaxy series phones, for now the Verizon confirmed that their model is going to be a Global Phone(having SIM-Slot) to Phonescoop.com in an e-mail.

Source: Phonescoop.com

A global mode S3 would be awesome.

Excuse my ignorance folks, but is there any specific reason why we are checking out Sprint devices most of the time and not Verizon ones given both are CDMA? Is it because Verizon unlocking is a hard nut to crack?

Verizon device easy to unlock compare to sprint

Apple seeks ban on U.S. Samsung Galaxy S III

Source

Here's the full text of Apple's motion >> http://www.scribd.co...on-Galaxy-S-III

No sooner has the U.S. version of the Samsung Galaxy S III been made available to pre-order than Apple is back in U.S. Court trying to get the highly anticipated unit banned from sales in the States. Apple added the device to its motion to have a preliminary injunction placed on the Samsung GALAXY Nexus.

Apple purchased a Samsung Galaxy S III in the U.K. and is claiming that the device uses a data tapping patent owned by Apple and is one the patents that the tech titan is claiming that the HTC devices infringe on. The other patent that Apple claims the Samsung Galaxy S III infringes on has to do with unified search as it relates to Siri. Apple is said to be looking at some other patents including its new slide-to-unlock patent and one that covers autocomplete. The iPhone manufacturer's motion noted that press reports say that 9 million units of the Samsung Galaxy S III have been pre-ordered (a claim, by the way, that came from a Samsung executive), making the phone the "the most extensively preordered piece of consumer electronics in history." By bringing that up, Apple looks like a severely injured party.

On Wednesday, Samsung told the court that it was too late for Apple to add the Samsung Galaxy S III to its Samsung GALAXY Nexus motion. The Korean based firm said that if Apple wants an injunction against the Samsung Galaxy S III, it should file a new motion. Apple has asked Samsung to delay launching the device in the States until the court rules on its request for the preliminary injunction. Samsung said in response that Apple's motion would have nothing to do with the launch date of the Samsung Galaxy S III in the States.

^^^ it seems that seems Apple has chosen new mantr: "If you cant beat them in market, sue them."

May be cr@pple has thought the whole world is full of

____-( " )-

`%%%%

// \\ // \\

to believe whatever sh!t they are saying...

I am not apple fanboy but would like to make one point , s3 galaxy voice is ditto copy of Siri. Isn't it?

Firstly, Android had better voice commands features much earlier. Vlingo was there before Siri.

Secondly, any significant natural voice search feature currently depends on wolfram alpha engine including Siri and S Voice both. Apple had no role in developing it.

Thirdly, apple is not even claiming that Samsung copied Siri in the court.

The patent claim on which apple wants Galaxy S III ban on US is some stupid unified search feature.

Apple has become the biggest patent troll now a days.

First culprit is the patent office for granting patents for such generic items and then apple for mis using it.

Instead of competing on the basis of a better product, apple wants to use this dirty tricks to stop Samsung / competition.

Imagine Google wanting to sue microsoft just because one can fire a search query in bing similar to google search and getting some results.

How stupid that would be?

That's exactly what apple is doing.

• Like 2

Check this video of drop test. The idiot use 3 different iPhones and same Galaxy S3 to determine that iPhone can survive such drops compare to iPhone.

Read more here...

• Like 1

Apple and their very smart :grin:fans are doing everything to stop Android force.....this shows how nervous they are........

Edited by phonegeek
  • Like 1

LOL.... Nice strategy of cr@pple....

Yes I ordered on India plaza. Let us see when they deliver. It's available on ngpay for 36k.

As for 43k, it is the retail price or MRP if you like. The dealers have their own margin. They can decide what price they want to sell it for below 43k of course.

any update on your order? I too ordered it from IP, and so far they have not shipped it :( not sure what is their plan!

People Who havent Used Apple

Seems angoor nahi mile to angoor khate hai, My practical experience tells Iphone OS is much more Stable than any damn other OS

Once ur phone is jailbroken, Iphone is just like a beast,

Apps Quality is Much more better on iphone & plenty of apps available

Major issue with Andorid is the basic email app, Which is not at all par for a Smart phone, They Should have kept a Unified Email box than a Seprate app for Gmail & Other Emails, Which has made me Shift to iphone as handling email is much easier & simple on Iphone.

Copy Paste on Browser & Email app is not at all good on Andorid, Because many time u need to copy Text from browser or native email for SMS

These are some basic drawbacks

Smartphone Should be able to Make ur Work Easier.

Why the Hell Samsung Want to Copy Everything from Iphone

Middle button ( Android Touch Buttons are more usefull but Still samsung want middle button )

S Voice

Icon layout

Many others, Cant he develop his own,

Today got my Hands on S3, Phone is Super Light Weight

Plastic Feel is not good, Some metal would have enriched the Luxury

Other Function are same as Other Android with added Gimmicks which people will hardly use,

Felt HTC one X to be better in hands

Edited by parin

Please give us a detailed hands on review of s3 parin bhai many of us are very keen on

Getting s3.

Yes I ordered on India plaza. Let us see when they deliver. It's available on ngpay for 36k.

As for 43k, it is the retail price or MRP if you like. The dealers have their own margin. They can decide what price they want to sell it for below 43k of course.

any update on your order? I too ordered it from IP, and so far they have not shipped it :( not sure what is their plan!

Same here. They say it will ship on 15th.

Please give us a detailed hands on review of s3 parin bhai many of us are very keen on

Getting s3.

I havent purchased the S3

Had visited Samsung Store & was playing with the Demo Phone,

Phone was so light weight that for the 1st moment i thought weather its toy or original phone.

Hey Friends, using s3 now ! ultimate phone... the face didection works awsome... quite handy, speed, performance LLLOOOOVVVEEEELLLYYY! a really great feature i came across.. u can watch a video and still access other features... like mailing etc... in simple workds... PICTURE in PICTURE kinds... great.. the motion features like calling by simply placiing the phone to your ear also enjoyable.... over all a great phone... worth it... vodafone offering 3gb data free valid for 2 months on s3... go for it...

Hey Friends, using s3 now ! ultimate phone... the face didection works awsome... quite handy, speed, performance LLLOOOOVVVEEEELLLYYY! a really great feature i came across.. u can watch a video and still access other features... like mailing etc... in simple workds... PICTURE in PICTURE kinds... great.. the motion features like calling by simply placiing the phone to your ear also enjoyable.... over all a great phone... worth it... vodafone offering 3gb data free valid for 2 months on s3... go for it...

Even in S2 this picture in picture concept is available I hope. One of my friend was showing this feature in his S2

Which color looks better Blue or White?