Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Must Have Android Apps For Your Smartphone - Part II

Protect your privacy:

XPrivacy can prevent applications from leaking privacy sensitive data. XPrivacy can restrict the categories of data an application can access. This is done by feeding an application with no or fake data. There are several data categories which can be restricted, for example contacts or location. For example, if you restrict access to contacts for an application, this will result in sending an empty contact list to the application. Similarly, restricting an application's access to your location will result in a set location being sent to the application.

Install

XDA

Btw, Privacy for this Xprivacy: Can use Droidwall to restrict internet for xprivacy :)

Enjoy!

<p>^^ gud but for 4.0+ so still have to depend droid wall.. wish they support 2.3+ in nr future </p><p> </p><p>Sent from my Moto Photon 4g using Taptalk2</p><p> </p><p> </p>

<p>^^ gud but for 4.0+ so still have to depend droid wall.. wish they support 2.3+ in nr future </p><p> </p><p>Sent from my Moto Photon 4g using Taptalk2</p><p> </p><p> </p>

Use Pdriod

• Like 1

For normal users:

Cam Scanner. Turns your phone into scanner, crop, enhance, change perspective generate PDF.

Was using since long but now the app has been updated and enahanced with lot of cool features and holo theme.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.intsig.camscanner

• Like 2

Now introducin new app called TELEGRAM with highspeed msg delivering capable to send files up to 1GB, nd also it features to share Word nd powerpoint files... group capacity 200 people...

To download "Telegram" scroll down..

"Telegram (N Edition)"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.telegram.messenger

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Telegram adoption is really fast

lot of people giving it a try

Its a whatsapp look alike, but seems lighter and faster

little buggy for now.. but good to try

Kakao is better. It's more than Whatsapp + viber

Sent from my Lenovo A820e using Tapatalk

I am looking for a specific application related to managing CAR mileage / maintenance issue.

Like, whenever petrol is filled, we can enter amount , liter, km to record. After few such records it can calculate mileage automatically. (not gps based, as app will be part of phone & gps will be useless).

It can keep track of various things done in car, like oil filling, service done, puc done, insurance, so that it can remind me, when it is due next.

It can keep track of various cost of service, etc etc charges (of course, I will have to enter data).

I know, this is very specific & particular to india (like puc stuff !), but than having one such app will be great, as keeping, many such things in mind or files etc are not the only option available anymore, in this android world !!

occurred to me today, when while taking my car to service, the service man asked me, when I changed this gear oil, last ?? I was clueless, but then he had a record in his system, which immediately proved me careless car owner !, as it was due since few months back. I asked, this is MY information, so it should be in my custody first !! & later to others. but, Maruti publishing such data on their website (with individual logins etc), in near future there has to be some way out

Kindly direct me to the link for same on play. Preferably in free section :)

Edited by silent_god

Well this app meet all your requirements, except one, its not free :P but I guess its worth the features it offers.

Try it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zonewalker.acar

Pro is chargeable -

I was able to install the lite version, seems to be good :)

Edited by admirer2000

I have been using Torque (there is a free version in the market or you can search for Torque pro and download APK)

You need a OBD-2 bluetooth dongle with it. It takes all readings from the Car ECU and can then calculate what ever you want and show real time graphs and dials etc on your Android / BB10 phone and calculate 0-100 times automatically. Dongle is around 2K on ebay. Tell me if you need link or apks.

• Like 1

Big Kudos to CHAIN FIRE

just found it while i was lurking over at XDA and sharing with all ,

ORIGINAL THREAD - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=49933967

You are being watched...

A fairly new trend in (for example) retail is tracking customer's movements by snooping Wi-Fi signals. If your Wi-Fi is turned on, even though it is not connected to any network, your phone will periodically broadcast a unique number (the MAC address), as well as all the Wi-Fi network names and addresses it remembers ever connecting to. With newer Android versions this can happen even if Wi-Fi is turned off, due to a feature called "scanning always available", which helps your device better determine its location.

At the very least, businesses can use these signals to track your visits. But these signals can also be used by a malicious entity (store owners, for example) to track your exact physical location in any area under their Wi-Fi surveillance. In a store, this data can be used for optimizing another one of those annoying store re-arrangements, forcing you to walk by all the product you don't want, to get to those you do want. Or detecting products you're tempted by, but ultimately not buying.

Of course they can also track your trip to the register, and couple your device's MAC address to the payment information (and thus many details about who you are). The tracking hardware and software vendors, the store (or chain) owner, their business partners, they can now all track where you are every time you come into range of one of their systems, and fully profile who you are, what you do, your financials, and your daily patterns!

That's just one small example - the possibilities are endless. A crook could hide a tracker at a bunch of houses, and in an automated fashion learn the patterns of everybody living in all those houses, without even having to do any surveillance - picking the ideal time to heist the family jewels becomes trivial. Authorities can use this information to correlate physical evidence with your location as well, and all the nastiness that comes with that.

Not even mentioning that your device's habit of announcing who all it's friends are and their names, makes it easier for hackers to perform a man-in-the-middle attack, tricking your phone to connect to an access point under their control.

Pry-Fi

One solution is shutting off Wi-Fi completely (including the background network scanning), but you would lose benefits like automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks and improved location awareness for your apps. It also does nothing to help the situation for others.

Pry-Fi will prevent your device from announcing all the networks it knows to the outside world, but it will still allow background scanning and automatically connecting to Wi-Fi networks. While you are not connected to a Wi-Fi network, the MAC address will constantly be pseudo-randomized, following a pattern that still makes the trackers think you are a real person, but they will not encounter your MAC address again. This will slowly poison their tracking database with useless information.

When you do connect to a Wi-Fi network, unless you specify otherwise, your MAC address will also be randomized - the same MAC address will not be used the next time you connect to this or any other network.

War!

Though of course the companies involved with these trackers claim they wouldn't use the data maliciously, the possibility is there, and we all know that if something can be abused, ultimately it will be. There do not appear to be any laws against these practices yet, nor is it likely Wi-Fi will be redesigned any time soon to get rid of the information leaks.

But we can make an effort to reduce the usefulness of the tracking data for the exploiters. Pry-Fi comes with a War mode, which when enabled tries to make your Android device appear like dozens of people. Just wandering around an area under Wi-Fi location surveillance for a few minutes can ruin the tracking data for the period of your stay.

Proof-of-Concept

This is proof-of-concept code, and how for it will go in the future depends on interest and how well it works. It has been tested on several devices and seems to work, but it is very young still. The magic the app does to achieve its purpose is ever subject to changing Android security policies and OEM customizations, so even though it works now, there really is no saying if it will still be possible in future firmwares.

Download

You can get Pry-Fi from Google Play

For the next few hours it'll also be available as attachment here, in case the app hasn't propagated to Play on your side of the world yet.

chk out foxify...found out though wifi could not be started but my moto droid was able to connect on usb mode....

link to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi&hl=en

regards

Abhishek

Will Smart Assist (from Moto X/G) work on Razr M?

Can someone share apk?

@Bablus

It is same as Smart Actions they just made it simpler in the newer devices and renamed it as Assist

okay

if simpler is better, would like to try out

Very good and useful app for parents to monitor babies.

Read description of the app for more details.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sleekbit.dormi

They are offering 80% launch discount, use code BEGINNERSTECH

• Like 1

As we started to live in digital age, remembering passwords for every site became a biggest headache. Offlate, may services have started and we also started using it like, lastpass, 1password, keepass, etc. I myself using lastpass for last 2 years.

All these services do good job in managing passwords but none of the above can autofill your credentials on your phone which makes it little useful on mobile.

So, here is another services known as paswordbox.

Its a freemium service and you can store and use 25 passwords for free but for saving more, you need premium account. Also there is referral program where if you refer to friends, you can get all the premium features for free. Here is my referral link, http://j.pbox.io/1OGEcR5o

I am sure, you wont be disappointed.

Here are its features:

post-18348-0-87293400-1393467354_thumb.p

Edited by phonegeek
  • Like 1

Have used google now launcher (also called GEL - google experience launcher) on Nexus 7 2012. It has a few minor but good tweaks & transparencies etc copied from the other 3rd party launchers.

Nothing big though, and it is just a little bit slower than stock/previous launcher on N7 2012. Works fine on N7 2013 or N5

Check out "Google Now Launcher" - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher

Did anyone try this?

I think compatible only with nexus..

Can anyone share apk?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02/26/google-releases-the-google-now-launcher-to-the-play-store-only-compatible-with-nexus-and-gpe-devices-right-now/

download this app and try. apk available for other model also. i tried this on HTC one working fine.