Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nikme

GSM Radio Finally Unlocked For Motorola Droid Razr, Droid 4, Razr Maxx

GSM official Unlock

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/2839-droid-razr-utility-17-for-ics-and-those-who-want-to-go-to-ics/

Everything is working awesome

DATA

Call

MSG

USSD *123#

Customer care call option.

everything is working fine.

With ICS upgrade no tweak is required to activate gsm , I have Tata cdma working (without data) also Aircel works both GPRS and 3g .. waiting for kapil to guide us on if data can be activated on cdma ..

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

I have not tried much. I was able to get data on Reliance 1x Network on Bionic. But it fails where these is EVDO coverage. Reason unknown.

APN / ppp-ril.options both do not work even if IP behaviour is set to Simple IP. There is a build.prop tweak to get it working, which I have not yet tried. Once we have APN / PPPD working in CDMA, data with OMH is possible. Since Razr, Bionic take everything from OMH, even the PPP HDR passwords.

I do not have any such handset like Razr, Bionic to try this out with, So I cant help.

• Like 1

GSM radio is unlocked on droid razr max when updated to OTA ICS, i.e. 6.16.211 however if you are using RAZR / MAXX on CDMA with GB and EVDO is working do not upgrade to OTA STOCK ICS unless you have verizon LTE SIM.

EVDO / CDMA data breaks after ICS upgrade and as on now there is no solution unless you have LTE SIM.

GSM radio is unlocked on droid razr max when updated to OTA ICS, i.e. 6.16.211 however if you are using RAZR / MAXX on CDMA with GB and EVDO is working do not upgrade to OTA STOCK ICS unless you have verizon LTE SIM.

EVDO / CDMA data breaks after ICS upgrade and as on now there is no solution unless you have LTE SIM.

Yes, my entire phone had to be programmed again. Luckily I had the Verizon sim and cud make 1x work but evdo is not working. I called reliance cc and told them about my imported Handset and all but they told me my evdo is already on from their end.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Edited by nitink

ICS support OMH sim but no data.

Have zeroed NV item 8035? it is must for HDR to stick

Load attached NV using CDMA WS 2.7 and then reload your dump.

8035.txt

Edited by kshah

So ICS is bitter for Droid-Razr users in CDMA mode??? Let us hope some good solution will come in few days...

So ICS is bitter for Droid-Razr users in CDMA mode??? Let us hope some good solution will come in few days...

atleast 1x is working fine.

Evdo will work with ics on razr there are updates of the same havent tried though

But will update to ics and test.

@nikme

Can you elaborate or be more specific please?

@nikme

@nikme

Specific as in? It has been reported by some people about evdo working on reliance cdma with tweaks after ics update on razr not personally tested but would be doing it soon.

As far as my trials are concerned, I am unable to get EVDO as I have no LTE SIM in phone.

Coming back to the original post of this thread, have few questions if anyone can answer.

1. I wanted Android with QWERTY, hence been waiting for Droid 4. As you guys have said, have cracked Droid 4's GSM radio, is everything working fine?

2. I have Vodafone network in Mumbai with 2G/3G connection, which is GSM. Will the hack work for this network?

3. << You have already asked this question in a new topic, why ask the same again here? >>

Need a phone badly. Please advice. Waited whole of this year, rather mid last, for this phone.

:previous:

Check your PM

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Could someone please provide me with RF NV items dump using DFS or similar tool for Droid Razr? I want to try and use it on Bionic hoping that RF calibration data for GSM bands would help me use it on GSM. You may start the NV dump from 551(0x0227 hex) so that IMEI item(550) is not part of it. There is no other sensitive information.Thanks in advance.

I have Radio Comm setup and trying to figure out some way to unlock the GSM on Droid Maxx (XT 1080M). The post on XDA about changing the NV bit from 01 to 00 does not work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2166542

However, if someone can tell me how to get the NV dump, then I would surely like to do that and study.

Also, if there is some logging debugging tool that can be used, to figure out what is happening, then please share information.

One of the major issue in using razr series phones for gsm is, when gsm signal is weak, it will switch to global mode. So, it may log in to cdma network or if prl is not available or ruim only mode is set, it won't come back to gsm easily...

Any way to force keep it on gsm only?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I bought a mobile phone (Motorola xt894) from EBay.
I am facing following problems while using the mobile:

1. When using it with Airtel (GSM):

i. Able to make and receive calls, receive SMS, WiFi and Hotspot working.
ii. Able to access data.
ii. Not able to send SMS, dial any number starting with * (e.g., *121*2# to know the balance).
iii. Not getting balance information after call (that comes in form of message USSD when call ends).
iv. Mobile numbers prefixed with +91 can't be dialed, this is not a big issue i think.

2. When using it with Reliance CDMA:

i. Able to make and receive calls, send and receive SMS, WiFi and Hotspot working.
ii. Initially not able to access data. After changing Settings->Mobile networks->CDMA subscription to NV, now data is accessible but only in 1x mode. It sometimes shows 3g near signal strength signal, but as soon an i access something on Web Browser it becomes 1x.
iii. Send SMS HSD to 55333, got reply "Your request could not be processed".

3. Why it shows "No SIM card - Verizon Wireless" Not the Actual Network.

Circle : UP East
Area : Lucknow
Reliance CDMA Prepaid Normal SIM cut into Micro SIM RECRUC...... (OMH)
Device : Motorola XT894
CyanogenMod Version : 12.1-20151109-NIGHTLY-maserati
Android version : 5.1.1
Android security patch level 1 Nov 2015
Kernel version: 3.0.8-gc535964

build04@cyanogenmod#1

Mon Nov 05:54:40 PST 2015

Kindly solve my problems.

Regards,

Alok Pathak

post-90610-0-45087300-1450291994_thumb.j