Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

MTS: Dirty Tricks Department For Unauthorised VAS Deductions In Prepaid

Most of the time mts is latching to tat docomo cdma network

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

How do you know? I mean it's not like GSM...

@rajanmehta .. your case is unique one! Because I am using MTS since their launch in Kolkata in 2009 and never faced any such problem.

99% chance is that the culprit is the local vendor from whom you took the connection or made a recharge.

I took the connection from the only MTS Official Gallery here and the recharge was done by me online on MTS Website.

The calls coming from number 01401753863 are from MTS automated system which when just picked up activates VAS packs.

Don't think the other vendors may have have any control over it.

guys i'm using MTS ,,, Reliance ,,,, Aitel connection but belive me MTS services & Call Tariffs are unbelivable

MTS is the market leader in MTS MBlaze Data Services

Photon + is market leder.

mts selling dongle at cheap rate, but customer's are not recharging it.

and number is shown as active in mts for more than 6-12month time.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

@ Rajan ji, the simplest way to block these is to install Mr. Number from Play store and block pesky calls by choosing "All numbers begining with" option (in your case it will be 140 or 0140). This works flawlessly. I use it.

MTS has automated system of these calls which changes the caller number always, so you cannot block a single number. And the interesting fact is that as Mr. Number starts blocking these calls, you will stop receiving these calls eventually after some time (as in my case). So, go for Mr. Number and get rid of this problem.

^^^

Unfortunately i am not using an android handset with MTS connection.

^ and above all, as all telemarketing numbers (including numbers belonging to telecom operators), starts from 0140, even the verification calls are being made by these numbers. :doh: So, blocking or not attending calls from those nos. would lead to deactivation/suspension of the number (facing this issue with idea preapid - fancy no.) and struggling to get that no. reactivated :ranting: (paid premium for that fancy no. to the retailer)..

Rajan Kaka, MTS is playing Dirty Games with you. :P

It will be good if we can teach them the lesson through PGP Portal. I think you would have already initiated the same. :)

even the verification calls are being made by these numbers. So, blocking or not attending calls from those nos. would lead to deactivation/suspension of the number (facing this issue with idea preapid - fancy no.) and struggling to get that no. reactivated.

I knew service calls for subscriber verification are also from numbers starting with 0140, so I blocked the numbers starting with 0140/140 only after my number got verified. I too use a vanity BSNL number ported to MTS.

IMO, every one should activate DND after taking connection.

I also did same thing with MTS (WB) and never faced any wrong deduct of balance,

After that, I got a new idea connection with Rs.30 main balance but i did'nt start DND so all the balance got deducted without making a single call, then i activated DND then got rid of balance deduct! :Sorprendido:

UPDATE:

Again today approx. Rs 39 deducted by way of activating some cricket news pack/Caller Tunes without doing anything on my part.

DND is already active since long.

When called up to complain, the CC had the balls to tell why don't you use these services, they're nice.

Now even after lodging the complaint, their automated looting machine is still trying to activate further new services but can't because the balance remaining is just 14 paise and this error SMS keeps on coming..

Dear Customer you don't have sufficient balance to subscribe to this service. Kindly recharge or top-up your account and try again.

I don't have the patience/energy everytime to waste my time with this buggers.

Will just throw away the SIM Card.

rajan ji..

Change ur operator instead, if u want to save the number.

Otherwise write a mail to their higher ups asking how they took the written confirmation before activating the service and when did they inform u 3 days before service renewal date.

MTS is trying hard to become Reliance... Looks like they can...

^^^^^ I would say that mts has surpassed reliance with these kind of actions :lol:

Sent from my rotary phone

NO.... Million more miles to go for MTS to become Reliance... But looks like surely they have that talent...

• Like 1

^ because there are many ex-rcom employees in mts.. :P

• Like 1

if u have need higher person mail id i will give you , you can write the mail VC or Indian head directly mail and sure they are resolve matter

AFAIK, MTS dont do dirty tricks.. I`ve been using 3 mts numbers for about 2 and 1/2 yrs as of now and they have never deducted a paisa unnecessarily..

Two days back I got a new MTS(Delhi) number for my father.

Haven't activated DND till now.

Not a single promotional SMS/call till now.

I'm just waiting for this to happen.

@ni0987 oh promo calls/sms will come. no doubt in that.. i only wanted to say they don deduct money by activating packs on their own.. :hypocrite: