Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Nexus 4 - The Next Google Flagship Phone is Official

Sorry for bringing this bad, yet un-confirmed news..

LG might be planning to sell Nexus 4 at €599 outside Google Play

Reports are coming from several European countries that LG might not be planning to sell the new Nexus 4 as cheap as Google is selling it in Google Play.

Looking at the disparity in the pricing, a Spanish retailer has even dropped its plans to sell the phone, reported The Next Web.

According to the blog, Phone House announced on its Facebook pagethat it is suspending plans to sell Nexus 4 after it learned that manufacturer LG is to sell the phone at a far higher price than Google is offering directly.

Such pricing is not limited to Spain; reports from Italy, Austria, and Denmark are also indicate that LG is planning to sell the phone for around €599 ($768), which is a lot more than Google Play pricing of $299/$349 in US and €299/€349 in European countries.

Angry customers in Italy have taken to LG Facebook page to protest against such high pricing.

If this is indeed the case, we don’t expect a see a pricing less than INR 34-35K in India, whenever LG plans to release it, suddenly making it not-such-sweet-deal, which it was looking until now.

LG has not issued any statements till now, but we hope that LG gets its act together.

SOURCE: androidosdotin, androidcentral

-------------------------------------------

Even though LG is CRAZY enough to do this, I pray they don't commit this suicide and once again kill their already dying reputation on Android world (due to OS update or lack of it even to to their flagship phones)...

-------------------------------------------

Edited by KanagaDeepan

That's stupid. Most people amongst us will get from us only

Verge has an exclusive interview with Google guys for both nexus devices launched. They have given enough gyan on phone and software integration. But verge on another review has said that there nexus 4 has glass plastic on back and it beaks easily. They Also noticed that Andy Rubin was also using a phone that had a broken glass on the back side. Verge guys got a hairline crack on dropping it from Kitchen table. That sad ...and phones so fragile with glass is really not good

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

@Google Please SHUT UP !

And take my money for 16gb Nexus 4, and Nexus 10

Why Nexus 4 looks more promising then Galaxy Nexus

• Nexus 4 have Quad core Qualcomm S4 Processor compared to Dual core OMAP of Galaxy Nexus which will be too each for Neon Optimized Games and Media players.
  • Adreno 320 in Nexus 4 which is TOP NOTCH GPU, Galaxy Nexus GPU was very very slow
  • 2gb RAM in Nexus 4
  • Build Quality of Nexus 4 is way better and SLCD (which we have seen on HTC OneX ) also looks awesome.

I think im okay with 16gb Version, Yes i do have Samsung Galaxy S3 with 32gb on Board and 64gb UHS-1 mem card but i can eaily live with Essential products without Videos and Top Notch Games on it, Casual games and Songs can easily be fitted in this Density !

Soon DROID DLX will come with 1920 x 1080p Screen with Top notch Specs ! This is why i like Android ! its always on fire !

• Like 1

Don't know why Nexus 4 benchmarks are so low!

Ofcourse it's done on review sample but still terrible compared to competition.

Anandtech Google Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 Performance Preview

Anyone planning to attempting to buy it from google play tomorrow ??

Does google play accept only US issued cards ??

Am too interested in thid phone provided it comes at sub 20K cost..

price offered by our reputed sellers is sure to be considerably less than that offered by the ebay sellers. at least i'm hoping it is. :Sorprendido: . sub 20k price will make this a must buy

Looks like people who want to own a nexus 4 need to wait a little longer.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/blog/1685860/nexus_4_might_not_reappear_on_play_until_middecember.html

Sent from my rotary phone

Some people ordered on global ebay but delayed because of sandy and Google.

To sell in Malaysia on 7.1.13 for about 28000 INR

and Indonesia for about 30000 INR equivalent:

http://droidxda.blogspot.com/2013/01/rumor-google-nexus-4-by-lg-16gb.html

http://my.news.yahoo.com/indonesia-multiply-start-taking-lg-121141431.html

Wtf. A friend got one for 21k from us. By the way, I will be in Malaysia in March for a bit. I guess they will launch it for 35k by then in India.

Getting your own Nexus 4 16GB at about 22K -

...And I thought Nexus 4 wouldn't really arouse much interest. How wrong was I? Never knew I'd get so many pm's. Anyway for the benefit of all I'm outlining the procedure I followed to order the Nexus 4 from US of A and get it delivered commercially. The method outlined below is a stroke of genius but due credit is to Google baba. Hunt and you shall find.

Please note - The method I used exploits legal loopholes and I am not to be held responsible for any damages or losses. Use your own discretion

Step 1) Google Play store

Anybody visiting Google play store to buy the Nexus 4 (http://www.google.com/nexus/4/) is greeted with this

1058136d1362411847-mobile-phone-thread-q

Obviously its not (yet) launched in India thus requiring a work around i.e. using a proxy to tell google that you are logged in from US. Since google identifies you based on your IP address, you'll need a proxy.

There are many proxies that you can use. I used Tunnel Bear (free). Its a small client that you need to download and install. Once done, go to playstore and now click "shop now". If you are able to see the purchase screen, the installation is sucessful and you are good to proceed. But don't order just yet because you need to have a US address before hand.

Step 2) Getting a US address

There are lot of providers that offer you a virtual PO Box address in the US (PPO Box, comGateway, Borderlinx, HopShopGo, ShopandShip etc). I chose shopandship as I have had a good experience with them in the past. Shopandship charges about USD 10 (one time charge) to setup a US / UK / China & Dubai address for you. The website, though shows you a charge of USD 45. You need to write to them and they'll give you a discount code which when applied gets reduced to USD 10. I paid them USD 10 through paypal and process work seamlessly.

Do note that shopandship takes about 2-3 days to set up your US address and activate the same.

1058138d1362411847t-mobile-phone-thread-

Step 3) Ready to place order

Using the proxy, log onto playstore and select the Nexus device you want. I went in for the 16GB model as it costs only USD 50 more than the 8 GB model. Also being a non expandable memory device 16 GB makes sense. Post the OS install I'm left with 12.92 GB free.

Ok, coming back, you can use your Indian credit card itself and for billing address give the same US address which was created through shopandship (or any other provider). Shipping address also the same US address that got activated.

Points to note

a) I paid with my citibank credit card and it worked flawlessly. Google will initially only block the amount on your cc but will actually bill it only when they ship.

B) Indian credit cards do not allow international website to check your billing address, hence this works well.

c) I'm not sure if debit cards would work or not as I never ever use my debit card for ecommerce.

d) For international ecommerce websites you will not be directed to Visa / Master Secure but the transaction will go through the moment you enter your CVV and hit go.

1058149d1362413316t-mobile-phone-thread-

Taxes depend on the state where you have your PO Box address.

Step 4) Waiting period

Once you've ordered you're done. Now the wait begins. Google officially takes 1-2 weeks to ship your order, but it happens much quicker than that. I ordered on 16th Feb and google shipped my phone on 21st. Shopandship received it on my behalf in US on 22nd and I had my Nexus with me on 28th.

1058137d1362411847-mobile-phone-thread-q

Custom Duties & Shipping charges

Phone costs = USD 395.21 (inclusive of google shipping & local taxes)

Shopandship India shipping = INR 540 (exclusive of service tax)

Customs Duty = INR 500

Customs Handling Charges = INR 100 (exclusive of service tax)

Total = INR 1140

Google baba told me that some states levy octroi but I didn't pay any.

Customs may open your package for inspection. Mine was not sealed but the phone was scratch less and works perfectly.

Hope this helps you all to get your own Nexus 4. I can't promise to answer all queries but will try and help wherever I can.

Alternatively you can get it through ishop international where I was quoted 24.5K and without the hassles of all of the above. (Thanks Rajan Mehta)

nexus4quoteishopinterna.jpg

Edited by dkaile

:previous:

Also add 3.5% fee charged by ur bank/credit card. Thats also applicable on all international payments,

:previous:

Also add 3.5% fee charged by ur bank/credit card. Thats also applicable on all international payments,

+ add the custom duty which was increased in current budget.

Almost all phones are expensive 2-3% after the budget

Custom duty has increased from 2% to 8%. So its a huge diff. I recently got nexus 4 n the cost is killing. God knows chidduji had in his mind that he increased the duties so such an extent.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

^

The quote from ishop is current one got yesterday after duty increased and valid for next 5 days. The 24.5K landing cost is as on date with all hassles being there's and payment in Rs. not is USD so no extra charges on CC payment.

Please don't question the other person's intelligence by posting unresearched comments.

Custom duty has increased from 2% to 8%. So its a huge diff. I recently got nexus 4 n the cost is killing. God knows chidduji had in his mind that he increased the duties so such an extent.

How did u got?

what was the final price you paid?

26650. Including 1350 as octroi.

Now that Nexus 4 is retailing in India, would you still prefer to buy it from India where you have to pay 6k more or get it from the US for 20k odd.

Is it possible to use Nexus 4 on reliance cdma?