Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mywebid

OMH CDMA phones available in India market

Is MicroMax E390 OMH I thought it was network locked for MTS

Almost with all these handset s it's easy to unlock them. Some time ago mts mtag was a rage here, as it was unlocked to accept all cdma sim.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Thanx Baba Jee :)

HTC desire VC is available in snapdeal for 13600 ...

This mobile as per Micromax says its dual sim gsm+cdma.But the specs page says Frequency Band 900/1800.As far as I know this is gsm frequency and cdma operates on 800mhz.

http://www.micromaxinfo.com/mobiles/feature-phones/multimedia-mobiles/X321

Somebody please clarify

This handset is GSM+GSM, Bought from Shopclues, after checking micromax website. When i recieved handset i have shocked to see its GSM+GSM handset. After then i called to Micromax, they told its GSM+GSM handset. Luckily my freind needed GSM handset passed to him...

Ramprasad Micromax x321 was gsm + gsm only.Only some site posted here said it was C+G

Ramprasad Micromax x321 was gsm + gsm only.Only some site posted here said it was C+G

But unfortunately in micromax website itself shown as C+G..... :confuse: Thatsy i hav confused n bought it. Any way now i have passed that handset...

HTC Desire 600c dual-SIM with CDMA support listed on company's India website

Ketan Pratap, August 30, 2013

htc-desire-600c-dual-sim-big.jpg

After unveiling the mid-range HTC Desire 600 dual-SIM (GSM+GSM) smartphone for the Indian market, the Taiwanese major is all set to launch another variant of the phone, the HTC Desire 600c dual-SIM (GSM+CDMA). The handset has already been listed on HTC's official website.

The HTC Desire 600c dual-SIM measures 134.9x66.78x9.55mm and weighs 127 grams. It features a 4.5-inch qHD display. The device is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. It comes with 8GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 64GB via microSD card. The HTC Desire 600c dual-SIM sports an 8-megapixel rear camera with auto focus accompanied by an LED flash and is capable of 720p video recording. There is 1.6-megapixel front-facing camera with BSI sensor.

HTC Desire 600c also features dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers. Connectivity options include 3.5mm audio jack, Micro-USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, DLNA, GPS/AGPS and NFC. It also includes an 1860mAh battery.

The HTC Desire 600c dual-SIM is not a re-hash of its predecessor. Though the device sports almost the same specifications, it is not identical in design. The HTC Desire 600c dual-SIM is a CDMA variant and supports GSM+CDMA networks. The phone runs Android Jelly Bean with HTC Sense on top with BlinkFeed and other features. However, it's not clear at this stage whether the phone is running Android 4.1 or Android 4.2.

The HTC Desire 600 dual-SIM launched earlier this year for Rs. 26,990.

mobiles-launced-thumb_253x190.jpg

Mobiles launched in August 2013

HTC Desire 600c technical specifications

• 4.5-inch display
  • 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 64GB via microSD card
  • 8-megapixel rear camera
  • 1.6-megapixel front shooter
  • Android Jelly Bean

^^^^^

But when did HTC priced their phones reasonably in India??? This phone is slightly better than Galaxy Ace Duos C+G in specs (Quad_A5 and NOT Quad_A7 like CanvasHD and other cheap phones) but they have priced it higher than GrandDuos, MegaDuos, S3, Note2, (though none are C+G) etc...

May be they are thinking that Indian CDMA users have NIL choice and they have to come to HTC for higher end CDMA phones. Simply, they don't know about Rimweb.

• Like 7

it's not just about pricing the CDMA version. the desire 600c GSM retails at 26k so logically the CDMA sibling will be higher for qualcom cost. look at desire sv & vc. desire x & xc. all 'C' suffix phones are costlier.

even corby CDMA was much more priced then it's GSM counter part.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

HTC, Tata DOCOMO To Launch CDMA Smartphones

Smartphone maker HTC and Tata DOCOMO formed a new strategic partnership that aims to deliver greater benefits and advantages of CDMA smartphones to India consumers.

Over the next five months, HTC and Tata DOCOMO will launch a range of innovative smartphones at different price points from the high end to entry level handsets to meet the needs of Indian mobile users.

This includes the dual SIM version of its award-winning superphone – the HTC One dual SIM + - the first Android smartphone in India to offer CDMA and UMTS dual SIM capability, which allows consumers the freedom to use either a CDMA or a UMTS/GSM SIM card as the primary SIM.

The new HTC One dual SIM + also comes with expandable microUSB storage of up to 64GB alongside HTC’s latest Sense 5 experience and HTC innovations including BoomSound, BlinkFeed, and Video Highlights.

“Dual sim smartphones are becoming more popular as they allow consumers to take advantage of the most effective network coverage in the vicinity of the user for the best possible connections,” said Jack Yang, President, HTC South Asia.

HTC has tied up with Tata Docomo to provide special offers to its CDMA and GSM customers. As a part of this initiative, Tata DOCOMO is launching special offers for its Prepay & Postpay customers.

Speaking on this partnership, Sunil Tandon, Head – Non Voice Services, Tata DOCOMO said: “Tata DOCOMO is delighted to partner with HTC to launch HTC One Dual SIM phone. This phone uses the dual networks (GSM & CDMA) of Tata DOCOMO to offer great data & voice experience to customers.”

via http://www.lightreading.in/lightreadingindia/news-wire-feed/271840/htc-tata-docomo-launch-cdma-smartphones

Htc Desire 516c launched exclusively on snapdeal for 13k.

Has an older generation 1.2ghz quad core snapdragon 200 (with adreno 203 and cortex A5).

Htc Desire 516c launched exclusively on snapdeal for 13k.

Has an older generation 1.2ghz quad core snapdragon 200 (with adreno 203 and cortex A5).

VERY EXPENSIVE .Similar features in GSM is available for half the price

ZTE Grand II, is launched exclusively on Amazon.in and mentioned on the site as can support CDMA. It has very good feature like

Processor: Snapdragon 800

Ram: 2GB

Internal Storage: 16GB

External Storage support: upto 32GB

Battery: 2500MAH

and priced at Rs. 13999, which is very tempting.

Has anyone here bought it or seen it. Can anybody confirm it is really a cdma phone or not.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=7219&view=1&c=zte_grand_s_ii_cdma_p897a21

as per the specs mentioned, its surely a cdma+gsm device..

tap'n frm HTC desire 816DS on R-CDMA / R-GSM

Battery mentioned in this link is 3100, Where as for India it is 2500.

Definitely this is not the same model

ZTE Grand II, is launched exclusively on Amazon.in and mentioned on the site as can support CDMA. It has very good feature like Processor: Snapdragon 800 Ram: 2GB Internal Storage: 16GB External Storage support: upto 32GB Battery: 2500MAH and priced at Rs. 13999, which is very tempting. Has anyone here bought it or seen it. Can anybody confirm it is really a cdma phone or not.

Good buy

Only -ve that I see is no future OS update(Running JellyBean)

true.. battery size is different, bit model no. is exactly same.. P897A21

tap'n frm HTC desire 816DS on R-CDMA / R-GSM

^ ^ ^

One reviewer on amazon india (who actually bought the phone & put up unboxing video on youtube) said in reply to a question that it does work on CDMA but it's only single SIM. Amazon india on the contrary lists as Dual SIM in specs.
Great deal of confusion... :confuse:
  • Like 1

Yes, more confusion :). Yesterday myself and my colleague both inquired Amazon, I emailed them the same query and he called them, on call CS guy confirmed that it is a CDMA phone and email reply I received said She cannot confirm it from their side so asked me to call manufacturer directly and confirm the same.

Today I called ZTE on 18001031900 and support person said it support CDMA phone, I repeatedly asked him can it support cdma sim he confirmed that yes it can and data will also work.

Now we need confirmation from real buyer of the ZTE Grand II :).

sadly amazon doesn't ship items more than 5k to my location.. :( else would have bought it..

ZTE Grand II, is launched exclusively on Amazon.in and mentioned on the site as can support CDMA. It has very good feature like Processor: Snapdragon 800 Ram: 2GB Internal Storage: 16GB External Storage support: upto 32GB Battery: 2500MAH and priced at Rs. 13999, which is very tempting. Has anyone here bought it or seen it. Can anybody confirm it is really a cdma phone or not.

Now Reliance is offering Truly Unlimited Data on this Phone for 3 months Free of Cost

http://www.amazon.in/ZTE-P897A21-Grand-SII-Silver/dp/B00PLHU6AQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Offer will be attached/activated automatically within 48 hours of handset upgrade and an SMS confirmation will be sent on offer attachment from the back end