Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KAPILKDEV

TRAI ordered MTS to inform their subscribers about the closure of service

Thank u guys for the inputs. I already hv another number so I feel its not worth porting to postpaid as I hv to pay 250rs for new connection n then 199 minimum monthly rental...what happens when a number is deactivated...does someone else get that number or it stays deactivated for ever ??<br /><br />Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

It depends.

The number can be allotted to others also. But in most of the cases it remains unalloted as the operators still have a quite a good number of fresh series for allotment.

Good news for Tata Indicom and MTS users. MTS is in advanced stage to buy Tata Docomo. Tata will be minority stake holder and Docomo will exit.

Details on Economictimes It is also on the from page of The Economic Times, Mumbai edition.

:(
However, the transaction will be held up till a new merger and acquisition policy is announced for the telecom sector. A senior official in the department of telecommunications, asking not to be named, said the policy is likely to be announced in three months.
Current M&A norms are not conducive for the deal as they may require MTS to either surrender or pay the market price to retain the airwaves held by Tata Tele.

The new policy as per this article will take 3 more months to get implemented and we all know when it comes to policy implementation how super fast and effective our government is though this is good news not sure when it will come into reality

Firstly there was rumour about Aircel going for a JV with Tata, then there was a story about Uninor for this. And now MTS.

Personally I'll be benefitted if it happens as there will be MTS signal at pan-India basis.

• Like 1