Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KAPILKDEV

TRAI ordered MTS to inform their subscribers about the closure of service

^^^^^ Good suggestion Rajan ji... Further friends using MTS, please make only minimum amount of TopUp or data recharges till the completion of auction as a precautionary measure...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

^^ I think UPC code can be generated with any connection for Uninor.

PORT XXXXYYYYZZ to 1900 will work for Uninor

@Rajanji I dont think paying Rs 9100 Crore for CDMA Spectrum is worth ! MTS sud rather focus buying Aircel is possible lets see what action they take

• Like 1

CDMA spectrum for 5mhz pan India is 9000 crores. MTS has 2.5 mhz so they pay 4500 crores, minus 1650 crores which they paid in 2008 and initially only 25% payable. Rest to be paid after 2 years in 10 yearly installments. I think they can easily buyback all their spectrum. On the other hand if they choose to buy Aircel they pay 3-4 billion at one time plus take 3-4 billion debt that aircel has. In my opinion buying back spectrum in auction is much better choice. Only concern is longtime data requirement will not be fulfilled by just 2.5 mhz spectrum and there is little scope for further availability of 800 mhz spectrum in future.
@Rajanji I dont think paying Rs 9100 Crore for CDMA Spectrum is worth ! MTS sud rather focus buying Aircel is possible lets see what action they take
Bapu i did not give the logic of MTS buying CDMA spectrum on cheap. It was posted by chitsar. :)
However if MTS does buy Aircel, do they become a GSM operator? What happens to their CDMA investments in towers, customer handsets, dongles, the whole ecosystem then?

@Rajan MTS never invested so much in Towers they just used TATA's CDMA Tower and Tweaked PRL

• Like 1

Looking into PRL Table show

MTS used 14845 14844 SID which is TATA SID with Different NID though TATA use 65535 as NID with same NID / That means MTS uses TATA Infrastructure for 20 Circle they have, im not saying MTS dont own any ower in this 20 Circle but yest they are highly relying on TATAs Tower for this 20 Circles

post-9478-0-52794900-1361166699_thumb.pn

• Like 3

4 more days, probably 22nd February is that day, according to a well-placed official of MTS, the fate will be decided and everything will become transparent.

I'm waiting.

Is this offer for data card? or Smart Phone?

It's for smartphones...

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

4 more days, probably 22nd February is that day, according to a well-placed official of MTS, the fate will be decided and everything will become transparent.

I'm waiting.

Me too...

But I have faith that they will stay here with cdma spectrum.... Let's wait n watch...

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

^^ I think UPC code can be generated with any connection for Uninor.

PORT XXXXYYYYZZ to 1900 will work for Uninor

Nope. It does not work.

so... what about MBlaze users. How do they generate UPC? :o

• Like 1

so... what about MBlaze users. How do they generate UPC? :o

Cdma data card users don't need to generate upc code, they only need to unlock their data card..n if the sim/ruim slot is unavailable with that particular model, they have to manually add a ruim slot externally.

Hope I am right with my concept.. Experts?

BTW I think MTS have very much possibility to stay here with cdma...

Sent from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 on MTS

not all datacards are unlockable..

Afaik both MBlaze and MBlaze-Premium (foldable) data cards are unlockable (yes, using CDMA workshop very very simple and straight forward)... While premium has SIM tray, we have to solder a Tray in OG MBlaze.. In latest batch of modems (with updated firmwares), MIN range has to extended so that other network RUIMs will work in it... Thats also a simple job... I have unlocked both modems earlier and will upload that MIN-Range extender when I reach my home by month end.. So MTS data card users of Rimweb, need not worry much...

But there may be some rare cases when the SPC is not traceable (rare case only in very latest batches)... Else no need to worry...

you are right kanaga sir.. but newer lot of ZTE AC2746 has got the issue of SPC. and Premium (ZTE AC2766) is extinct :P

I'm talking about their huawei (ec122, ec1260, etc) and one newer model of zte (can't remember the model #).

Edited by aalok

Sistema Shyam Teleservices To Bid For Spectrum, Shut Down Operations in 10 Circles

NEW DELHI: CDMA operator Sistema Shyam Teleservices (SSTL) on Thursday announced it will participate in the spectrum auction to be held next month and will close operations in 10 service areas after 30 days.

"I would like to confirm our intention to participate in the upcoming spectrum auctions in March 2013....The go forward plan includes continuing with the Company's focus on its data centric-voice enabled strategy in select circles," SSTL President and CEO Vsevolod Rozanov said in a statement.

The company, which provides service under MTS brand name, said it has started the process of informing its customers in 10 circles--Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh, North East, Orissa and Punjab--to switch to other telecom operators of their choice.

"SSTL is providing a 30 day time window to all its customers in the 10 circles to exhaust their balance and to port out to a telecom operator of their choice," it added.

The closing down of SSTL's operation in 10 circles will impact around 22 lakh customers on its network.

"SSTL has a customer base of over 14 million, out of which less than 15 per cent come from the impacted circles," the company said.

Its spokesman declined to clarify whether the bidding would be for CDMA spectrum in the 11 circles where it has not mentioned any closing of operations.

Today is the last day of continuous operation in 10 circles. After 23rd March there will be no signal of MTS in these circles. MTS is taking usual one month for phasing out its services in 10 circles. Mobile subscribers can port out, but the data users has no option but to exhaust the usage/balance and look for respite elsewhere.

The public notice for Andhra Pradesh is here: http://mtsindia.in/andhra-pradesh/

Similar public notices for other 9 circles where MTS is going to cease operation are available in pages of respective circles.

Edited by sougatadc

Yes. MTS informed to port out subscribers in the following circles ASSAM, ANDHRA PRADESH, BIHAR, HIMACHAL PRADESH, HARYANA, JAMMU & KASHMIR, MADHYA PRADESH AND CHATISSGARH, NORTH EAST, ORISSA AND PUNJAB. Source

Edited by KAPILKDEV

MTS will take part in the auction for the following circles DELHI, GUJARAT, KARNATAKA, KERALA, KOLKATA, MAHARASHTRA, MUMBAI, TAMIL NADU, UTTAR PRADESH, WEST BENGAL. Service in these circles will continue. In Rajastan MTS already has valid license.

MTS is going to take part in the ensuing auction for their revenue-generating circles. They are doing away with the non profit making and yet-to-be launched circles like Orissa or Punjab.

I was confident about our circle (Rest of WB) and Kolkata as this is the circle which ranked first in revenue generation thrice in last 4 years. I knew if MTS was there, it surely will be present in out circle. But it's not a good news that it will not be present pan-India. But post NTP, the entire scenario will change of course. There will be major change in tariff structure, I think.

Edited by sougatadc

I am having 3 SIM's of MTS ( ofcourse not using now).Am I forfeiting the numbers If i dont port out to other network?

So as I told earlier MTS will not go pan India stands true. MTS currently commercially available in 15 circles, and 3 circles will go off out of these 15 - Bihar-Jhk, AP and Haryana where MTS has around 15% of total subscriber base.

So MTS is planning to stay in 11 circles + Rajasthan now. But as I talked with MTS spokesperson the planning may change depending upon some factors like competition etc. But it is quite certain that MTS is not going to leave the metro circles - Delhi (MTS has highway coverage Delhi to Jaipur), Kolkata (quite good subscriber base) and Mumbai.

As a result MTS will have to shell out very few amount! ;)

I am having 3 SIM's of MTS ( of course not using now).Am I forfeiting the numbers If i dont port out to other network?

Yes, do port out as early as possible after exhausting balance, if any, if you want to retain those numbers. You are from Andhra and MTS has already notified subscribers of AP (along with other 9 circles) to port out.

OK at the day END

Shyam was only Bidder for CDMA Spectrum and there was no Bidder for GSM Spectrum today, mostly it will close tomo and atleast for MTS customer its a good news subject to they bid for whole Nation

• Like 1