Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KAPILKDEV

TRAI ordered MTS to inform their subscribers about the closure of service

Feeling highly relieved now :hypocrite:

More spectrum means better data, Rev B is a possibility in near future.

But sans Mumbai I'll surely face problem. Already a long stretch comprising Chhattishgarh and MP was without data, now it will extend to Maharastra and Mumbai. Quite dissapointing.

Many negative speculations against MTS are now history. MTS branded handsets, MBlaze will continued to be used by their happy users. I'm looking forward to aggressive tariff and better data in active circles by MTS so that post-NTP it may play major role.

• Like 3

damn MTS.. they ditched UP(E).. :angry:

triggered from tappa-talk # 2

Edited by aalok

2G spectrum auction: Sistema won’t have to pay for airwaves till March 2018 source

The best is that they got 3 blocks of spectrum... :D

The worst is they don't get spectrum in Mumbai circle... :angry:

Sent from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 on MTS

Edited by avishekghosh

Thank god that it will retain in wb &kolkata

Sourcehttp://profit.ndtv.com/news/cheat-sheet/article-2g-auction-sistema-shyam-wins-airwaves-for-8-circles-skips-mumbai-319271

Sent from my HTC S610d using Tapatalk 2

wow... They retained Kerala.

But I just couldn't understand why they won't bid for Mumbai. They could have ditched UP(W).

Edited by srk006

Will it be available in Delhi? I was planning to port from idea to MTS but my friend said they are closing.

Yes. They have opted for Delhi

damn MTS.. they ditched UP(E).. :angry:

Sorry, Aalok.

• Like 1

Spectrum they got are Technology Neutral ! then why EVDO Rev B and 1x go for 1x + VoLTE/LTE

Yes, reports that they are going to 4G LTE in the 9 circles. source

• Like 2

Customers of telecom operators whose licences were cancelled by Supreme Court on February 2, 2012 will no longer be able to opt for mobile number portability (MNP).

Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has issued direction to all existing telecom operators to stop accepting porting (transfer) request of mobile numbers that were allocated to telecom companies whose permits to operate stands cancelled as per Supreme Court order.

The regulator said that "all the Mobile Number Portability service providers not to process and all the Unified Access Service Providers (telecom operators).. not to entertain request for porting in respect of mobile telephone numbers belonging to the service providers..."

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/telecom/no-more-mnp-for-users-on-network-of-telcos-who-lost-permits/articleshow/18932534.cms

:nerves:

Yes, reports that they are going to 4G LTE in the 9 circles. source

I'm dreaming about that.

Only MTS targets and thinks about small city subscribers.

• Like 1

Customers of telecom operators whose licences were cancelled by Supreme Court on February 2, 2012 will no longer be able to opt for mobile number portability (MNP).

Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has issued direction to all existing telecom operators to stop accepting porting (transfer) request of mobile numbers that were allocated to telecom companies whose permits to operate stands cancelled as per Supreme Court order.

The regulator said that "all the Mobile Number Portability service providers not to process and all the Unified Access Service Providers (telecom operators).. not to entertain request for porting in respect of mobile telephone numbers belonging to the service providers..."

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/telecom/no-more-mnp-for-users-on-network-of-telcos-who-lost-permits/articleshow/18932534.cms

:nerves:

As per my interpretation & the actual TRAI Directive, this should not affect porting requests for MTS subscribers of Mumbai, Maharashtra & Uttar Pradesh (East) circles where the services will stop as names of these circles are not in the directive.
Whereas MTS subscribers of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu&Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh, North East, Orissa & Punjab will NOW no longer be able to Port their numbers to other operators as the names of these circles are there in the directive.
Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 1

^^^^^^ What a menace, the authorities are playing games to cause the people suffer http://telecomtalk.info/no-more-mnp-for-customers-on-closed-network-of-mobile-operators-who-lost-licenses-trai/105135/

Edited by KAPILKDEV

since today evening, am not able to use MTS datacard on EVDO mode. It connects to 1x only. the company officials told that the network will be available till 10.04.2013. :(

What would happen if a MTS datacard of a discontinued circle istaken to a circle where they have got freah licence?

technically, all the numbers of discontinued circles will have to be deactivated.. my wild guess..

since today evening, am not able to use MTS datacard on EVDO mode. It connects to 1x only. the company officials told that the network will be available till 10.04.2013. :(

evdo services restored.. there was a technical issue and its good to see that MTS still care for the customers.. even in discontinued circle..

• Like 1

^^^

That's really good on the part of MTS.

dear all

i am having around 10 mts mobile nos in mumbai

when will they stop here and what is the right time to port out

jasmin shah

what is the right time to port out

Deplete the balance amount and port out as early as possible, no time to wait :nerves:

Guys many operators are not allowing to port in from mts ...n some say u can only get postpaid connection after porting...no prepaid..what should I do...only 8 days left...what will happen if I don port my number..??<br /><br /><br />

^^^

What else you can do? Port out to a postpaid connection if you want keep your number and if nobody is ready to offer prepaid. Subsequently you will be able to port out to any other prepaid connection after mandatory 90 days of staying with the postpaid connection.

Yes, port out to a postpaid connection and after 90 days port out to a prepaid connection. If you are not ported out in 8 days your number will be deactivated.