Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

News Snippets

This is called "Jale Pe Namak Chhidkna" (Rubbing Salt On Wounds)

$1.7 Million worth of BlackBerry PlayBooks stolen! >> http://tech2.in.com/...s-stolen/265912

Even more "Namak Chhidkna" (Rubbing even more salt) :lol:

Obviously, the thieves who stole the truck didn’t know about the contents, else they wouldn’t have bothered.

Even more "Namak Chhidkna" (Rubbing even more salt) :lol:

Obviously, the thieves who stole the truck didn’t know about the contents, else they wouldn’t have bothered.

LOL, Blackberry ke liye to badhiya hai. Bina Mehnat ke hi bik gayi sab Playbook. Afterall they will get money from Insurance any how.

Bechare jo le kar gaye hain, wo kaise thikane lagayenge?

^^ yes i heard the news - wonder that they will do with all those black S**T

who will buy them - they can sell it back to RIM with come compensation - ya thats better

Microsoft “kicked out” of CES keynote claims insider

Source

Microsoft’s decision that CES 2012 will see the company’s final keynote and booth at the January show may not have been as amicable as the press releases suggest, with suggestions that the company was “kicked out” of its keynote slot. According to GigaOm‘s insiders in Microsoft, the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) that runs the tech show each year decided it no longer wanted the company to hold a keynote session, and in retaliation Microsoft yanked its booth plans.

ballmer_ces_20111-580x410.jpg

“Microsoft didn’t pull out of the keynote – they were kicked out. Big difference” the insider is quoted as saying, though with it being anonymous it’s difficult to say exactly how accurate this all is. The CEA has declined to comment on the rumors, though it did issue a statement about the Microsoft news yesterday:

“In the fourteen years that we have invited Microsoft to deliver a keynote address at CES, the company has unveiled some great innovations, from operating systems to gaming platforms to mobile technologies. Both CEA and Microsoft have agreed that the time has come to end this great run, and so Microsoft will not have a keynote at the 2013 CES … Microsoft has also informed us that, although their plans for the 2013 CES are not yet finalized, they will not request the Central Hall exhibit space that they have used in past years” CEA

The final keynote itself sounds more whimper than bang, with Microsoft confirming that it would be more of a recap of the gaming, mobile and PC news of the moment than a last-ditch attempt to make serious headlines. That means there “won’t be significant news, but more of a wrap up of the strong year the company has had in consumer.”

Update: The plot thickens, with The Verge‘s sources claiming the split was less ferocious than this, and basically amounted to CEA looking for a longer commitment to future shows and keynotes than Microsoft wanted. “Microsoft simply didn’t feel it was getting a reasonable return on its investment with CES” it’s said.

Italy fines Apple for misleading consumers

ROME — Italy's anti-trust authority said Tuesday it was imposing a 900,000-euro ($1.2-million) fine on US tech giant Apple for misleading consumers on assistance services and guarantees for its products.

"Sanctions of a total of 900,000 euros have been imposed on the Apple group after it was found responsible for bad commercial practices that harmed consumers," the agency said in a statement.

Apple had given "unclear information on payments for additional assistance offered to consumers" and the company had not "fully implemented the two-year guarantee by the producer," it added.

European antitrust officials earlier this month launched a probe to determine whether Apple and five international publishers struck illegal deals to fix the price of e-books in Europe.

Apple has also come under pressure from a bitter global legal battle with South Korean electronics giant Samsung, which accuses the US giant of infringing four of its patents with the iPhone.

Apple reported a record net profit of $6.62 billion (5.06 billion euros) in the third quarter of this year.

Motorola and Intel have inked a multi-year, multi-device partnership, meaning Motorola will be making both Android Phones and Tablets powered by Intel's new Medfield, Atom Z2460 processor. >> http://www.theverge....st-phone-coming

IPhone 4S jailbroken - soon to be in mobile near you

Awaiting for public release

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Woz concedes Android advantages over iPhone

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak may have waited in line for the release of new iPhones, but he says there are ways Android has leapt ahead of iPhone.

In an interview with Dan Lyons for the Daily Beast comparing iPhones with Android phones, the Woz laments the limitations of Apple's smartphone.

"My primary phone is the iPhone," the Woz said. "I love the beauty of it. But I wish it did all the things my Android does, I really do."

However, don't get the idea that Woz is getting ready to dump the iPhone. He said his main beef is with Siri, which he said no longer works as well as he would like.

"I used to ask Siri, 'What are the five biggest lakes in California?' and it would come back with the answer," he said. "Now it just misses. It gives me real estate listings. I used to ask, 'What are the prime numbers greater than 87?' and it would answer. Now instead of getting prime numbers, I get listings for prime rib, or prime real estate."

He also said he prefers the GPS navigation on Android phones and he also takes issue with the battery life on the iPhone ("it just started running through the battery so fast").

Despite those gripes, Woz says he still recommends the iPhone, especially for people who might be intimidated by Android's complexity.

"The people I recommend the iPhone 4S for are the ones who are already in the Mac world, because it's so compatible, and people who are just scared of computers altogether and don't want to use them. The iPhone is the least frightening thing. For that kind of person who is scared of complexity, well, here's a phone that is simple to use and does what you need it to do," he said.

Source:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57359883-37/woz-concedes-android-advantages-over-iphone/

• Like 1

OMG - indeed its rightly said what goes up comes down

Kodak%20Girl_%201909-600.jpg

this is one of the most famous Kodak Girl from 1909

and camera is Gramps' Premo Camera, made by "Eastman Kodak Co. successor to Rochester Optical Co.",

Edited by Genius
  • Like 1

Teacher left stunned after finding Rs 490 billion bank balance

Source

A teacher in India got the shock of his life when he checked his bank account online and found 490 billion rupees (9.8 billion dollars)

Parijat Saha could not believe his eyes when a check at an ATM confirmed his billionaire status, on paper at least.

The honest man rang the State Bank of India (SBI) to point out the error.

Red-faced bank officials would not comment, but sources claim that the funds were "uncleared" and he could not have withdrawn the money if he had tried.

Saha's monthly salary as a school teacher in the eastern state of West Bengal is 35,000 rupees (700 dollars).

His account balance of 9.8 billion dolars is closer to India's annual education budget of 11.5 billion dollars.

"On Sunday evening, when I was checking my savings account balance on the internet, I was expecting an amount of a little more than 10,000 rupees (200 dollars)," The BBC quoted Saha, who lives in the town of Balurghat in South Dinajpur district as saying.

"I called up a friend in the bank and joked, maybe money is overflowing in your bank, that's why your system has remitted so much money into my account," he said.

The government-run bank with the motto "Safe Banking with SBI", has not explained what happened.

Subhashish Karmakar, chief manager of the bank's branch in Balurghat, declined to speak about the source of the funds or how the money got into Saha's account.

"I have been specifically asked not to comment on this issue," Karmakar said.

The bank's regional headquarters in Calcutta and national headquarters in Mumbai have been alerted and officials are trying to figure out what went wrong, sources in the bank revealed.

Saha said that he has managed to withdraw the 200 dollars from his account that belonged to him.

"Even though I got my money back, the account still holds the billions of dollars as uncleared amount.

"I don't know how long I'll have to keep that astronomical figure in my account," he added.

Edited by csmart

Thats a real new year bonanza indeed! If the bank officials cannot explain how the money came to the account, then it rightfully should belong to the owner of the account. What say? :hypocrite::Sorprendido:

Edited by rahulsid

Main kal hi jaa kar SBI mein account khulwata hun! :winko:

I wonder whether bank is going to give him interest for few days when money was in his account :D 9.8Bil

Even with 6% interest per annum he will earn like 1.6million$ per day (correct me if my math is wrong)

KBC mein jane ki kya jarurat hai, SBI mein account hi khulwa lo.

Main kal hi jaa kar SBI mein account khulwata hun! :winko:

Bhai, Nominee mujhe banaa dena. :winko: lolz

Daddu aap Itne paise ka Kia karoge .... Dant to aab rahe nahi ke khana kha lo, ankh se bhi kam dikhata hai- motiabind jo hai, hum jaise aap ke bachhe ko paisa bant lene do.

Kia baat hai aaj kal talwar nahi chal rahi kahin pe....

• Like 1

^^^

Soch raha hoon....itna paisa mil jaye toh ek anaath ashram khol dunga.....aur wahan bachon ko Talwarbaazi ki training doonga. :P

By the way, not a single penny will be transferred in the teacher's account as 'interest'.

This is NOTHING new for me... I have earlier seen (two times) my uncle's (retired govt staff) SB A/C with morethan 2 lakhs balance (expected is just 5000)... He complained to bank persons, who can't (or didn't care) explain and they simply said, "you can't take that amount, if you tried"... But my uncle didn't tried it (due to fear)...

But I didn't checked the interest thing... The SB interest is around (not sure) 3.5% p.a....

I've heard that this is one of the way of siphoning black money using million of accounts. Again It might just only be rumors

Similar thing happened to a user of India bulls few years back who was surprised to find money worth millions of dollars one day and gone another day in his demat account. It was even on the news.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

One of my friend had a slightly different experience:-

One day he had a few lacs suddenly credited to his account and the entry was quite strange & he was sure its not any payment he expected from anyone.

So he tried withdrawing as much as possible from some ATMs then transferred some to me & another friend to withdraw and give him etc - which we did.

And we had a couple of great 2-3 day party with this free money credited by mistake to his account.

After a week he got a credit advice from PF dept that it was his PF amount from earlier company where he worked 2 years earlier and which he had promised to give to his mother for something !

Kept asking us to refund all his party money for months. We didn't do that off course, but we had a great laugh at his expense and the feeling of free money was incredible during those few days.

One of my friend had a slightly different experience:-

One day he had a few lacs suddenly credited to his account and the entry was quite strange & he was sure its not any payment he expected from anyone.

So he tried withdrawing as much as possible from some ATMs then transferred some to me & another friend to withdraw and give him etc - which we did.

And we had a couple of great 2-3 day party with this free money credited by mistake to his account.

After a week he got a credit advice from PF dept that it was his PF amount from earlier company where he worked 2 years earlier and which he had promised to give to his mother for something !

Kept asking us to refund all his party money for months. We didn't do that off course, but we had a great laugh at his expense and the feeling of free money was incredible during those few days.

LOL.

lalach buri bala hai. there is no shortcut to money

BlackBerry maker co-CEOs step down

Source

TORONTO – BlackBerry maker Research in Motion's co-CEOs,

Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis, announced Sunday they would step down as co-CEOs of the once-iconic company that has struggled to compete in recent years.

• BlackBerry-maker-co-CEOs-step-down-FTSG9G6-x.jpg
By Oliver Lang, AP

Research In Motion's most famous device is the Blackberry smartphone.

Enlarge

By Oliver Lang, AP

Research In Motion's most famous device is the Blackberry smartphone.

The RIM founders will be replaced by Thorsten Heins, a chief operating officer who joined RIM four years ago from
, RIM said.

The Canadian company turned the e-mail smartphone into a ubiquitous device that many could not live without, but
users have moved on to flashier touch-screen phones such as Apple's iPhone and various competing models that run Google's Android software. RIM has suffered a series of setbacks and has lost tens of billions in market value.

RIM said last month that new phones deemed critical to the company's future would be delayed until late this year. And its PlayBook tablet, RIM's answer to the Apple iPad, failed to gain consumer support, forcing the company to deeply discount it to move the devices off store shelves.

Many shareholders and analysts have said a change or sale of the company has been needed, but the sudden departure of the two founders wasn't expected despite their promises that they would examine the co-CEO and co-chairmen structure.

dca098fb-2e9c-4ddb-ac87-074125a0058f-rim%20ceosx.jpg

Associated Press

Research In Motion co-CEOs Jim Balsillie, left, and Mike Lazaridis. The company on Sunday said they are stepping down and will be replaced by Thorsten Heins, a chief operating officer who joined RIM four years ago.

Balsillie and Lazaridis have long been celebrated as Canadian heroes, even appearing in the country's citizenship guide for new immigrants as models of success. They have headed Waterloo, Ontario-based RIM together for the past two decades.

"There comes a time in the growth of every successful company when the founders recognize the need to pass the baton to new leadership. Jim and I went to the board and told them that we thought that time was now," Lazaridis said in a statement.

Lazaridis will take on a new role as vice chairman of RIM's board and chairman of the board's new innovation committee. Balsillie remains a member of the board.

"I agree this is the right time to pass the baton to new leadership, and I have complete confidence in Thorsten, the management team and the company," Balsillie said in the statement. "I remain a significant shareholder and a director and, of course, they will have my full support."

A company that was worth more than $70 billion a few years ago now has a market value of $8.9 billion.

Analysts have said RIM's future depends on its much-delayed new software platform as RIM has tried and failed to reinvigorate the BlackBerry. Apple co-founder
said in late 2010 that RIM would have a hard time catching up to Apple because RIM has been forced to move beyond its area of strength and into unfamiliar territory of trying to become a software platform company.

Heins said Lazaridis and Balsillie took RIM in the right direction and said he's committed to the new software.

"We are more confident than ever that was the right path. It is Mike and Jim's continued unwillingness to sacrifice long-term value for short-term gain which has made RIM the great company that it is today. I share that philosophy and am very excited about the company's future," Heins said.

Barbara Stymiest, a former chief operating officer of the
who has been a member of RIM's board since 2007, has been named the independent board chair. RIM also named a new board member, Prem Watsa, the chief executive of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd.

Samsung Decides to Spin off LCD Business

Source

The board of directors of Samsung Electronics has decided to spin off the company's LCD (liquid crystal display) panel manufacturing unit, it said Monday.

The new company, provisionally named Samsung Display Co. will be launched on April 1, and will have an investment of 750 billion won (US$665 million) in capital, the company said.

Samsung's decision comes as it and its competitors are struggling with slow demand and falling profits in its LCD business.

The new structure will give the LCD panel business the ability to take business decisions quickly and respond to clients' needs more swiftly, Samsung said in a statement.

The move will still require approval from the company's shareholders in March.

After five straight months of steep declines, prices for large-size LCD panels stabilized in December, 2011 because of better sales than expected and decreased production, according to research firm IHS iSuppli. The firming in panel prices in December can be attributed to lean inventories throughout the supply chain and to lower factory utilization rates, after suppliers were forced to cut production in order to control supply and stem financial losses, it said.

Edited by csmart

^^^ i think chinese cos should not be allowed to operate for security reasons. US has banned but Indian govt will be under pressure from Telcos..