Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dacodecz

Stability Of Rconnect Services

Dear friend,

I have started this new topic to discuss how stable rconnect sessions are.

How many times you face the problem of disconnection, speed or inablity

to access certian sites using it, I hope we will be able to improve our

knowledgebase by discussing these things on rconnect.

Cheers .......................

Ok mine this session is running from last 48:28 HRS and counting,

data transfer till now for this session is

ppp0 Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol

inet addr:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx P-t-P:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Mask:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST MTU:576 Metric:1

RX packets:2382487 errors:6978 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:1895974 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:3

RX bytes:1052444155 (1003.6 MiB) TX bytes:336311884 (320.7 MiB)

Not bad stats, but I think they need to employ some more strict error correction

mechanism. You can see the time information in ppp section of attached picture also.

It's taken on my working desktop :-)

BTW anyone know when relaince will roll the EVDO facility to mass ?

Cheers .................................

post-2514-1116871561_thumb.png

Wotz that ,,,,,,,,,,Ok that lnx.. yeah i face d disconnection prob but no much i hav seen dat more the vibrations around more the disconnections.....isnt it!

ne way the spped is gr8 as compared to Barbad Sanchar Nigam Ltd. NET1...

Isnt it and does ne1 knows when reliance is going to launch broadband in all cities in india...

Speeds here are very pathetic at 10 kbps average (goes to sub 5 kbps often too). Is something wrong with the FWP I have or is it R Connect only?

AirCom, ur speeds are about the average everyone is gettin with rconnect...

Nothin wrong with ur fwp... i guess

Hah well thanks for confirming it for me yet again. These are unbelievably low speeds. I still can't believe someone can sell an internet service with such speeds.

coudnt have said it better :) ... pathetic scene. cant wait for evdo

btw, u meant the big B Bytes rite? 5-10kBps...right?

WELL in windows i get around average 10KB download speed mostly and in evenings it drops to 6KB etc :)

Man I meant I get 10 KiloBits per second (small b = bits, capital B = bytes) and sometimes around 5 even, not KiloBytes. Do you think I would be calling a speed of 10 Kilobytes per second low?? That would be the advertised speed of R Connect and it would be pretty comfortable.

Don't you guys get such low speeds? Or is there something seriously wrong at my end :) ?

Strange ...........

Whenever i used r connect with my LG cordless FWP i've never got speeds bwlow 40 Kbps.......onle once in worst case senario 34 Kbps!!!...........a think the connection speed & stability has lot to do with the signal strength in the area u're operating!

Actulaay i'm quite satisfied with its speed........maybe in the metros its more sluggish.........

cHILL OUT

well, 40 kbps (around 5 kB/sec) is not at all good, when they claim speeds upto 115 kbps, even if thats the average speed you get.

Actually they claim a speed of 114/115 kbps for upload and download combined (throughput) so assuming it's symmetrical (as i have observed it to be when i used to get nice speeds of even 70 kbps) a download speed of 40-70 kbps is fair enough since you will get a similar speed on upload.

I am going to call the Customer Care about my very low speeds. Anyone else gets speeds of 10 kilobits per second?

Edited by AirCom

For those who missed the boat

The cdma2000 1x RTT { Used by reliance right now } systems are designed for a peak

rates of 614 Kbps in forward link and 460 Kbps in reverse link and it is achiveable under ideal

radio conditions; however, the average rate per user is only 64-153 Kbps in the forward link

(CDMA BST to Phone modem) and 56-76 Kbps in the reverse link (Phone modem to CDMA BST).

So communication is asymmetrical between phone and BST.

115 Kbps limitation is due to standard serial port speed limitation avaialable on mass pc, it's

not a limitation of CDMA 1x RTT itself. Most of the CDMA phone do have the option to support

different port speed, 115/230Kbps in general.

The reason for having very poor DTR could be many but it don't happen all the time, from my

experience things are not that much awful. Lot of things can be tweaked to improve the

DTR.

Cheers .............................

PS

Kbps == Kilo bits per second.

KBPS == Kilo bytes per second.

1 Byte contains 8 Bits.

By the way what do you guys use to check your speeds? Don't you use the dialer provided by Reliance? It shows the speeds in Kilobits per second and mentions so, hence there shouldn't be any confusion on this if you use the official dialer to check your speed like me.

Well, i dont know why you guys are facing this problem at all

I have a LG LSI 110 which i connect with a desi USB A-to-B cable.

I use Windows XP with SP2

I have not done any MTU tweaks or any stuff like that

I use FlashGet and FTP Terminator for HTTP and FTP related downloads.

I use Newsleecher for NNTP downloads (This is what i use all the time actually)

I have never ever faced disconnection issues. Connected once, it stays there forever.

Average speed (download) I get is 15KiloBytes/Sec

So at an average i can download a total of 50-55 MB per hour

I use BWMeter for these stats

So I can touch 1GB+ on a daily basis.

Upload is pretty OK too, but you cannot upload and download together smoothly at the same time.

I have concluded that the speed of the internet is directly proportional to the connection strength and is very sensitive to that.

For e.g If in any room I get 4 connection bars (5 max) I do not touch more than 10 KiloBytes/Sec.

So I have moved around my PC at many places just to find the right spot for the phone where it gets the max connection strength.

I also have a LG LSP 340E but it s**ks, the speeds are pathetic, it gets stuck at 1 KiloBytes/Sec and is simply pathetic.

I hope my analysis helps.

Cheers,

Bhavesh

R Connect is a shared resource service; the speed will depend on a variety of factors like:

- the number of voice and data users in your area,

- signal strength available at the time of connection,

- the site you are visiting,

- your computer configuration,

- network load, and

- internet traffic,

Your actual speed can be as high as 144kbps, but in most real-world situations, you can expect average speeds of 20-40kbps.

What can be done to get a better signal? There are certain things available on the internet to get better reception on cellphones. A WiFi antenna can be used to get a better WiFi signal.

Similar to that, something might be possible for R-connect?

My intention is to purchase PCMCIA card for r-connect and I'm here on the forum to learn more before investing such a big amount.