Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Nokia 6265 CDMA Launched on Reliance Mobile now !

At its annual Nokia Connection event held in Helsinki and Singapore today, Nokia unveiled the 6265 CDMA slider as the most feature-packed handset unveiled by the handset maker for the Americas to date. Among its highlights are a 2 Megapixel camera, a high-resolution 262K colour display, music player and Bluetooth.

Based on Nokia's Series 40 platform, the 6265 is a dual-band AMPS/CDMA 800/1900 MHz handset with support for CDMA2000 1xRTT. A compact slider, the handset centers around its QVGA display with a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels and 262K colours, which in turn doubles as a viewfinder for the video and still-shot capable 2 Megapixel camera which has an effective resolution of 1.92 MP.

When operated in camera mode, the 6265 is designed to be horizontally, and sports a dedicated button for picture-taking. 24 MB of memory is available to store pictures, and the handset also integrates a miniSD card expansion slot to allow for further memory to be added. Also relying on the onboard memory is the audio player of the 6265, which supports MP3, AAC and eAAC+ formats. Playback isn't limited to audio, however, with the handset also streaming full-screen video in H.263 or H.264 formats at 15 FPS.

Should a fresh supply of music be required, the 6265 also integrates a stereo FM radio as well as Infrared and Bluetooth for local file exchanges - the latter of which also appears to support the A2DP profile for high-quality stereo audio. Additionally, the 6265 features USB connectivity, as well as support for video ringtones and third party applications via BREW 3.1 or Java.

Measuring in at a slinky 98 x 48 x 22 mm and weighing 126 g, the Nokia 6265 is expected to begin shipping in the fourth quarter of 2005. Nokia did not provide any information concerning its expected pricing.

Again series 40? Do they have a problem making higher phones for CDMA?

And I dont think this phone is coming very soon to India.

It is not even featured on the nokia india website.

6255 was there since an year or so and it arrived in July,

so it will be a long wait before we get to this.

Better look out for 6235 and 6155. Those are likely to be released sooner than 6265.

Whats the difference between Series 40 & 60? Does higher number equal better stuff always? Certainly doesnt for Nokia's phone model numbers!

Series 60 is the Symbian Platform based phones, Series 40 is an old technology now.Series 60 was started with Nokia 6600 but it is kind of slow in operation.

Edited by Mukul

Again series 40? Do they have a problem making higher phones for CDMA?

And I dont think this phone is coming very soon to India.

It is not even featured on the nokia india website.

6255 was there since an year or so and it arrived in July,

so it will be a long wait before we get to this.

Better look out for 6235 and 6155. Those are likely to be released sooner than 6265.

38616[/snapback]

I am not interested in Nokia 6155 at all. Not much of a difference between 6255 and 6155. Nokia 6155 does not have a bluetooth, if you want it then you have to buy a bluetooth adopter. But camera has a better pixals.

Series 60 phones r much better than Series 40 phones!

U can install 3-party s/w in Series 60 phones, like u install s/w in MS Windows.

For example, if there is no MP3 Player in a Series 60 phone then u can install it using many 3-party s/w. Same can be done for Radio, etc.

U can't do such things in Series 40 phones.

So what exactly is Mukul & co installing if they arent installing 3rd party apps. I'd say Fifa 2005 is pretty damn 3rd party.

There is difference between these applications and the s/w for Series 60.

Applications for Series 40 phones doesnt interact with the phone hardware but Applications for Series 60 does.

Like If a series 40 phone doesnt hv Radio, u can't install it using ne 3rd party s/w.

But u can install Radio in Series 60 phones using various 3rd party s/w.

Like we can install Radio in Nokia 6600, which doesnt hv it by default.

I wonder if Sony Ericsson would ever come out with CDMA phones and with features more advance than Nokia?????

Dude to get radio.... you need a RECEIVER! No amount of software can help you there. But I do understand what you're trying to say --- you get more feature rich apps on a Series 60.

The Radio s/w which I was talking about for Series 60 phones, works on GPRS.

So no hardware requirements for it.

But definitely U can do a lot with Series 60 phones than Series 40 phones.

Hope U understand me...

No one can say how long the wait could turn out to be. Its a trade-off between having a good mobile now or ability to choose between a few good mobiles sometime later. Ultimately, its you who has to make the decision.

It is slated for release in the last quarter of 2005 worldwide. It is not even listed in Nokia India site.

6255 was to be released in last quarter of 2004. It was released in may2004 worldwide and july in india. By the same logic we can expect it to be released by mid 2006. Now you have a choice to make. If you can wait till then fine otherwise.........

Nokia 6255 is a decent phone for its price. Probably, memory may be increased from limited 6 MB to shared memory like GSM phones. In terms of features I do not see any big difference between these two except for Mega Pixel Camera.

Other than these two features Nokia 6255 has everything.

But if you want the latest you need to pay the premium and Nokia is not going to stop with 6265 either.

My gut feeling is Nokia 6265 may cost more than 15K. I will not be surprised if it is around 17K. By the time 6265 gets released Nokia 6255 may cost lot cheaper and it may be around 10K.

If 5-7K does not make big difference you can wait for 6265 otherwise you are better-off with 6255.

I cant wait for such a Trade offffff........... B)

Its better to have a good thing now......u can always choose from the forth coming ones......but i'm really very happy with 6255.......i assume most of us wud be very happy aas well

---Avi

Dude but when they launch the 6265 then they will unveil their next super hi-fi model the 6275 and then the 6285 and the 6295. See what I'm trying to get at?

Buy the 6255 now if you feel it meets your requirements and budget for now and the next 1 year at least.

For my money though (and the 6265 will be probably in the 18-20k range competitor to the D500 and the like) I wouldnt buy something in mid-2006 that hasnt got EVDO!

Edited by anujit

After Nokia 6255 I would straight away go for Nokia 6295. I will wait till then.

Anujit let me know the Speculations Before Launch.

US CDMA Subscribers such as Alltel, US Cellular etc might be seeing a Nokia Symbian device sometime in the future. According to MobileTracker, the FCC has approved the Nokia 6638, the first CDMA Series 60.

Mukul,

Any information about 6638 release in US and then eventual release in India.

Do you know any other supplier(other than Nokia) coming out with series60 CDMA phone?

In Japan, service providers are alerady in EV-DO and I hope they might be already having series60 phones(just a guess).

Will 6638 support EV-DO? When would reliance will move to EV-DO?

Will series60 will have any major impcat if service-provider doesn't support EV-DO?

What would be the difference between series60 and series80 platform?

Mukul,

Any information about 6638 release in US and then eventual release in India.

Do you know any other supplier(other than Nokia) coming out with series60 CDMA phone?

In Japan, service providers are alerady in EV-DO and I hope they might be already having series60 phones(just a guess).

Will 6638 support EV-DO? When would reliance will move to EV-DO?

Will series60 will have any major impcat if service-provider doesn't support EV-DO?

What would be the difference between series60 and series80 platform?

40571[/snapback]

Nope. As of now the FCC has only approved the Nokia 6638. I am not sure the release date. It would be the first CDMA Series 60 so Japan cannot have it.

EV-DO stands for "EVolution, Data-Only".

Handsets using cdma2000 technology will also be backward compatible to the existing cdmaOne networks, so current handsets and features will operate over next generation networks providing continued access both at home and while roaming. So you do not have to worry with your existing set. :help:

cdma2000 1X

The 1xEV specification was developed by the Third Generation Partnership Project 2 (3GPP2), a partnership consisting of five telecomnunications standards bodies: CWTS in China, ARIB and TTC in Japan, TTA in Korea and TIA in North America.It is also known as High Rate Packet Data Air Interface Specification. It delivers 3G-like services up to 140 kbps peak rate while occupying a very small amount of spectrum (1.25 MHz per carrier), protecting this precious resource for operators.

cdma2000 1X EV-DO

1X EV-DO, also called 1X-EV Phase One, is an enhancement that puts voice and data on separate channels in order to provide data delivery at 2.4Mbit/s. It was developed by the Third Generation Partnership Project 2 (3GPP2), a partnership consisting of five telecomnunications standards bodies. Also known as High Rate Packet Data Air Interface.

cdma2000 1X EV-DV

EV-DV, or 1X-EV Phase Two with promises of data speeds ranging from 3Mbps to 5Mbps. As many as eight proposals have been submitted to standards committee 3GPP2 for the design of EV-DV

cdma2000 3X

CDMA2000 3x is an ITU-approved, IMT-2000 (3G) standard. It is part of what the ITU has termed IMT-2000 CDMA MC. It uses 5 Mhz spectrum (3x 1.25 Mhz channels) to give speeds of around 2-4 Mbps.

The difference between series60 and series80 platform :-

The Series 60 Platform brings consumers the best smartphone experience. Implemented in a diverse range of devices, the Series 60 Platform provides application and media developers with a consistent set of technologies. Equally at home delivering advanced enterprise applications, games, or music, the Series 60 Platform provides developers with unparalleled opportunities in the mobile space.

Application developers can work in C++ (using native Symbian OS APIs), the Javaâ„¢ language (using Mobile Information Device Profile [MIDP] 1.0 or MIDP 2.0 with an extensive range of additional Java Specification Requests [JSRs]), or Python.

All this is supported by Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Digital Rights Management (DRM) to protect developers' intellectual property.

Series 80 Platform 2nd Edition is designed to provide enterprise and professional consumers with an optimized experience for accessing, viewing, and manipulating business data and media content. Support for editing popular office documents and a full keyboard make the Series 80 Platform 2nd Edition ideal in and away from the office. Security features, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) in the Web browser make it ideally suited for accessing enterprise data securely.

Onboard applications can be developed in C++ or using Javaâ„¢ technology in the form of Mobile Information Device Profile (MIDP) or Personal Profile (PP). Content developers can use XHTML, HTML, Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) and a range of audio and video formats.

The Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) forward-lock method for Digital Rights Management (DRM) is provided to protect developers' intellectual property.

:quest:

Mukul,

That's a nice & detailed explanation. Thanks a lot for info.

By the end, what I feel is the space and flexibility which series60 phone provides may get under-utilized if Reliance remains in curent genearation of 144kbps.

Static applications like music and video loaded through expandable memory might get face-lift in series60 but the mobile applications like TV-live,music&video downloads, online reservations, video conference etc.. might not be achievable to the capability of the phone if Reliance continue to remain in current generation.

I assume that you don't have information for one question which got unanswered.

Hence I move that question to Reliance people active in the forum.

When will Reliance move to Ev-DO?

When 80% of current Japan CDMA network is Ev-DO(would be 100% by mid of next year), why can't we?

What Reliance and Tata doing?

They're waiting for the Govt. to allow them to. By offering them 3G frequencies and licences.