Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Nokia 6265 CDMA Launched on Reliance Mobile now !

Before investing big bucks on a Reliance phone, I'd like to point 1 thing I have learnt about Reliance (also shared by Ramchi and gids, I suppose). Never invest too much on handsets, so that you'll be stuck forever with Reliance. Now how much is 'too much', depends on you.

Edited by ani_meher

Before investing big bucks on a Reliance phone, I'd like to point 1 thing I have learnt about Reliance (also shared by Ramchi and gids, I suppose). Never invest too much on handsets, so that you'll be stuck forever with Reliance. Now how much is 'too much', depends on you.

the price of the gsm counterpart N6270 is INR 17000....so N6265 will be in the same range..

its upto reliance though...

I would play like Rahul Dravid when I see an expensive handsets coming from Reliance, I would leave that delivery directly going to the keeper. Why invest so much while you know the obvious.

well, its typical of nokia to price new handsets heavily. it becomes cheap in 3 months time.

Nokia 6265 is expected with reliance somewere before this month end. Should be priced below 20k.

Source Nokia CDMA distributor.

I spoke to 3-4 Nokia dealers in Mumbai and 3 of them informed me that the Nokia 6265 cdma handset will be launched in the next 1-2 months.And 1 guy told me that it may be launched as late as July-Aug 2006. I am very disappointed to hear this news. I hope its launched in April only and as soon as possible.

hmm strange everyone says diffrent dates. Well, some one in forum already mentioned 6 april as date of launch... which is not far. lets wait n watch.

hmm strange everyone says diffrent dates. Well, some one in forum already mentioned 6 april as date of launch... which is not far. lets wait n watch.

I hope its launched on 6th April,2006. Many people are waiting for this handset. But I have more bad news and that is I recieved a mail from one of my friends who works in DAKC and he informed me that the Nokia 6265 handset has not even come in testing phase for Reliance.Its expected to come in testing with Reliance by the end of April 2006.And then If its approved then It will take another month before launch because they need to fix the prices and other details.My friend has provided me this News but I dont know how true it is.Because I also want this handset to be launched as soon as possible.Lets wait and watch.

Well, atleast in Delhi, this handset came for testing a long back...I am sure of this as I myself happened to be at the RIC's office at Vijaya Building when the Nokia team was there with five new models (three of which have already been launched in the meantime).

So I would speculate anytime during April for its launch...It must be the pricing strategy and the negotiations with Nokia on RIM specific application suite (or u can say blocking many standard & handy Nokia features) which is causing the delay...

I must say, this is going to be the most hyped handset for RIM so far...hope it delivers what it is expected to...keeping fingers crossed for early launch and reasonable price :)

My guess is August'15, 2006 or just before that. Any way it will not help Reliance customers who already have 6255 but people will be hesitant to spend around 20K unless this handset is EVDo capable.

My guess is August'15, 2006 or just before that. Any way it will not help Reliance customers who already have 6255 but people will be hesitant to spend around 20K unless this handset is EVDo capable.

Is it only your guess that the Nokia 6265 handset will be launched in Aug,2006 or did you get the News from somwhere.And whats EVDo ?

hi guys,

This news is not confirmed but i think that it is being launched in the first half of april, the source of this news being my friend who is working in reliance infocomm. also i happen to be in possession of the dummy of nokia 6265 cdma, and let me tell you that it is absolutely fantastic. I for one is waiting for it and will buy it as soon as it hits the markets.

Amit

Where did you see the dummy piece of the Nokia 6265 cdma handset ? And does your friend work in Handset Dept in Reliance or some other Dept.And Did he tell you any expected dates of launch of this handset?

Edited by schumi

HA ha... First thing... forget abt nokia capable of EVDO.... Ask whethere RIM capable of providing EVDO speeds.

My cuzin is using PPC 6700 handset in USA of sprint service. gets 600kpbs ++ speed via EVDO. The internet is free unless used for commerical benefits. Lets see if RIM comes anywhere near this.

You can't compare Sprint or Verizon with merely two years old Reliance Infocomm. They are the long established telecom companies and one of the earlier entrants in CDMA technology, and that too in USA....

Moreover, deploying EV-DO require allocation of required spectrum by the government. Unless Govt is keen to have a thing like EV-DO in the country (which, considering the political messaround between AUSPI and COAI, I think will not be seen in the near future), Reliance can never think of starting service like EV-DO...Though, the internal reports say that RIM is ready with the EV-DO deployment and can launch the service in about six months period after the govt's approval. So the ball is in the Ministry of telecommunication and TRAI's court.

@Peter -- It is not the 'Sprint' which is giving the 600 kbps speed, it is the EV-DO technology...and it easily peaks up to 1.2 mbps (though, theoritically the speeds can be upto 2.4 mbps). Not to mention, whenver EV-DO is launched in India....don't worry, you will also get the same speeds i.e. average 500-700 kbps...

Edited by basant_jp

My guess is based on the assumption that last year they did the same for Nokia 6255. May be they need one full year to flush out all Nokia 6255 from their warehouse.

EVDO & 6265:

If 6265 is not EVDo capable I do not see any reason why anyone should even waste their money on this handset? Especially, when Basant says that Reliance can rollout EVDO in 6 months after they get the approval!

Why any one in the world would spend 20K for a handset [6265] which is NOT EVDO capable at the same time the provider is ready to rollout?

Especially, when Basant says that Reliance can rollout EVDO in 6 months after they get the approval!

Dear...this is what Reliance Infocomm's spokesperson said in an interview on CNBC TV some 4-5 months back, not me. You should expect a minimum of 1 year before they launch it as the government doesn't seem too clear on their spectrum policy yet. I wish anything that I say could come true :D

Cheers!

Edited by basant_jp

Especially, when Basant says that Reliance can rollout EVDO in 6 months after they get the approval!

Dear...this is what Reliance Infocomm's spokesperson said in an interview on CNBC TV some 4-5 months back, not me. You should expect a minimum of 1 year before they launch it as the government doesn't seem too clear on their spectrum policy yet. I wish anything that I say could come true :D

Cheers!

Guys forget about the EVDO and just focus on the launch of the Nokia 6265 cdma handset in India. I cannot wait to buy this handset.I would surely buy it even its around Rs 20 K.

I have attached a few pictures of the Nokia 6265 cdma handset. You''ll can have a look at them.

post-9849-1144263166.jpgpost-9849-1144263199.jpgpost-9849-1144263228.jpgpost-9849-1144263281.jpg

post-9849-1144263262.jpgpost-9849-1144263298.jpgpost-9849-1144263310.jpgpost-9849-1144263328.jpg

post-9849-1144263344.jpg

Edited by Vishal Gupta

I have attached a few pictures of the Nokia 6265 cdma handset. You''ll can have a look at them.

<snapped>

From where did u get these cool pics?

The handset is undoubtedly cool. The people who are willing to stay with Reliance forever surely go ahead and buy it. Just keep in mind some points about the cost of ownership. If in future (may be 1-2 years), you wish to move to GSM, then you have to sell the phone to someone. What should be the price that will justify your cost of ownership.

As for me, I am passing this over, as I am much more comfortable with different gadgets for different purposes. A series 60 phone or a moto razr (if at all it is launched) may change this opinion, but this beauty doesn't.

But those who are willing to stay with RIM for fairly long period, and are prepared to visit Nokia SC (I am not saying it will be unreliable or anything, just that I have usually experienced that more features tends to more risk of error), your paradise is arriving very soon!

HA ha... First thing... forget abt nokia capable of EVDO.... Ask whethere RIM capable of providing EVDO speeds.

My cuzin is using PPC 6700 handset in USA of sprint service. gets 600kpbs ++ speed via EVDO. The internet is free unless used for commerical benefits. Lets see if RIM comes anywhere near this.

how much is the latency speed your cusin get (ping latency)? Normally here i get 700ms on rim phones where as my broadband gives me latency of about 340ms

People need to make conscious decision when they go for Nokia 6265.

Pros:

1. Better design

2. Features which are almost similar to 6255 except may be 2 MP Camera.

3. Probably better memory

Cons:

1. Pricy

2. When EV-DO comes, you may need to shell out another 25K for getting EV-DO handsets in addition to 20K that you are going to spend on 6265.

3. What is the resale value when you want to upgrade to EV-DO

4. Is it worth for Rs 20K compared to 6255 which can be bought for 11K or so? I really doubt.

5. The most important reason: it is Reliance!

Any idea when its launcing.. I am waiting for this to launch

The wait is over my dear friend..

Nokia 6265 will be launched on 6th april 06 along with 2 new models dont know which ones...

But 6265 is coming in market on 6th thats for sure.. it might get before that also..

but official launch will be 6th apr :D

Sir ! Any latest news on the launch of the Nokia 6265 cdma handset. Today is 6th April,2006. :unsure:

Edited by schumi

how much is the latency speed your cusin get (ping latency)? Normally here i get 700ms on rim phones where as my broadband gives me latency of about 340ms

NO idea sir. IF you are really keen to know i can email him & find out. Let me know.

bsant , i know its the EDVO technology that gave that high speed.I just mentioned Sprint as to mention service provider.Also i realize that it takes time in INDIA. the point was that even if handset has EDVO, we shall not derive its benefits for long time to come. Even i have fair idea abt TRAI, DOT & sprectrum allocation debacle. Anyway, lets wait n see. 1 year is not a bad time frame as yet.

PRICE - 20K is little high. If they dont sell enough piece in first 2 mths.. they shall start giving discounts, free talk time n stuff. Lets wait n watch guys.

the whole problem is that they should have improved the features with the looks!

Cant they make a series 60 phone?

What is the use of having a series 40 phone again with just a better camera and better looks?