Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

New Home Page Launched For Rimweb.in !

Finally we have launched the new revamped home page for RIMweb.in !

Check it out at www.RIMweb.in !

Thanks to Indra (punbros) & Ashokjp for their hard work and creativity !

The home page uses CSS extensively and some PHP scripting for extracting the Board Statistics information. If you have any suggestions/comments about the new design, please post them here !

(Note: The new shopping website link on the top will be completed in a couple of days, an user registration module is being integrated with it)

:grin::clap::clap::wacko::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Its looks great.

Now home page changed what about others?

The new page gives a more classy and elegant feel to Rimweb.The best part is its not too cluttered offlate many websites are getting to cluttered.

keep up the good work

38524[/snapback]

Others means ? the forum pages ?

38524[/snapback]

Others means ? the forum pages ?

38528[/snapback]

yes

The forum page layout can be changed by selecting the skin you like. You can find the skin selector at the bottom of all forum pages. BTW, I'll be installing yet another new cool skin for the forum today :grin:

It's wonderful Buddy but the width of the central layout could have been increased by 50pixels more to trim down the gray ccolumns on either side of the page when viewed in 800x600 resolution.

Change is inevitable... change for good!!!

Keep it up.. Good Job friends!!!

The forum page layout can be changed by selecting the skin you like. You can find the skin selector at the bottom of all forum pages. BTW, I'll be installing yet another new cool skin for the forum today :grin:

38532[/snapback]

I just wants to say that look has to be carried over to forum pages also.

I had changed all the skins but couldn't match any one with homepage.

Well, a custom skin for the forum as per the home page can be made, but will take more time. And everyone prefers the default skin over custom skins, thats why I haven't made up my mind on custom skins.

Arun if we can make one it will great looking w.r.t homepage

hmmm ok, will see, anyway not for now.

CLASSIC WORK!!! DUDES

Cheers

Ashok

Its looking gr88888. :yes:

thnx to AshokJP, Indra, Arun for such good job... :praise:

U guys r doing really amazing job :clap:

Now time for some suggestions:

1.) Same logo as Home Page should be used in Forum also.

2.) The Home page is not displaying in total width, I mean there is some space left in both Left & right side. Why? It should be displayed in Full area.

3.) The links Enter Forum, Register For Free, Members Login, etc should open the relative links in New pages.

4.) Fonts in Members Online should be changed. Its neither looking good and its displaying some extra spaces between first name & last name.

Rest is gr888 -_-

the new look is really wonderfull.

Nice change. Way to go. But I didn't understand one thing. Why to put 2 images pointing to same link? 'Enter Forum' and 'Browse as Guest' point to the same link.

The new home page looks really nice!!! Keep up the good work!!

-_- I must say whaaaaat a homepage, it really look coooool. :clap:

The logo in the homepage is same as the logo in the forum, but with the Reliance IndiaMobile... added at the bottom. The reason it was there was that we needed to accomodate the icons for the Shopping too... so we just tweaked a little bit there. If we do the same in the forum, there would be big space left in the right hand side... which I think will not look good.

But we can use the whole LOGO for the forum too.

I mean U can set left as well right both logos in the forum.

So there will be not big space in right side.

As some days before there was a link to Rimweb shopping, now it can be done using the LOGO as Home page.

Putting the Shopping Link on all the pages of the forum, i believe, wont be a great idea. So it shudn't take up the space of a logo. The present thing is decent enuf. Maybe it can additionally go on the index page of the forum.

But I didn't understand one thing. Why to put 2 images pointing to same link? 'Enter Forum' and 'Browse as Guest' point to the same link.
The idea of putting the Link of "Browse as Guest" is to 'encourage' un-registered visitors at the site to peek into the forum and see wats going on here.

By the way i liked all the designed icons for them and am enjoying the new look. Infact the Webber skin goes more wid the homepage and the flow automatically seems to be there. Maybe Webber could be made as the default forum skin!

It's wonderful Buddy but the width of the central layout could have been increased by 50pixels more to trim down the gray ccolumns on either side of the page when viewed in 800x600 resolution.

38533[/snapback]

The grey background is part of the design itself... and the present width as it is, was for a reason too :confuse::)

38538[/snapback]

I know buddy that's the design :wacko: What I wished it to be a little slimmer. We are loving thin things nowadays... are you from south :quest:

By the way i liked all the designed icons for them and am enjoying the new look. Infact the Webber skin goes more wid the homepage and the flow automatically seems to be there. Maybe Webber could be made as the default forum skin!

Very True!

I also wanted to suggest that...

Pls make it the default skin for our forum.

It'll look gr8... :clap:

Guys i guessed i missed some part..

anyways thnx to all n enjoy...

btw indra has done a damn gud design.. cheers my dear Punbros! :grin:

Keep goin!