Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gurup

Should Reliance Reduce Prices?

k ramchi accepted that point of urs but I still would not care if Osama / Telgi or even Dawood was my ISP / Cell operator as long as he was satisfying my needs....

Also Ramchi, please ensure that consecutive posts are to be made as edits rather than multiple posts... (dont know why exactly ... but one mod had asked me to do that once...)

cheers

Ashok

air tel not offers net throug GPRS on prepaid in andhrapradesh circle.

Tata indiom looting customers with excess bils .

relience is best for mobile net. :clap:

See ... that is dedication (rather forced dedication) to reliance...

that is another point i missed ... most of the other operators do not provide countrywide roaming ... for data calls (internet)

Cheers

Ashok

TCP/IP,

As far as I am concerned even if the service is free I would not go for Osama but I would go for expensive Ambanis ;-)

fyi, I would be happy if Ambanis getting richer than Dawoods!!!!

Get my point?

38976[/snapback]

What I said was not to be taken literally. So you don't make any sense.

Relax people!

Everyone has a opinion and in todays world it mostly differs from that of the others.

So patiently listen to respect each and every opinion. No one is stopping you to have your own!

What I said was not to be taken literally. So you don't make any sense.

39049[/snapback]

I am happy to see both us feel the same way on each other :)

Cheers!!!

i am gettimg 82 kilo bits/ per sec speed on LG 2130 . is the problem with handset or cable? please guide. i am using gray market cable as the original rim cable is very expensive

i am gettimg 82 kilo bits/ per sec speed on LG 2130 . is the problem with handset or cable? please guide. i am using gray market cable as the original rim cable is very expensive

39159[/snapback]

82 kilo bits/sec average is actually good speed for "R-Connect" with LG RD 2130.

For the last couple of days I have been getting around 8-9 KBps. Thats around 64-72 kbps. But usually its in the 130-140 kbps range.

hi Ramchi

I found From BSNL site, 0.10Rs per KB for GPRS;

Any comment regarding this?

Thanks.

Rak

BSNL doesnt have a mobile service that works. I can imagine how good GPRS would be.

10p per kb means that for 1MB you end up paying Rs. 102.4 and for 1GB Rs 1,04,857.60.

Enjoy.

BSNL doesnt have a mobile service that works. I can imagine how good GPRS would be.

10p per kb means that for 1MB you end up paying Rs. 102.4 and for 1GB Rs 1,04,857.60.

Enjoy.

39493[/snapback]

may be they might have specified for kilo bits, i dunno :angry:

For kilo BITS multiply 102.40 into 8 = Rs. 819.2! :angry::P:clap:

But it wont be bits - bits is used to measure speed and bytes to measure volume!

It might be 1p per 10kb though!

Anujit,

I was able to download the entire Windows XP Service Pack 2 thru my GPRS connection, ofcourse, over a 2-3 days time. I have been using my Airtel GPRS for the past one year without getting into major problems. There are performance issues no doubt but I have checked those websites thru my RConnect which was having problems with my Airtel Connection. Same problem exist even with my RConnect as well.

So by opting for Rconnect I was not gaining any significant performance improvement. Even if I get slightly better speed thru Rconnect still I will be paying almost 5-10 times (that of Airtel GPRS) depends on the plan you take.

Not only that, if I avail GPRS facility, I can also surf WAP sites thru my mobile without paying extra charges. I am not sure whether this is true for RWorld. I heard that R World does not allow people to use various sites.

Just imagine, if you can sign-in to Yahoo & MSN Messengers thru your mobile phone. Using GPRS facilities in the roaming areas is perfectly possible without having to pay extra.

All these facilities are available for just Rs 250 in Airtel.

38642[/snapback]

Hi Ramchi,

refer to this page http://www.gsmworld.com/technology/gprs/class.shtml

Usual GPRS class available in todays handsets is class 10 and it cannot go beyond 48Kbps (k bits per sec).

My rconnect goes upto 165 kbps...usually maintains about 70-80 kbps in night...and 30-40 kbps during day.

for GPRS 48kbps is the peek...it will give you the best average of 25-30kbps.

Moreover I do not see any tariff of Rs.250 unlimited internet from Airtel.

Ashok

Mr Ashok,

I have already explained about my GPRS Plan for Rs 250 with a proof (I have attached my Ebill in one of my posts) so I do not wish to elaborate on this further.

Speed – I do agree that GPRS connections may have lesser Kpbs speed than Rconnect. Unfortunately, when I tested a website thru Rconnect (I have also provided the web link which I used for testing both GPRS and RConnect) I did not experience any significant difference in performance both could not play that song in the web link.

As I explained, RConnect speed may vary in different areas.

I get unlimited GPRS connection plus unlimited WAP Connection for Rs 250 a month. When I really do not get adequate performance improvement, I do not think it is wise of me to invest Rs 1500 a month on RConnect. I am not sure whether customers are charged for using RWorld even if you have unlimited RConnect account.

Personally, I think in India Broadband (256 Kpbs) rates must be brought down to Rs 400-500 for unlimited usage. For Mobile phone based internet connections may charge another Rs 100-200 more with unlimited usage and good speed (may be 144 Kpbs).

Edited by Ramchi

if they will allow unlimited download @650

than i have no problem with current RConnect Prices

... but soon i am moving to sify unlimited download speed 64kbps

price Rs500 and Routers is there to increase speed

Mr Ashok,

I have already explained about my GPRS Plan for Rs 250 with a proof (I have attached my Ebill in one of my posts) so I do not wish to elaborate on this further.

Speed – I do agree that GPRS connections may have lesser Kpbs speed than Rconnect. Unfortunately, when I tested a website thru Rconnect (I have also provided the web link which I used for testing both GPRS and RConnect) I did not experience any significant difference in performance both could not play that song in the web link.

As I explained, RConnect speed may vary in different areas.

I get unlimited GPRS connection plus unlimited WAP Connection for Rs 250 a month. When I really do not get adequate performance improvement, I do not think it is wise of me to invest Rs 1500 a month on RConnect. I am not sure whether customers are charged for using RWorld even if you have unlimited RConnect account.

Personally, I think in India Broadband (256 Kpbs) rates must be brought down to Rs 400-500 for unlimited usage. For Mobile phone based internet connections may charge another Rs 100-200 more with unlimited usage and good speed (may be 144 Kpbs).

39986[/snapback]

hi,this is iqbal from mumbai. hey, i too have activated mobile office on my airtel prepaid card and paying Rs 12/- per day...that comes to Rs 360/- permonth including incoming and outgoing calls. i refill a voucher of Rs 600/- everything where in i get a talktime of Rs 444/- and i surf 24 hours on my pc through my gsm phone unlimited and download also absolutely unlimited. so i believe airtel is 100 times better than r-connect. what have you to say on this...... thanks n regards.

Edited by Arun

but soon i am moving to sify unlimited download speed 64kbps

Cracker, there is a daily download limit of 150 MB in this package during the day time. They deduct 1 day for every additional 25 MB that u downloadafter the limit of 150MB.

from 10pm to 8am there is no restriction however. I am

Check here for delhi tarrifs

SifyBroadband tarrifs Delhi

Mr Iqbal,

Thanks for your message. I think you are effectively paying Rs 250 for your GPRS considering the fact that monthly charges for voice usage in prepaid connection is Rs 350.

I have used my prepaid GPRS/WAP connections in roaming areas without having to pay anything additioanl.

This is a cool plan available in Airtel.

Let us hope Rconnect scales down its charges from Rs 1500 to Rs 500 for unlimited usage.

then why are u using reliance at all?

I mean if all services and costs are better in airtel why are u sticking to reliance?

but soon i am moving to sify unlimited download speed 64kbps

Cracker, there is a daily download limit of 150 MB in this package during the day time. They deduct 1 day for every additional 25 MB that u downloadafter the limit of 150MB.

from 10pm to 8am there is no restriction however. I am

Check here for delhi tarrifs

SifyBroadband tarrifs Delhi

40469[/snapback]

dude in Mumbai ==> Vasai they r providing unlimited download @500 Rs no extra tax

You dont get me

I am not alking about tax, I am talking about download limit. And however much they may claim they do not have any truly unlimited plan. 150 MB during daytime is the limit.

And dont forget it is not a dedicated line but a shared line

Check this for Mumbai!

Mumbai Tarrifs

For all Shared packs (Excluding Night Unlimited Shared), if usage exceeds more than 150 MB in a given day, then there will be a reduction in validity of one day for every 25 MB of extra usage in that calendar day.This is applicable only between 8.00am and 10.00pm.Enjoy unlimited access between 10.00pm and 8.00am. NOT FOR CYBERCAFE USE

Unlimited download

They brought broadband in our area with agreement and J.V with local cable wala and they have fix tariff unlimited download (no other tariff 4 home user)

And my friend is using it from last 2 month. He downloaded lots of stuff

From net more of than 3gb

But he got the monthly bill not more than Rs 500

Edited by cracker

Well i gave you the official info.

If you want to learn the hardway its upto you.

I have been using Sify for two years now and at least in Delhi there is no true unlimited though they have claimed it to be unlimited!

Make sure it is unlimited in your area and then get it and ask wehther it is shared or dedicated line in case of shared the speeds will be obviously less!

it is shared line but my friend is getting good speed (officially he is getting 64kbps speed but truth is he is getting 128 kbps)

and they r also providing router with every connection

here they r charging Rs2500 registration fee

Edited by cracker