Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gurup

Should Reliance Reduce Prices?

If you use your Reliance Phone primarily from home, would you say you would like to pay lesser charges?

The fact is Reliance is primarily a Cellular Operator and RConnect is one of their services offered. Whether you require mobility or not is entirely upto you. No matter where you live, you can always opt for a connection that will suit your budget so why use Reliance if you're not happy with their pricing?

You say you don't use regularly, then why do you need unlimited use in the first place?

Ofcourse if they reduce their charges, thats good for all of us. :lol:

Edited by TCP/IP

I just want to make it very clear that there isn’t anyone forcing me to choose any plans , lastly not pathetic Ambanis or his devotees!

Here I was zimply comparing the tariff plans and performance of RConnect and GPRS connections. I am capable of paying Rs 20K for Mobile connection that does not mean I will write a cheque every month to Ambani’s pockets. You may be arrogant but you can’t expect reward for being foolish!

I have indeed accepted the fact that Rconnect “may be” little better in terms of performance though when I tested it out in my machine there was no appreciable speed increase. I do own Nokia 6255 and I have tried it out using Bluetooth connection.

I am using SE Z600 for accessing internet thru Airtel GPRS. I do pay Rs 250 a month as a postpaid customer and infact I would still pay Rs 250 even if I were a prepaid customer.

If Airtel does not offer this plan in your areas or if you experience appreciable difference in performance then you are welcome to enrich Ambani’s pockets, who cares?

post-6046-1124772662_thumb.jpg

I know that curiosity kills the cat but what are the two blue smudges hiding just after GPRS Rental and CLIP @ 25?

yeah what are those editings for ?

I think the biggest reason, why reliance is not reducing R-connect tariffs is that they are simply not targeting the mass market for r-connect (... as against the rim prepaid, where mass market is the prime target with 149 and 199 vouchers).

The reasoning probably is that for using R-connect, you must buy a PC ... atleast 15,000 bucks (don't start shouting HCL's 10,000 ruppee pc ... it has it's lacunae). And even 10,000 is not a small amount for the mass market.

--- So, reliance has it .. if you can spend 15000 (or much more) for buying a PC, u sure have the money to pay good for R-connect.

Unfortunately there is no way to use R-connect without owning a PC ! -- that changes the target market entirely. Hence the pricing, which is not governed by the cost of providing the serivice, but the ability of the customer to pay.

For those people, who are interested in getting a limited-data prepaid R-connect voucher for 200 or so ... it's better to use the local internet cafe for checking emails.

R-connect is for those who can afford to buy a PC ... .and would like to .... well, watch "pondy" at night !!! (baastards).

What about people using Rs 1,00,000 worth of Desktop and 100% of their brain to go for cost-effective service provider (which are plenty) instead of boasting themselves for making Ambanis billionaires?

Edited by Ramchi

People who buy 1 lac rupee pc .. and ah, 100% of their brain ... generally don't waste their time, posting messages on rimweb.

Very likely, a lot of such people may not be aware, what service provider they are using ... it's their staff which takes care. (And the staff ensures, they don't provide their masters a lousy slow-speed dial up .... it would be mostly dedicated corporate lines at T1 speeds)

Ramchi .. if you are using a 100,000 rupee pc and take mobile phones all around the globe, and then talk about Rs. 250 airtel or Rs. 1500 r-connect .... Go get a life.

100% of your brain and more importantly your life, is not worth the cribbing.

bhutes,

I do not wish to repeat what I have said already.

You may like to spend Rs 1500 for internet connection alone, whereas I am interested in spending Rs 250 for internet connection and the remaining Rs 1250 for dining out. Either way both of us spend the same amount but at the end of it how we are spending is important.

I am not debating here instead I am stating what is the tariff rates for different providers; I do not understand what is the big deal about saving money in one and spending it in something else.

Do you sincerely believe Ambanis have the royal rights to rip yourself?

No, they don't have.

But I think ambani's (i.e. reliance) have so far done a very good job with infocomm. Without Infocomm, hutch and airtel would've ****ed us dry.

Entry of Infocomm was easily a game-changer for Indian telecom industry. And despite R-connect .... I don't buy the argument that Infocomm has been ripping the customers.

(The success of infocomm has lied in reliance's ability to manage such a gigantic thing and make the monster work ... .at a fabulous price and in great timelines).

There is even right now, no match for reliance in voice services. But more importantly, it was stick from reliance which brought sense to the GSM operators.

Very well put ... bhutes!

rconnect is a wireless net service.. so it is expected to come at a cost. it is a big boon to people who travel alot. They get decent speeds and can pick from different plans. Atleast now they dont need to be stuck with gprs..

I am talking about RConnect and I think Reliance Voice is on par with other major providers if not worse or better; I know since I use all [Landline, GSM, CDMA, GPRS, RConnect] extensively like many here.

"Entry of Infocomm was easily a game-changer for Indian telecom industry. And despite R-connect .... I don't buy the argument that Infocomm has been ripping ...............There is even right now, no match for reliance in voice services. But more importantly, it was stick from reliance which brought sense to the GSM operators."

There is a flip side. Customers have greater flexibility by choosing GSM as against CDMA. They can change their provider at any time without having to worry about investing on another handset.

Here,I am only talking about Rconnect vs GPRS.

I do certainly feel that the premium attached to Rconnect is not worth for its price considering the fact I can get a reasonably good service[if not better] at 5 times cheaper.

Cheers!

Guys... lots of off-topic stuff and flames going on now :grin: Back to biz dudes! Should reliance reduce prices?? Yes or No ;) ???

reliance should atleast change tariff for FWP as it doesnt provide mobility.

38742[/snapback]

Thats a good point by Amit, atleast the FWP R-Connect prices should go down since the 'mobility' feature doesn't come for FWP.

I am talking about RConnect and I think Reliance Voice is on par with other major providers if not worse or better; I know since I use all [Landline, GSM, CDMA, GPRS, RConnect] extensively like many here.

"Entry of Infocomm was easily a game-changer for Indian telecom industry. And despite R-connect .... I don't buy the argument that Infocomm has been ripping ...............There is even right now, no match for reliance in voice services. But more importantly, it was stick from reliance which brought sense to the GSM operators."

There is a flip side. Customers have greater flexibility by choosing GSM as against CDMA. They can change their provider at any time without having to worry about investing on another handset.

Here,I am only talking about Rconnect vs GPRS. 

I do certainly feel that the premium attached to Rconnect is not worth for its price considering the fact I can get a reasonably good service[if not better] at 5 times cheaper.

Cheers!

38814[/snapback]

How can gprs be considered even reasonably good. Its way slower than dialup. I'd rather than not use the net. Gprs gives 9kbps on a good day. Even when we got dialup for the 1st time in india we would get 14kbps then.

Now that we have had a long discussion about the speeds ... why dont each of us actually run a common benchmark (like bandwidthmeter or some common utility and post the print screens here on each connection that u use ? so we can actually have a real comparision. (I am sure pics speak more than words.)

and well I have tried connection on BSNL, VSNL, MTNL, R-Connect and Airtel GPRS, other than my current cable operator (local operator).

and other than my cable connection ... the only thing that offered a decent speed was R-Connect (and sometimes MTNL).

Mobility ? who offers that ? airtel ? hmmm btw ramchi.. do u remember the song that u wanted us to try out ? well that was a pretty weak benchmark, coz u are trying to play streaming audio (and in this case the streaming was not thro asx / http(m/s) streams but thro data stream on http. so the playback is highly dependent on ur machine config (pre-processing), connection speed, and a lot many other factors.

BTW ... I got a friend from pune to check up the speed on Airtel GPRS, and I tried R-Connect speeds (from my college... ) and well i can assure u that anyday R-Connect is giving better speeds.... and if u travel a lot ... come over to mumbai and gimme a call .. I guess I can invite u over to my college to a cup of coffee and show u almost all the different connections u want to test. (including a ernet 10 MBPS dedicated line).

Now everyone will be happy if reliance reduces its pricing ... but surely not compromising on its reliablity and standards. so the only (really feasible )alternative could be a different tarrif for FWP users, coz they do not actually get the mobility they are being charged for.

Cheers

Ashok

You may be right in saying that changing providers is easy in GSM but any professional person will not want to change his contact number easily. If you think only in terms of money than it is easy to change but for a more professioanl and business point of view changing a contact number can hurt a lot. So changing providers is not easy untill than number portability introduced in India. At least for me.

ashoksoft,

I would be happy to verify the bench mark figures based on your suggestion.

Btw, yesterday mid-night as well I tried to play the same song using RConnect but I could not. I have not taken up any special plans for Rconnect but using 0.25/0.50 a min dial-up connection. I am not sure whether the connection speed for Rconnect changes for different plans.

Solanky,

"So changing providers is not easy untill than number portability introduced in India"

I concur your views. That's why I have supported the One India, Universal Numbering system across India. Please see more discussion on this topic under the following thread:

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=4428&st=15

This has made a hot topic and plz keep soft discussion. we all r giving our suggestions/views, so not should fight each other.

I read all the above post and this is my view.

*) Everybody want Reduce R-connect tarrif coz the economic benefit of them.

*) Reliance speed really better in comparison of Landline / GPRS, but low in comparison of Broadband. Reliance was providing good speed before while the Username was username and password was the password in Login but now the speed really very low in comparison to that time.

*) It's very panic for Single user to pay Rs.1500/- Per Month for unlimited usage.

*) Reliance R-Connect tarrif is high in comparison to others.

My Suggestions for best price this time :-

*) Reliance should reduce the tarrif and classifieds in the following categories.

1) for single user (bandwidth upto 128 Kbps i.e. providing this time Rs.350/-Per Month inclusive of all taxes) . I think this speed is suficient for single user only.

2) for multiple user (bandwidth upto 256 kbps Rs.750/-per month and upto 512 kbps Rs.1500/-per month).

*) If the above plan require on Mobile or Wireless Card then the mobility facility fees should be charged extra Rs.100/-Per Month

*) The speed that the Reliance is providing this time is very low for multiple user and they are not providing any scheme for multiple user. They are providing Reliance Broadband but not available in all cities where the Reliance network is working. Reliance mobile is using by Cyber Cafes, Corporate companies and many other multiple users where not other option they have like broadband etc. so the effect low speed getting by Reliance info consumer and they are paying extra money in compare to other operator of almost same speed.

*) This is not the excuse for 4 time more money should pay for internet on mobile. the charges should be nominal for extra facility.

*) My last view and suggestion is for TRAI. The tarrif (STD, Local, NLD, ISD, Internet, Wap) should be the same of all operator. The charges of extra facility should be extra. and the competition btw the operator should be with their quality and facility they provide.

Now keep ... all ur fingers crossed ... while ... we hope that Ambani reads this !!! prev post

Do you sincerely believe Ambanis have the royal rights to rip yourself?

38790[/snapback]

It looks to me from your posts that you're not hesitant about spending money but hesitant about letting the money go to Ambani Bros. I have no idea what you or others have got against them but it doesn't make any sense. :P Why would anyone care about who makes money and all that. As long as the services are good, I would not mind having Osama Bin Laden as my cellular operator & ISP and wouldn't care about politics. :ph34r:

I have taken up an Airtel connection only for GPRS. I have signed up Rs 100 per month connection [Total Freedom 99] plus Rs 250 for GPRS. Including some voice usage, Service Tax, Clip charges it comes to Rs 450 Per Month

In Airtel, GPRS service is available thru prepaid connections as well for Rs 250 as a separate GPRS Card. I was originally having GPRS thru Prepaid connection. Since I had to pay Rs 330 + 250, I have decided against that.

you know i enquired directly with the airtel shop in my nearby city(in tamilnadu); they said GPRS possible only with postpaid that too with 600Rs rental :clap:

Ramchi how can you help me?!?

Edited by rakashj

Rakesh,

Probably you have run out of luck! I have already signed up unlimited GPRS services for Rs 250 a month thru Airtel. I have attached my recent bill in one of my previous posts. May be Airtel does not provide this plan in your area. Infact, I have used Airtel GPRS connection in both Prepaid and Postpaid for almost one year [6 months in Prepaid and 6 months in Postpaid] for free [They might have missed out to charge me]!!!

Once I was charged for Rs 600 then I immediately disconnected the GPRS connection; next month they came up with new offer of unlimited GPRS for Rs 250 then I changed my plan from Rs 200 to Rs 100 + went for GPRS @ 250 PM.

TCP/IP,

As far as I am concerned even if the service is free I would not go for Osama but I would go for expensive Ambanis ;-)

fyi, I would be happy if Ambanis getting richer than Dawoods!!!!

Get my point?

Edited by Ramchi