Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
linuxguy

Airtel Broadband

I was in one of the offices along the Andheri-Kurla Road, Mumbai yesterday, when an Airtel Marketing guy walked in and was trying to push his Airtel Landline to the owner! Details that i heard --

Its a Landline + Internet Connection.

No security Deposits.

10 mins of ISD free for 1 Number.

100 mins of STD free for 1 National Number

1000 mins of Local Calls free for 1 Local Number :wacko:

Quite a deal... Charges, dont know much!

43755[/snapback]

any othere details about the landline telephone(specially about internet connectivity) would be appriciated

I was in one of the offices along the Andheri-Kurla Road, Mumbai yesterday, when an Airtel Marketing guy walked in and was trying to push his Airtel Landline to the owner! Details that i heard --

No security Deposits.

1000 mins of Local Calls free for 1 Local Number :wacko:

43755[/snapback]

any othere details about the landline telephone(specially about internet connectivity) would be appriciated

43845[/snapback]

I have been using their landline as well as DSL service here is Delhi for over a year now and must say that its error free. The voice quality on the phone is crystal clear and i'm using their 256kbps plan with share ratio 1:2 and i get speed of almost 150-160 kbps in the day and 200+ in the night and most important no service down.

Their billing is always correct.

If u need a new landline/DSL service then u should look no further and subscribe to their service.

Airtel Broadband did not cover UP WEST as far as i know. Some time before i got news that they were planning to launch dot phone till Diwali. But now i think it is not possible.

Regarding Reliance Broadband, they starterd their activities in UP WEST. They created a post named Broadband Executive for each Web World, who will handle the all jobs related to the Broadband.

Thanks and Take Care!

Yes look no further and subscribe to AirTel service, Even I am using their plan Home 999 plus and I have never faced any problem.

i am on a Home 699 - 128kbps plan.. i am satisfied . i get around 50+ kbytes ps continously.. i m planning to migrate to Home999 plan.. 256kbps.. the best part is the phone is zero rental .

not avaliable in mumbai right now ! called up the airtel cc.

Chirag are you sure those guys had a airtel landline scheme??

No security Deposits.

1000 mins of Local Calls free for 1 Local Number :clap:

43755[/snapback]

damn it! can you get me some phone numbers where i can get in touch with these guys? I am really busy right now so I can't get off my sorry arse and visit their lower parel office!

not avaliable in mumbai right now ! called up the airtel cc.

Chirag are you sure those guys had a airtel landline scheme??

43883[/snapback]

very sure. Its not available on call. The marketing execs visit the premises of customers, where their fibre optic lines are ready to use!

chirag, i went to the airtel gallery. they said they do have dsl services in mumbai. they also gave me the address of their lower parel office. they said they dont give any phone numbers cuz its "walkin". bull $$$$ :)

chirag, i went to the airtel gallery. they said they do have dsl services in mumbai. they also gave me the address of their lower parel office. they said they dont give any phone numbers cuz its "walkin". bull $$$$ :)

44061[/snapback]

if true! may be its for enterpirse customers

i am not sure abount other places, but they have been operating in Noida for over 6 months now.

Please provide help line number of airtel for that specific Airtel Phone Service because it may be advertise in NOIDA. So i can found some info from him.

Thanks and Take Care!.

46822[/snapback]

01205312345 for phone services

01205314555 for dsl services

And BTW, I am from Noida.

I am using airtel DSL service. I get 128k unlimited hrs/data for 699 pm. this includes modem rental.

The service is AWESOME.

Till now I only had 6 hrs of downtime one day. THAT'S IT

Their customer care is very good, and problems are resolved within 1 hr.

The only problem I faced was that the guy who came to install the modem didn't know anything. He was just reading off a manual and so I had to do everything myself.

Currently they have a scheme wherein you get to call any one local number for 1000 mins/month free, one std number 100 mins/month and one isd number for 10mins/month.

So considering that I am getting free calls worth roughly 700+ , I think the deal is pretty good.

And guys, trust me about the service, IT IS JUST AWESOME. But, if you are planning to get an airtel connection, be sure to avoid there usb modem B220x like a plague. With this modem I could hardly connect for more than 7 mins. Now with their web distributor II modem I have stayed connected for 5 DAYS w/o disconnections. The B220x is fine if you are using the ethernet mode.

Edited by akg7091

Thanks for this info. I will check that. In my info, this service is also available in Agra but i will check that.

Thanks and Take Care!

I talked abt the same scheme a month back, right? they are offering the same in Mumbai, only in areas where the cabling is done. And they approach u, if its ready. u cant call on them. So hold ur breadth until the whole thing is ready to shoot!

Airtel offers free upgrades

To woo broadband customers in Tamil Nadu, Airtel Broadband and Telephone Services is offering them free upgrade on throughputs as well as usage.

The upgrades, being offered at no additional costs, would be available on select plans, a release here said today.

Customers with Combo 995 plan would get a bandwidth upgrade from 256 kpbs to 512 kpbs with 100 free extra voice pulses, while those with Combo 550 and Flexi 550 were being offered an extra 25 hours of usage.

Users of the Home 64 plan would be upgraded from 64 kpbs to 128 kpbs, and Home 128 plan users would be upgraded from 128 kpbs to 256 kpbs.

hey are these limited plans ???

actually, they are calling them upgrades but they are not really that. till 3 months ago the price of home 64 was 699 and home 128 was 999. now home 64 is discontinued and home 128 costs 699 and home 256 costs 999.

So, they are not limited plans

Hello everybody...

I just wanted to know one thing in this...

People using airtel broadband unlimited plans...

can u plz tell me wat download speeds do u get in 128kbps and 256 kbps speed???

actually, they are calling them upgrades but they are not really that. till 3 months ago the price of home 64 was 699 and home 128 was 999. now home 64 is discontinued and home 128 costs 699 and home 256 costs 999.

So, they are not limited plans

48694[/snapback]

cool unlimted 256k plans! hey i envy u ppl having airtel connection :P

Hello everybody...

I just wanted to know one thing in this...

People using airtel broadband unlimited plans...

can u plz tell me wat download speeds do u get in 128kbps and 256 kbps speed???

48703[/snapback]

never had a airtel connection but what i have heard from this forum is that they are good @ their work where ever they are speeds range from 10 - 16 which is every good considering indian senirio :)

I have been on the home 128 plan for a month now.

My avg speed is 16.7K when downloading files from good servers like tucows etc.

Once, for roughly 10 hrs I got speeds of 64 K ( 512 k).But the next day I had a downtime of a few hrs, so I guess they must have been testing something.

Service is awesome, simply the best.

But be sure to avoid their usb modem.

I also have a connection of 128kbps at 699 p.m .I get speeds of around 128kbps most of the time, sometimes more(around 18 KBps) also while using Bitorrent clients or P2P like Limewire.I had thought this to be a problem with my clients which showed inaccurate download speeds.

But,the suspense was solved when I talked with a Airtel engineer.It seems they release 160kbps per user for people opting for 128k connection.This is to ensure a good quality of service.So,if your house is close to the exchange or a repeater is connected near your house,you are lucky.

Regarding the BX220 it is better to use it in the Ethernet mode for other reasons also.If you use it in the ethernet mode one USB port will be free else a USB port will be engaged.This is definitely relevant for people with 2 ports.

Edited by ronynandy

with a 512kbps connection, my airtel dsl speed varies from 485-520kbps.

NOTE: airtel users can check their speed on speed.touchtelindia.net

As always, make sure there isnt any internet activity before you start the test to get maximum results.