Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Chirag

Best RIM Tariff For you?

Hit this site called http://www.yourbillbuddy.com

Now thats what precisely guys on this Forum, or others require, most urgently! Check it out, and let me hear your views on this thread.

This thread will be used to discuss on developing a tool for analysing n recommending the best tariff plan!

With me, guys? :angry:

Edited by Vishal Gupta

hmm nice concept ... consider my service down for the coding dept! :clap:

Cheers

Ashok

hmm nice concept ... consider my service down for the coding dept! :quest:

Cheers

Ashok

46461[/snapback]

So how do u think we can go abt it? any start up things?

I think we first have to take someone's bills (minimum three bills) and discuss on that. So we can finalize what is basic requirements for this idea. If require i can provide my bills.

Thanks and Take Care!

Well the idea is that, a user must be able to type in his approximate mins of calls to each(RIM/GSM/Landline) operator & for SMS per month. With that the application should respond with the top 3 tariff plans(prepaid & postpaid) which would keep his bill the lowest.

And now all this would need to be circle-wise. Since we have ppl from different circles, they can help us get the tariff plans. To begin with, we can start with common tariff plans and then go ahead with Regional Plans!

To begin with, i feel this is ok. Later there can be more things developed over this?

Ashok and others, any ideas?

Doesn't look rocket science to me .... just put together an excel sheet:

1. Put in all the details (numbers) related to all tariff plans.

2. And simple cell inputs from a user, will do the job.

Addition, subtraction, multipliaction and division ... that's all I think are need to do the job .. with a few if then.

I don't foresee, one needing to evaluate fourier transforms or numerical integration to obtain a monthy bill, from a given usage. :)

Neat! But with dynamic way the tariffs and plans update every 1-2months, by the time we prepare one excel sheet, they would change! So the idea is make a web interface, which is always online and can be updated with the new changes asap.

But, if u r able to place an Excel Sheet in place with that for ur circle, that would be a great thing to see! How abt that?

ME ??? ME, THE LAZY SCUM.

ME, WHO IS ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO COULD TYPE IN MY MESSAGES INTO RIMWEB, WHILE I DICTATE.

ME, WHO IS LOOKING HOPEFULLY DOWN A EMPTY CORRIDOR THAT SOME F*KKER WILL COME OVER AND GET ME TEA.

And you expect me to put together a EXCEL SHEET for you.

Good, Very Good. It's good that you still hope that I'll actually do some useful work in my remaining life.

Honestly, thank you for your unwavering confidence in me.

simple!

get all the tarrif plans in india under one database which is to be updated by us

user enters his location! pref of tech GSM or CDMA! and his monthly usage details!

software analyzes the details and compares it with records! and boooom its done!

hmmm the comlete application can take around 1 - 2 weekz! can be with desktop and with web interface! can be coded in .net!

PS all the help will be needed! am ready to give my full time for the app! seems like a cool idea to me :)

what say :)

I think we first have to take someone's bills (minimum three bills) and discuss on that. So we can finalize what is basic requirements for this idea. If require i can provide my bills.

Thanks and Take Care!

46603[/snapback]

no neeed for billz ! just a complete set of all the bill plans! we can have one group for one operator responsible for all updates of bill plans!

Neat! But with dynamic way the tariffs and plans update every 1-2months, by the time we prepare one excel sheet, they would change! So the idea is make a web interface, which is always online and can be updated with the new changes asap.

But, if u r able to place an Excel Sheet in place with that for ur circle, that would be a great thing to see! How abt that?

46757[/snapback]

for database side i can help developing it

Edited by abhay

Oh yeah ... and when Abhay has made his application .. it's very likely that Baijal (of TRAI) will invite him to Delhi .... and award him with the Special Award for "Extraordinary Services to the Telecom Industry".

Relax ... it's not worth the 3.97 users who will actually use it, before the application (1) collapses, or (2) becomes outdates.

If it's not NECESSARY to do something ... It's NECESSARY that it MUST NOT be done.

Though, I could offer you a half-an-hour long date, at a schedule of my conveniece .... if you do succeed in building that App. :)

i dont know ! where are u trying to get @

Though, I could offer you a half-an-hour long date, at a schedule of my conveniece .... if you do succeed in building that App. :)

i never said it could be developed alone :)

PS :- and i do think its a kool idea to have the kind of applicaion that chirag sujj

Edited by abhay

ah well,

first thing that comes to mind while developing a web interface with databases.... ASP.

I'll put in my 5 cents.

wats a better interface? .net or asp?

Lets limit as of now to RIM only. Getting the tariff plans of each circle shudn't be that big a hassle.

And i can take responsibility of entering the db(tariff plans) as soon as it changes.

let me chip in my efforts ... except for the fact that I am in my office most of the time ... and away from my beloved comp / lappy ... so will still work on it ! lets see ...

Fields needed to compute predictive best plan :

User's expected minutes of :

Local calls to landlines

Local calls to CDMA/WLL's

Local calls to GSM

Local Calls to RELIANCE MOBILES

STD to Mobiles

STD to Reliance

ISD calls

Internet usage

R-World Usage

On-net SMS

Off-Net local SMS

Off-Net National SMS

Computing the bill would not be too tough will it?

I guess a VB application can do the thingy in about 1 hour of code~!

with an update feature to update the offline Database whenever there is a new plan / change to existing plan

Cheers

Ashok

vb seems good ashoksoft! but no web interface with it!

lets meet up and decide :P

i can help in database + developing

with foll languages

SQl

VB

JAVA

JAVASCRIPT

HTML

ASP.NET -- > most prefered

C# --> most prefered

whateva suits u ppl

ah well,

first thing that comes to mind while developing a web interface with  databases.... ASP.

I'll put in my 5 cents.

46795[/snapback]

Nah! PHP Rocks! :(

Yes, I love PHP-MySQL combination too ! Though all depends on the availablility of a coder !

Its great to see that We are trying to develop a real life program in which we will try to help RIMWEBians to find Best and Cheapest Tariff Plan. But i have one confusion in my mind. How can a person or individual describe its local or std call details ( to GSM, to CDMA, To Fixed Phone, To reliance etc.). It is very difficult to someone to find these details in Minutes and also so accurate and seperately.

I am not against this idea, But want discussion in this regard whether it is possible or not. So i propose the idea of bill information, which is also used by the WEB, described by the Chirag.

More Comments are invited.

Thanks and Take Care!

What we need is an approximate/rough usage time calculation time from the user, and yes, it is a bit difficult for an user to calculate his expected monthly usage time. But I guess there is no other way to recommend the best tariff for an user without getting an approximate usage from him/her.

Best way would be to analyse the past bills, and calculate the average usage in minutes. If E-bills are available, code can be developed to extract the relevent data from e-files. If itemized bills are available, data can be used to take advantage of on-net plans.

What we need is data extracter from pdf files, in case of non-availability of bills, a user can be asked to input the relevent minutes. In the second case, best plan advisor can easily be made in an excel file.

erm...rather than asking the user how much time he will spend on the phone, he should be asked to categorise his use. Alternative we can provide a facility to enter minutes...

Guys ... lets put it this way ... we organize another meet sometime by DEC, and decide on whatz the best plan of action (in the mean time) I am making a prototype.... lets see what the outcome will be ...

Cheers

Ashok

PS : Arun and Rajan, u might get a few buggy offliners on sat / sunday!

Puneet, extracting data from the PDF bill can be done in the next version of this application as it would require more advanced coding. For a start, we can get the approximate usage time input from the user.