Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Chirag

Best RIM Tariff For you?

I agree. Ashok, keep me posted over this too.

I have already done it for myself in an Excel spreadsheet.

But creating a web based platform/portal which can automatically select different tarrifs from different providers [content management or XML Webservices] and analyze our usage factor then coming up with a suitable plan, would be a way to go. Definitely a great business model can be developed considering the fact Indian tarrifs are so complex and often misleading.

If you look at my bills I use 300 STD calls and 50 local calls thru my RIM. I am using Joy499. This is the most optimal plan with mobility factor also attached. Even a land-line for me would have been an expensive one. I tested usage patter for the past several months it is always around this figure.

I am not sure if I can attach my spread sheet here.

Edited by Ramchi

RIMweb.in Plan Advisor v0.1.1.1

Requires IE 5.01 and higher and MS Office 2003 Web components.

Shortcomings: Limited only to National Post paid plans, and does not considers Unlimited talktime pack.

Best way would be to analyse the past bills, and calculate the average usage in minutes. If E-bills are available, code can be developed to extract the relevent data from e-files. If itemized bills are available, data can be used to take advantage of on-net plans.

What we need is data extracter from pdf files, in case of non-availability of bills, a user can be asked to input the relevent minutes. In the second case, best plan advisor can easily be made in an excel file.

47068[/snapback]

Puneet, extracting data from the PDF bill can be done in the next version of this application as it would require more advanced coding. For a start, we can get the approximate usage time input from the user.

47201[/snapback]

i can help in for PDF extraction using COM! this was the reason i requested for ADOBBE acrobat SDK in EBOOKS Thread! i already have the SDK ! will try to understand it as soon as possible

Guys ... lets put it this way ... we organize another meet sometime by DEC, and decide on whatz the  best plan of action (in the mean time) I am making a prototype.... lets see what the outcome will be ...

Cheers

Ashok

PS : Arun and Rajan, u might get a few buggy offliners on sat / sunday!

47093[/snapback]

trur we should actully meet up in DEC and seriously PLAN ABOUT IT

RIMweb.in Plan Advisor  v0.1.1.1

Shortcomings: Limited only to National Post paid plans, and does not considers Unlimited talktime pack.

47296[/snapback]

Thats neat Excel work there, Puneet ! ;)

Puneet, I entered the values, And the Plan suggested is FALSE. What does that mean?

To use this Web page interactively, you must have Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later and the Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components.

This is what I got.

Ie version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158.

Thats i guess, the latest one. Even i have the same.

Puneet, for values more than '598' minutes, it is showing as "False". Is it a limit set by you ?

RIMweb.in Plan Advisor  v0.1.1.1

When making web apps PLEASE try to remember that:

1. Not everyone uses Windows XP with SP2

2. Not everyone has MS Office Web components installed

3. And lastly, NOT everyone uses Windoze and crappy, holey Internet Exploder! Some people out there, viz. me and more fools like me, use GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS and other operating systems which aren't supported by your web app.

;)

give us a lil time sir... I am making something right away! check out the post a little later

Cheers

Ashok

1. Not everyone uses Windows XP with SP2

2. Not everyone has MS Office Web components installed

3. And lastly, NOT everyone uses Windoze and crappy, holey Internet Exploder! Some people out there, viz. me and more fools like me, use GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS and other operating systems which aren't supported by your web app.

47326[/snapback]

Web-coders surely know all such things! What Puneet came up with, was a quick initial idea of the Idea that many proposed. So taking it to more levels will take sometime. Before u can burp, have some patience!

@Chirag, Arun: That's because the best plan for your usage is with Unlimited Talktime Pack, and though I have included the cost calculations, I could not include it in the final advisory for lack of time. Will update it today.

@linuxguy:I understand your problem, I too run linux (gentoo) exclusively on my desktop. The current plan advisor is just a stop gap arrangement till ashok comes up with a full-featured web application. Notice the version number 0.1.1.1 :D indicates its a premature application. Anyway, if you would like I can send you the excel file which should open fine in OpenOffice.org

I had made an excel file long back, in the initial days of Reliance, which basically compared DAPO with various plans of other operators at that time. Helped a plenty of my friends to migrate to Reliance.

Initially I had planned to put the excel file here, but then thought of experimenting with the web features of excel and came out with the plan advisor v0.1.1.1

From a user's point of view, he would like to know more than jus the Best Tariff Plan. He would like to a know a bit more abt the plan and what his bill would approx be with this plan and a comparison with a couple of more plans, and how ur application selected this plan as the best one. This imbibes more confidence in the user!

Coding this app in PHP or ASP or ASP.NET is easy. We should setup a mailing list or a dedicated forum or atleast a dedicated thread for this project (which we already have).

Coding this app in PHP or ASP or ASP.NET is easy. We should setup a mailing list or a dedicated forum or atleast a dedicated thread for this project (which we already have).

47408[/snapback]

u 4got JSP :)

hey mates ... could not really meet up with the sunday deadline I had kept to finish the project due to some issues here..... was designing some web site etc....

but it will be out soon ... btw if any ASP / PHP coder is out there .. who can devote a lil time ... I can spare my current design over, and u could develop it further. .. team effort mates!

cheers

Ashok

anybody else ? I guess we are not a small team of 10 ... but a HUGE TEAM spread nationwide.. comeon guys .. this is not a tough task

Cheers

Ashok

anybody else ? I guess we are not a small team of 10 ... but a HUGE TEAM spread nationwide.. comeon guys .. this is not a tough task

Cheers

Ashok

47690[/snapback]

in :thumb:

Can we now, expect something on this front?

common guys!! wtf show some intrest

StaticElectricity + linux its already new yr i support ur exams and ur helth would b fine by now (respectively :P ) :D

common

app is not easy to devp on my own otherwise i would have to helped chirag alone! we need some more participation! really cool idea by chirag though

Edited by abhay