Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pguy

Best Mobile Fone For Rconnect ?

Hello Guys,

I want to pick up a mobile fone for rconnect and a cable so that I can use it with my laptop. Any recommendations based on speeds/reliability/pricing ?

I will be a prolific user and spending a lot of time on the laptop and therefore need a rock solid high speed connection.

Thanks for the help folks

Think about a Sierra Data Card .... better speeds mate

Cheers

Ashok

maaaaan.. I wanted to go for a RIL sierra card. But it wont be available until Dec end. An RIL guy called up and told me that and thats why this thread!

Have you guys any experience with the other cards and their coverage ?

Umm use a phone. Costs 2k. I've used the Samsung 191 & 563. Both worked great. The 6255 works great too but with the cable only.

Umm use a phone. Costs 2k. I've used the Samsung 191 & 563. Both worked great. The 6255 works great too but with the cable only.

47798[/snapback]

But for wireless internet card is best option for laptop. Mobile battery will come with u for 1 hr only. If you are like me (surfing 20 hours a day ) then u need card. It cost 9900 I'm waiting for LG Card lets see when it will come. :)

Who said that mobile batteries run for just a hour ???

I use a LG 2130 RConnect (Phone-cable-laptop) connection and my phone rocks on for a minimum of 3 hrs atleast, b4 getting me to feed him electricity....

So mobile battery definitely lasts longer than 3 hrs.....

Guess RIM should introduce mobile charging through laptop USB so that RConnect can run even longer....

Who said that mobile batteries run for just a hour ???

I use a LG 2130 RConnect (Phone-cable-laptop) connection and my phone rocks on for a minimum of 3 hrs atleast, b4 getting me to feed him electricity....

So mobile battery definitely lasts longer than 3 hrs.....

Guess RIM should introduce mobile charging through laptop USB so that RConnect can run even longer....

47801[/snapback]

RIM has got nothing to do with charging of mobiles thru' usb.

Samsung phones (RIM) already have this feature, they get charged thru usb datacable. So if you use Samsung for r-connect, your phone won't die-out midway.

Samsung SCH 191 is better than LG RD 2030 for R-Connect. And regarding battery life, there are USB cables which can charge your handset when you are using R-Connect.

I am using Rconnect thru 6255 without Cable and thru Bluetooth connection. The speed is not great but better than GPRS.

Ramchi:

The 6255 speed is fine. If you're getting slower speeds I doubt if your phone is to blame for it. The only problem with the 6255 is that the BT connection fails. Alot!

Deadman:

All phones with USB connections charge the phones while you're online so its a much better option. The LG phones just **** from stupid design. And considering the price difference - Rs. 10,000 and you'll be getting a phone as well as a modem, where as with a data card you're just getting a modem! The phone is obviously a much much much better option.

Is anybody using LG 5130 for R-connect? If so, howz that ?

Plus, what is the approx. cost of the cable to connect LG 5130 to Laptop.

Deadman:

All phones with USB connections charge the phones while you're online so its a much better option. The LG phones just **** from stupid design. And considering the price difference - Rs. 10,000 and you'll be getting a phone as well as a modem, where as with a data card you're just getting a modem! The phone is obviously a much much much better option.

47829[/snapback]

So what u say? should I cancel buying Rconnect card and keep my old LG 2030 for Rconnect? I'm using serial cable. I think I have to buy USB Cable for it? :unsure:

And considering the price difference - Rs. 10,000 and you'll be getting a phone as well as a modem, where as with a data card you're just getting a modem! The phone is obviously a much much much better option.

47829[/snapback]

I've heard that we can make calls and sms via the RConnect Card, cant we? It does work like a phone via the laptop. In that case, its quite good. Especially if the card is going to be used for many many hours, over the laptop, primarily for RConnect. and u also get the unlimited plan over the Card! So that shud be advantageous!

I am using Rconnect thru 6255 without Cable and thru Bluetooth connection. The speed is not great but better than GPRS.

47819[/snapback]

Thats cool :unsure: cable make me sick... without cable it will b good. Is there any Bluetooth phone in RIM (Other then 6255)

And considering the price difference - Rs. 10,000 and you'll be getting a phone as well as a modem, where as with a data card you're just getting a modem! The phone is obviously a much much much better option.

47829[/snapback]

I've heard that we can make calls and sms via the RConnect Card, cant we? It does work like a phone via the laptop. In that case, its quite good. Especially if the card is going to be used for many many hours, over the laptop, primarily for RConnect. and u also get the unlimited plan over the Card! So that shud be advantageous!

47858[/snapback]

Even I'm already in Unlimited plan since it started :unsure: But I was planning for Rconnect card bcoz my LG 2030 come only for 1 hr while using Internet. If some other automatically charge then it will be good option then buying 9500 card. :unsure:

If u are a hard user of Internet, i.e. use internet without stopping than Data Card is best buy for u. U can also make and receive call and send and receive SMS also using your data card (NO Problem). But it must connected with ur lappy or pc. But if u use internet at different time interval but not so long then Phone is better option than Data Card. But at speed there is no much difference between them. And Chirag! u are right for a high user the data card is best. Because Data plan is most suitable for him.

Thanks and Take Care!

If u are a hard user of Internet, i.e. use internet without stopping than Data Card is best buy for u. U can also make and receive call and send and receive SMS also using your data card (NO Problem). But it must connected with ur lappy or pc. But if u use internet at different time interval but not so long then Phone is better option than Data Card. But at speed there is no much difference between them. And Chirag! u are right for a high user the data card is best. Because Data plan is most suitable for him.

Thanks and Take Care!

47862[/snapback]

Is there any option if I want to give up my data card ? will I get at least 5k for that card from reliance? :unsure:

Deadman!

As u purchase something from a company, the thing is called second hand. No one can describe the possible rate of a second hand device. It may possible or may not be. It depends on many cirumstances.

Thanks and Take Care!

i agree with Rajan, second hand gadgets dont have a fixed price, just sell it for the best price u get at that time. Dont ever compare it with the cost price.

Heard (rumors) that samsung is giving good speeds without any real tweaks.

but with the tweak on a 6130, I guess that is the best u can squeeze out of rim

Cheers

Ashok

I also here from several members from RIMWEB. If i thinked liked him, we can put Samsung B&W Handsets number 1, NOKIA 2112 at number to 2 and LG's other Handsets at number 3.

Thanks and Take Care!

I have got samsung N191 it connects at 230.4 kbps whereas my old lg 2030 connected at 115kbps so you can say samsung is a better choice i think other samsungs also connect with the same speed

and samsung n191 is probably still available in the market, atleast in mumbai.