Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
supernova

Bulk Sms Via Reliance Phone Attached To Pc

is there any way from which i can send bulk sms via reliance phone attached to pc and numbers taken from microsoft excel workbook.... this may not be free , but can do bulk sms

Discussed a trillion times ... under different titles ... cant u please read and then post... moreover please post in the right locations...

cheers

Ashok

Discussed a trillion times ... under different titles ... cant u please read and then post... moreover please post in the right locations...

cheers

Ashok

i am a new comer , i dont know abt this..........if u know then pl. tell how to bulk sms via reliance mobile attached to pc and data taken from microsoft excel..

Edited by supernova

i am looking for a software from which i can connect my reliance phone to pc and send bulk sms from excel or other application to reliance custmores in india via my attached reliance phone.

basically i can invest one time in such software n ready to bear sms cost which reliance will charge in my phone bill.

can u help me out ?

then on which set is this possible

why dont you consider BSNL SMS services?

BSNL SMS service (from their portal or thru POP3 email) hasnt been working for me since about Diwali. Complaining to BSNL ...less said the better. It it working for anyone???

then on which set is this possible

Heard somewhere on the forum only on nokia sets its possible with nokia phone manager... just do a search... M sure about lg sets cant do with a 6000 atleast

can anyone confirm if we can send bulk sms through Nokia phones ?

has anyone tried it ?

if it is possible then the 'Marathon SMS pack' worth Rs 180 allows 18,000 short messages to be sent over six months , will be the best option to send sms ...

?

The ONLY workaround ...

All CDMA handsets which have been officially launched in india thro RIM do not support AT commands to send messages (else I would have sent a message per 6 secs). So what can be done ...

Step 1:

I am not sure of the model number ... it is the Nokia handset launched by Tata indicom in the Hum-Tum Offer... get that handset.

Step 2:

Reflash it to support RUIM (Rh-17) bin.

Step 3:

Put a reliance RUIM...

Step 4:

Get a Dku serial cable .. for nokia ...

Step 5:

Now u can send messages thro AT commands / using PC Sync (though most of the versions just showed the SMS option disabled... one version did work --....

This is the only way I could succeed in sending messages from PC. other than this (except using a sierra card... I could not find a way), yeah I did make an encoder sometime back to encode SMS for LGRD2030 (mainly to encode SCKL codes for my friends handsets...)

Cheers

Ashok

i am looking for a software from which i can connect my reliance phone to pc and send bulk sms from excel or other application to reliance custmores in india via my attached reliance phone.

basically i can invest one time in such software n ready to bear sms cost which reliance will charge in my phone bill.

can u help me out ?

If you are ready to invest onetime, then Sierra card, (thank Ashoksoft for this suggestion) could be a viable option for you. But, ofcourse you need a laptop for running the card.

not exactly ... u can even run the Sierra card on a normal PC using a PCI-PCIMCA Adapter ... like this one

fppm48501sb01box6du.jpg

fppm48501sb01soft1fb.jpg

fppm48501sb01unit7jv.jpg

Cheers

Ashok

Using sierra card you can send only sms to 8 users max. at a time.

can anyone confirm if we can send bulk sms through Nokia phones ?

has anyone tried it ?

if it is possible then the 'Marathon SMS pack' worth Rs 180 allows 18,000 short messages to be sent over six months , will be the best option to send sms ...

?

Ya, you can send bulk messages through Nokia Phones by connecting them to pc using data cable and Nokia PC Suite software. But Nokia PC Suite does not works for my Nokia 2280. It works for my Nokia 6020. But it is a really simple affair sending smses from pc through my Nokia 6020 (Airtel). Just type in the message, and it will break it into bits of 160 characters ( normal size of an sms). And if it exceedes the limit, the remaining part of the message goes as a second message.

Ashok, if you still remember the SCKL ringtones thing :D , i am able to send SCKL ringtones this way to the Reliance Nokia phones. And it works. The only difference is that, now it gets charged :P

comes at about 1500 bucks (and cheaper) ... I got one for about 450 on ebay sometime back... it was from seller from delhi.

Cheers

Ashok

I wonder that without knowing implementation of SMS in CDMA one can ever send SMS using PC. I am makingthis statement because of my following experiment. (I wanted to know exactly wat happens)

1. I did hard rest of my nokia phone (2280), means all Operator specific data, user data, SPC, A-KEY etc got resetted.

2. Then insted of uploading PRI file, I just manually programmed NAM of phone. This is to ensure that I do not program SMSC on phone.

3. I uploaded tuning parameters to phone (This is must to get network)

After doing all this I am sure that I did not programmed phone for SMSC or any other SMS related program data.

Still after getting on to network, I can send SMS sucessfully.

Any body knows any thing useful for this behavour of handset?

Holy damn freaking true... and that is precisely why we were wondering if there was an AT wrapper mode .... blocking specific calls. now it gets more clear... kewl experiment kshah..

cheers

btw ... how did u upload PRI *I think PRL right ? using diego ? or something else ?

Cheers

Ashok

both PRI and PRL can be uploaded using Diego and TUN with Phoenix. Ofcourse I did not upload PRI.

so......we are in a jungle of Techies......

can anybody guide me regarding the terminologies like PRI, PRL, NAM etc ? (i've already gone thru the various posts but it let me access by RD2030 successfully thru Bitpim as well as QPST.)

is there any newbie guide/link/book ?

tia.

even for Nokia 6235 Nokia PC suite sms application does not work.