Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
reply2manish

Has RIM Started Accepting Non Reliance Handset

Hi,

From were did u got this information ???

I mean which forums ????

Edited by kalyan_prince

please ashok bhai and chirag bhai and arun bhai....Khoj chaalu karne ka(please find more about this)

i dont think this is so! not sure but the handsets needs to be registred on reliance servers for them to get identified on reliance network

conform this some1

Edited by abhay

Abhay:

Its not very difficult actually. For RUIM handsets all you have to do is insert the chip like a GSM mobile.

For other handsets all you have to do is program in the basics like ESN, RSN etc and configure it using OTP (over the air programming)! I know it can be done because RIM had OTP'd my Samsung N191 once shortly after launch! They called me on my landline and asked me to dial *228 and press a whole buch of codes. And then my screen said "Programming in Progress" and finally "programming successful"! (And no junk mail readers this wasnt a fraud so chill!)! :)

Whether they will actually allow it is of course a whole new story! Considering that must be getting hefty commissions from the phone manufacturers!

Edited by anujit

i asked all local reliance fratermity , but no one said this is possible ..........

I dont think it is possible as Reliance has to put some software in the mobiles to make them work and anujit i dont think it is just esn and Min but they have to change spc code also and Rel wont be doing it they will tell you to tell the mobile co to do the changes and all this will take a long time

No thats what I'm saying Shabz they can

BSNL/MTNL do it for their services. Or did at any rate. Its really not a very hard thing to do. Of course it has to be done by the tech people at the shop. And most of the configuration, once you can dial up RIM's *228 can be done OTA.

its possible provided provider wants, SPC, MIN, certain part of software is possible with OTAP. Even registering ESN is possible but no service provider in world is allowing, in US you have to call their customer care to register ESN , then they give you instructions to change channels etc, and dial activation. It is only RIM where ESN is hidden, infact if they claim that they are following international rules and standards then ESN / MSN must be there on Mobile station.

guys here is the link of the thread of that forum hope mods dont delete it http://mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19634

Where? I don't see anywhere written over there that remotely suggests, that Reliance has started accepting Non reliance handsets. It only says Tata can accept RIM handsets, and not vice versa.

guys here is the link of the thread of that forum hope mods dont delete it http://mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19634

Where? I don't see anywhere written over there that remotely suggests, that Reliance has started accepting Non reliance handsets. It only says Tata can accept RIM handsets, and not vice versa.

Reliance activates only phones whose esn is registered in their database,whereas tata accepts all nokia phones.Speak to reliance customer care or visit a reliance web world to have your esn registered with reliance as they have now started accepting open market handsets.

Its clearly mentioned.......

Reliance activates only phones whose esn is registered in their database,whereas tata accepts all nokia phones.Speak to reliance customer care or visit a reliance web world to have your esn registered with reliance as they have now started accepting open market handsets.

Its clearly mentioned.......

It's clearly mentioned but who has mentioned it?...its not an Official anouncement by reliance guys.

So don't believe anything before confirming the authenticity of the information.

Amtrag if you have read my thread properly i have written that I read it it in a forum and have given the link of the same. I have not sd that its sum reliance guy hu have told me or sumthing.

And also i m not telling any1 its possible i am asking if its possible or not.

Please read the thread carefully b4 you post your reply.

Edited by reply2manish

guys lets come to point .....is reliance accepting non reliance sets or not ??? i again contacted reliance people . they say sorry , not accepting

Manish:

That wasn't an "annoucement" it was another guys posting and obviously an incorrect one.

This s**ks big time. Why doesnt RIM accept outside phones? I mean if MTNL Garuda can accept then why shouldn't RIM lest it wants to cripple all the good handsets!

That just meant you can buy reliance phones from shops other than webworld. It does not mean you can use use non reliance. When you've got your answer directly from Reliance saying No, why waste time looking furthur for answers from somebody else?

That just meant you can buy reliance phones from shops other than webworld. It does not mean you can use use non reliance. When you've got your answer directly from Reliance saying No, why waste time looking furthur for answers from somebody else?

Officialy reliance will never announce it..

Why dont we try it out.. Or if some one has tried share the exp...

I think its possible... and people who can do some R and D .. should give a try..

I guess someone in the forum (yeah the chap with the LG VX6000) knows what we did, kshah and arun might also have a fair idea about the process...

but unfortunately since the Registered ESN's are a limited resource, we will have to update the ESN's on the "imported" handsets also...

Guess what ... that precisely falls under the hot list of cloning, which is not discussed here ;)

Cheers

Ashok

I guess someone in the forum (yeah the chap with the LG VX6000) knows what we did, kshah and arun might also have a fair idea about the process...

but unfortunately since the Registered ESN's are a limited resource, we will have to update the ESN's on the "imported" handsets also...

Guess what ... that precisely falls under the hot list of cloning, which is not discussed here :(

Cheers

Ashok

Err.. let me add some fuel to this speculative fire...

Short Answer ... Yes... Long answer ... Diff..

U need cables, bin files and the network info also..

But then your phone ESN/IME HAS to be entered in the network DB for the HLR to recognise the device ..

But I am sure more certain that any more techie stuff would come under the purview of illegality...

FYI, Some junta at Reliance still using TREO650 made for Sprint! Go Play!

Jumpo!!! bang on target!

I just fiddled around with one of 3 Australia's CDMA handsets (and yeah... if unlocked (ESN change is as good) update the SID/NAM kaboom u are on it!

btw only faced issues on SMS groups... no guess why that does not work, when essentially multiple sms is the same sms being sent many times, changing the recepient!

Cheers

Ashok

Jumpo!!! bang on target!

I just fiddled around with one of 3 Australia's CDMA handsets (and yeah... if unlocked (ESN change is as good) update the SID/NAM kaboom u are on it!

btw only faced issues on SMS groups... no guess why that does not work, when essentially multiple sms is the same sms being sent many times, changing the recepient!

Cheers

Ashok

can i convert reliance to tata?i have recently bought nokia 6235

plz help

abhishek

abhishek1711@hotmail.com

Jumpo!!! bang on target!

Cheers

Ashok

can i convert reliance to tata?i have recently bought nokia 6235

plz help

abhishek

abhishek1711@hotmail.com

Flash it with RUIM flash, buy RUIM / TSIM as called by Indicom and you are done.

Ashok, if its Nokia, look in to settings using Diego, if not, use appropriate PST to see the diff. U can send SMS means there is no message centre issue (otherwise also its not there in CDMA) It must be some system settings.

Edited by kshah

Flash it with RUIM flash, buy RUIM / TSIM as called by Indicom and you are done.

Ashok, if its Nokia, look in to settings using Diego, if not, use appropriate PST to see the diff. U can send SMS means there is no message centre issue (otherwise also its not there in CDMA) It must be some system settings.

hiii thnks for the reply....well im a complete stranger to techi stuff.could u pm me from whr to find this ruim flash and how to flash it on my nokia 6235?

besides i just checked -the cell doesnt seem to have any sim slot....does it?

also tata gives t-sim?i thought its like reliance-pre programmed and no sim.

thnks

abhishek1711@hotmail.com

Edited by Chirag