Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sajokj

All About Lg 6230 - Neat !

Hello to all

I like to buy LG 6230 for MP3, R connect

Shall I use the ebay selling datacables to connect.

also Shall I use it for Pc Syncornise like sending SMS, adding Phone entry, moving mp3

Is reliance gave these accessrios with Pack?

Please guide me

Mathavan

Hi All,

I have a 6230 with me since 24th Jan.'06.

My 6230 has signal sensitivity problems due to which there are frequent call drops and SMS "Not Sent" errors. This apart, the voice clarity was also bad - both i/c and o/g.

Has anyone else encountered these problems? The Network Engineer who came to visit me has informed me that there are at least six such complaints in Chennai itself for this model.

Reliance and LG replaced this 6230 with another 6230 on 1st May 2006.

Now this new handset also has developed the same set of problems described above. On complaint with LG and Reliance, they have offered to give replacement with any other LG handset of my choice.

Now begins my problems: -

1. no other single LG h/s has MP3, Voice, Video camera etc.

2. LMS also is not available. SMS on call reject also not available.

3. no external memory available in other h/s.

So what should I do?

I have been given time till 5PM today to exercise my choice. I asked them for a couple of days time, hopefully I can make them wait.

Can anyone please help me urgently with a h/s choice? Should I wait for newer handsets like 6330, 6500 etc?

Thanks in advance.

Note for admins, please move this post to the correct topic, if necessary.

Dear Friends,

This is my first post on the forum but have been taking regular tips from all experienced members post & thats the reason I just got myself LG-6230 instead of 6235 @ Rs.8600(With 512 Mb miniSD card) & would like to convey my heart felt thanks to all those members who have guided to purchase this mobile. Its a beauty with miniSD. Once again thanks to all the members.

Hai Friends,

Check out this DOC :grin: Seems Useful to RD 6230 Users :blink::)

Bye, Take Care

My 6230 has signal sensitivity problems due to which there are frequent call drops and SMS "Not Sent" errors. This apart, the voice clarity was also bad - both i/c and o/g.

i am also facing these problems. i contacted lgservice centre . they told that this is software problem and they changed the software. but now also i am facing this. please tell me the exact procedure . did you directly to lg or reliance?

Hi

I just got a LG RD 6230, I feel the picture quality and video suits the size of such mobile available in the market. After all we cant expect a DVD quality motion video and 5.0 Megapixel picture quality from a mobile. One has to use their Handycam / Good quality digital camera.

One cannot carry their bulky handycam and digital camera with them all the time. For such times LG 6230 can come in handy and its always fun to use it at leisure. One can share their photos via email straight from the location.

I feel IPOD is lot better than any mobile with juke box or FM radio. .....I dont know aboout Sony ericsson, but IPOD sound quality and large color display are the best and it stores upto 60 GB video, audio and images and it slimmer than LG 6230 :confuse: . Ofcourse IPOD too has its own limitations, it plays only mps and only ipod movie files.

Here LG RD 6230 plays mpj format only. You can play that with VIDEO LAN player on your system available from www.videolan.org.

But I have not found a suitable movie converter to and fro from mpj . If anybody knows a excellent mpj converter plz mail me at praveen252@gmail.com

Cheers :grin:

Hey check out Sony walkman phones b4 u think of getting reliance lg or nokia. Sony is far more superior than lg and sony reliance mobiles.

Ofcourse sony mobiles are not CDMA.

But those who have a look at the features of Sony type mobiles feel that LG 6230 is a decade old model for sure....

I now repent getting LG CDMA 6230 ....but will on to it for few years b4 changing the handset :angry:

Hey check out Sony walkman phones b4 u think of getting reliance lg or nokia. Sony is far more superior than lg and sony reliance mobiles.

Ofcourse sony mobiles are not CDMA.

But those who have a look at the features of Sony type mobiles feel that LG 6230 is a decade old model for sure....

I now repent getting LG CDMA 6230 ....but will on to it for few years b4 changing the handset :(

Boss sony is class apart!!! I m a true sony fan!

Cheers!!

DRAWBACKS OF LG RD 6230

LG 6230 lacks better picture quality photos,

NO ADJUSTMENT to contrast, no night mode, zoom 4x is very lousy....picture quality looses with zoom dramatically....zoom function is the most useless..& no picture editor

zoom function does not function when you are taking post card size photographs....you can take only post card size photographs with this mobile. You cant even take pictures of your monitor size...

Other world class mobiles offer to give a photo of atleast 1632 x 1224, but this mobile higher up is only 640 x 480

lacks larger color display, the screen is so small, you dont feel at ease with it.......Even NOkia CDMA have better size display panel..

has stereo quality SOUND but no bass

Supports only mp3 ...dores not support wmv. aac, real audio ......etc :help:

video is the worst and very poor quality...even the video file mjp format cannot be played with any media player. No player on your PC can play their video format.... :(

It calls itself a jukebox............but no FM RADIO.

They call it a JUKE BOX without providing any SD card. As if they sell 200 Rs data cable at 1400 Rs. They might even sell 1200 Rs mini Sd card for 4,000 Rs...if you insist them on providing them one...

LG & Reliance expects you to but the data cable seperatly, they dont give that with mobile....and they charge 1400 Rs for that, while it sells for 150 - 200 outside.... :angry: So much for their sincerity and world class organisation

YOU CANT SURF ON THE LG 6230 MOBILE...............NOT EVEN WAP SITES , doesnt have a fully functional internet browser at all.... :lol:

i fully agree with praveen252. well documented flaws of 6230. To that list,I should add my problems also.

There is signal sensitivity problem in 6230. That is, when you make or receive calls, the signals are poor or drop and hence your voice clarity becomes poor and sometimes, the calls drop and you have to redial again and waste money.

LG has acknowledged this flaw and even offered to give me RD6500 or any other LG mobile as replacement. I have still not made up my mind on this because I have invested on the miniSd card and also data cables and these are of no use in 6500.

more on this is available in the following topic: -

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=6602

Edited by khs123

Hi,

I have problem with LG desktop which we used to download pictures and videos from mobile to PC. The model i am using is LG RD 6230. I have recently upgraded to version 17. After this, whenever i tried to used LG desktop, it automatically get closed. Please help me to get rid of this problem. If there is an upgrade in the software for LG desktop. Please let me know where i can download the latest software which is compatible with LG RD6230 version 17.

Regards,

Nagendra

I have bought a new mini sd card, i put near about 50 songs in the card but it shows only 37 songs in the mobile. I am not able to figure out this problem. Please advice.

The Problem may be that the song Title is Longer than 20 Characters, which if exceeds the Mobile does not count's it nor it shows.

Well Guys, Have been using the 6230 for a month and am already bored of it. Its really not that good a phone to own...

I bought the phone for 7400/- plus a 512 MB memory card for 900 plus a memory card reader for 250. All this cos the phone has an inbuilt memory of just 2 MB!! Anyway, its not worth it. The phone is its own master and has its own whims and fancies...

Video Recording: Sometimes, it records and sometimes it doesn't... Moreover the quality is pretty bad.

MP3: The main reason why one will buy this phone, right? Well, for starters, you have to manually change each song! If you don't, the same song will keep repeating. You have to play the songs through your SD card.

Memory: The phone needs a Mini SD card. None of the others will work. Its much better if you buy a memory card reader. Cos the data cable turns out to be pretty expensive!

All in all, I would rate the phone a 6/10. If music is the reason for buying this phone ,you might as well go in for a radio enabled phone!

The Problem may be that the song Title is Longer than 20 Characters, which if exceeds the Mobile does not count's it nor it shows.

THANKS A LOT BUDDY. You have solved my PROBLEM. THANKS A LOT :D:D

I'm new to this forum...n also new to customizing the phone.

Can anyone tellme how can i get and dl the ringtones n wallpaper for lg 6230. :angry:

Hope i can get response fast...

Plz help out!

Guys I think you all should all upgrade ur software in LG RD6230 phone. After updating you will get a new menu VOICE TOOLS. It has features which are useful to us.

Hey,

I want to buy an SD Card for my LG 6230. Which one is the best one. Can someone help me on this please? :)

Thanks

Praveen

hi,

i have observed that sometimes when i fail to receive a call,i am not getting the miss call number and other details on my LG 6230.

can somebody help,

ajay

what abt lg 6500 ? any more details

Hi Buddy I have taken LG RD6230. can you help me find out where I can purchase a data cable which will help me download mp3 to my mobile and help me use R Connect.

Ive been using the 6230 extensively for messaging. I add custom words to the T9 dictionary by typing it in "Abc" mode and then switching over to the "T9" mode. Doing this adds the custom word to the T9 dictionary for future use.

Recently I have been having problems adding new words to the dictionary. New words that I try to save, are not being saved.

Has anyone here experienced the same problem? Is there a limit to the number of words that can be added to the built-in T9 dictionary?

Thanks in advance

This is because only a fixed number of words can be stored..

Actually the concept of queue is used here to store the new words...

When u exceed the max storage then the old one generally get deleted..but in ur case its the opp.. u r not able to go for new one...

I'm new to this forum...n also new to customizing the phone.

Can anyone tellme how can i get and dl the ringtones n wallpaper for lg 6230. :help:

Hope i can get response fast...

Plz help out!

Hey,

I want to buy an SD Card for my LG 6230. Which one is the best one. Can someone help me on this please? :Confuso:

Thanks

Praveen

what abt lg 6500 ? any more details

Hi Buddy I have taken LG RD6230. can you help me find out where I can purchase a data cable which will help me download mp3 to my mobile and help me use R Connect.

Anyone tried one GB card with this model ?

Does it work?

The Best Buy is 512 mb card whic stores about 100+ songs depending upon th esize of each song.

my songs r ripped in th eorg. format or say 128kbps - 160 kbps. i m not worried about space, its th equality i look forward 2.

i aslo wanan try 1 gb card .. lets c if sum1 has 1GB minisd card lemme no . i jus wana chk if it runs ( a lil hangin of peice np... i jus want more songs in it) then i will think of buyin it the 1GBminisd card.

i have bin using my Ril. Rd 6230 for about 3-4 months ... u can transfer wallpapers & songs .. if u can purchase a card reader.

its best way 2 upload ur wapepa & mp3 directly onto ur phone with out any hassle. Desktop wallpapers sumtimes dun fit the size of ur phone so once ur trnsfer the pic big size's will show (!) cannot display blah blah ... del. those & kip the rest.

webworld also now has walpapers but really need 2 update thier wallpepa weekly 2 avoid boreness.

if u want ringtnes 4 this piece . .lemme know i also create mp3 ringtones 4 LG RD 6230 ... i have couple of ringtones... 4 myself as well .. lemme no if u want em. ( max size r 300kb or 30 sec. whihc ever is less)

u can convert mp3 2 ringtones clik on

Music Box - External (if u have minisd Card) Options - Select trk - Set As - Ringtone - Copy 2 internal - YES.

1 more thing if u del. ur ringtone if u runin outta space .. note tat del. the ringtone doen't free up the space . .u will need 2 del. it from ur internal memory as well which u can access by going thru.

MusicBox - Internal - Select - Erase

u can also chk ur minisd memory info. in

Multimedia - SD Card - Memory info. ( u will c all 3 - Images - Movies - Sounds )

Resting the mory will erase all data on ur sd card ( useful when ur files get curroupted ... auto)

any furher enquiry lemme no ... :help:

is anyone facing problems installing r-connect with the LG RD 6230 ??

I am facing a problem... its asking for a file name "comp_mdm.inf" is not in the system as well as the CD that was provided ....

can someone help

Regards

Chandramauli