Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sanay

Lifetime validity offers galore

Kalya_Prince,

Here you need to look at one more thing. An existing Reliance customer may think 100 times before selling his mobile for getting Airtel connection. What if Reliance comes up with an attractive offer not necessarily life-time ones? He may not like to purchase another new Reliance handset at that point after spending 1000 bucks plus handst for getting Airtel connection.

Yes, Agreed dude.........

Lets c What Reliance has to offer for us !

I currently use Airtel (both prepaid & postpaid), Reliance (Joy499) & TATA Indicom (recently got the 3 year validity offer). I do not face any issues at all with any of them in terms of congestion, billing or anything. Even when I travel, I never experience any call drops. Overall, my experience with all providers are equally good.

According to me... If I have any option to get my same RIM number on any of the GSM mobile then, I will go for a GSM, The Main thing is the lack of GPRS. But the WAP in RIM is Stupid. But GPRS is really cool. They would ahve offer us a Direct WAP browser in RIM, NOt a WAP service like R-Surf. In latest models They are blocking the Direct WAP menu. then the CC service peoples are Gr fools...

one thing is clear these companies will soon make a huge profit as most of users will recharge with 999. out of these most users will be those who have a heavy usage so they will further recharge every month to get the talktime.

the companies offering life paid will get hit back later

coz the main revenue in the case of prepaid is the processing fee they charges for each re-charge

if a person recharges 330 re charge card and he gets 150 rs talk time

As the person can call 83 call units @ 1.8/min

and for this 83 call units customer pays 330 rs ... net call charges will b Rs 3.97/min

the operators cost around 80 paisa the balance is the profit for the operators

by avoiding this operators will face a huge revenue cut soon

hutch also has come with a similar offer of rs 999/- free for life....

Wow!! this thread is red hot.

Hey Supernova, this plan is for prepaid customers also and no need to take a new connection. I got some sms's from airtel giving me that offer. Well, i have to be cautious before changing my plan and jumping into it. The best part of the offer is that we get full talktime on all the future recharges :clap: .

But the scary part is :ph34r: , that we have to stick to this connection for 28 YEARS!!! :wacko:

Now thats a looooong looooooong time.....By that time, maybe i will be having abt 25 years working experience :help:

I heard but not sure reliance also launching DHAMAKA 2marrow:

Life time incoming with 1000/- talktime

when recharged with 1000/-

Waiting 4 official announcement

where did u hear it from

Just for your memory.

Reliance Tariff:

Local :: .99/1.79

STD:: 1.79/2.49

Hutch & Airtel:

Local:: 1.99

STD::2.99

As per CC 995 recharge gives lifetime validity

50 talktime

wef 00 hrs 27th dec

reliance now reacts very fast.......

but when will give reliance own offer?????

okiez ..... airtel has the worst network - totally agree ... Trump has quite a better one - almost on par with Hutch in Mumbai. Mohsin, look at Hutch's network in Dombivli - Kalyan.. We have 9 cell sites in Dombivli West and yet thrz an inevitable call drop, voice cracking. I guess the rank for the worst network is in this order :

Worst no.

1. Airtel

2. Hutch

3. Trump

4. BPL

5. Reliance .

( TATA is a big unknown - does any outsider other than tata employees really use tata ?? hehe.. )

Anyways, I support Reliance(despite me being a staunch GSM user). Good network, congestion free connections, very affordable and excellent customer care and billing. Let 'em rake in the moolah !!!!

Edited by Harshad

Reliance is the best no doubt. A CDMA is obviously expected to be trouble free. But Airtel in my city (Visakhapatnam) is equally good. Infact its better than Idea and Hutch. Those having Hutch are the worst effected ones here and suffer from poor signal and call drops. Cell one was the best SUKKA some time back. But its ok now.

Sometimes, even reliance handset people(my friends) are suffering from poor signal at some places, and they envy my phone :help: . But that may be due to their aging pre historic instruments of samsung and nokia. Man....they seem to be rickshaw walas from the condition in which their mobiles is in :clap: But hey...dont tell them. They are also members of this forum and might read this.

Edited by Rohit Rocker

Tata Indicom Introduces ‘Non Stop Mobile Life’ For Pre Paid Mobile Customers

Tata Indicom today announced its new offering - Tata Indicom 'Non Stop Life' for the pre-paid mobile customers of India.

Earlier this year, Tata Indicom introduced "Non Stop Mobile", which has redefined the prepaid industry of India, by adding over one million subscribers in a record period of 45 days.

With the launch of 'Non Stop Life' mobile service, Tata Indicom is extending a choice of offers to their customers. Both these initiatives have surpassed any similar effort till date in India's booming telecom market.

The new 'Non Stop life ' range of handsets, allow customers to receive free incoming calls for a life. Any recharge value can be carried forward for life. Outgoing calls rates are also the lowest in the industry with Tata to Tata mobile calling at just Rs 0.99/- per minute.

This service is available for a one-time charge of Rs 999/-. It is also offered bundled with a handset at a starting price of Rs 2199/-. The bundled offer comes with a choice of four different mobile handsets including a camera phone.

Speaking on the occasion Darryl Green, CEO, Tata Teleservices said, "Given the history of the Tata group, we are uniquely positioned to offer a lifetime product. We have retained the original 'Non Stop Mobile' because it offers a different value proposition around tariffs, which we believe will continue to be hugely popular among certain customer segments.”

http://www.ciol.com/content/news/2005/105123005.asp

haha tatas did it again! i think there is more room for in LIFE TIME SPACE lowest offer ever by indian companies :grin::lol::lol::lol::clap::clap::clap:

hey guys what about the call charges for other mobiles and companies ??

Hutch launches ‘2006 Recharge’ with full talktime and 1-year validity

It’s raining mega offers for the mobile users in the country. Most prepaid mobile service providers have just launched their lifetime validity offers and reliance has also launched an offer, which enables the user to call throughout India at just Rs. 1 per minute. And now, we have yet another interesting offer from Hutch who have just launched the ‘2006 Recharge’ package.

This offer is for the prepaid connectivity users of the Hutch mobile service. It offers the hutch users in Delhi NCR, full talktime, after deducting the tax and validity for an entire year by making a one-time payment of Rs 2006. This gives multiple benefits to the user considering he will not have to recharge his mobile phone just to keep receiving the incoming calls.

One of the hidden catches of the recently launched lifetime validity schemes started by the mobile companies includes higher call charges and requirement of topups once every six months. However, this latest topup package has none of these problems. You get the full talktime along with validity for an entire year.

Sanjoy Mukerji, operations director, Hutchison Essar, Delhi, Punjab and Haryana said in a statement about their latest offer: “‘2006 Recharge’ will give Hutch prepaid subscribers a two-fold benefit …firstly they do not have to recharge every month for validity, they will no longer need to worry about losing validity or expiration of their prepaid connection for an entire year, secondly subscribers will get full talktime on this recharge as well. This is a one-time fill it, shut it and forget it prepaid offer for 2006.”

http://sifybroadband.techwhack.com/347/020...-year-validity/

"Lifetime validity" under TRAI scrutiny

The euphoria over the lifetime validity offered by all cellular operators may be short lived as the telecom regulator TRAI has initiated an exercise to go deep into the matter to see its viability.

TRAI has undertaken a suo motu exercise to see that whether the concept of lifetime validity, being offered by the mobile operators on pre-paid cards with one time entry fee, was viable and is likely to give its verdict in a day or so.

It is pertinent to mention that Tata Teleservices was the first player to offer two-year validity on its pre-paid card and was strongly opposed by the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) saying it tantamount to predatory pricing.

However, no operator could stand losing the race in adding new subscribers to their fold and this virtually triggered tariff war among the service providers.

To begin with Sunil Mittal owned Bharti offering mobile services under Airtel brand launched lifetime validity card with one-time fee of Rs 999 followed by Hutch, Reliance Infocomm, Tatas and also by the state run companies MTNL and BSNL to join the war.

Tata-Birla owned Idea cellular went a step ahead of other by offering similar services in both pre-paid and post-paid segments raising doubt over the viability of these schemes.

"We will look into all aspects concerning these schemes and may take some action, if required," a top TRAI official said adding TRAI would come out with its decision within a day or two. - PTI

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/blnus/15021506.htm

the only group which was working for us is now working against us :)

Edited by abhay

TRAI is an useless body. After everyone has shelled out Rs 1 K from their pockets now these guys are slowly appearing one after the other[PC with tariff hitting measures]. These guys have no shame left. Will operators return the money back to the customers if TRAI does not approve this plan? What a day-light cheating. This is what we called as Organized cheating by the government.

Edited by Ramchi

hey on d ? of returning money

what will happen to the TATA's "2 saal tak chal challa chal offer" suscribers

since tata has launched a new lifetime offer the suscribers of previous offer are @ a huge loss :)

2) @worst the current suscribers @ the scheme will retain and they will not return the money BUT will not add additional suscribers on the same scheme :(

and i would like to know this - what exactly happens when the customer's "lifetime" is over? like when the guy dies? heck, how would the phone company even know he is dead...??

lotta fuzzy areas there...

There better be a law whereby minors cannot own a cell-phone account...or some similar law... becoz we mite as well buy cnxs in the name of our 4yr old son/daughter/nephew/cousin (instead of under our name - since we already used up a lot of the precoius 'lifetime')

get my drift ?

and i would like to know this - what exactly happens when the customer's "lifetime" is over? like when the guy dies? heck, how would the phone company even know he is dead...??

lotta fuzzy areas there...

There better be a law whereby minors cannot own a cell-phone account...or some similar law... becoz we mite as well buy cnxs in the name of our 4yr old son/daughter/nephew/cousin (instead of under our name - since we already used up a lot of the precoius 'lifetime')

get my drift ?

Dear redshift,

Today also, one cannot take a connection in a minor's name. you you cannot buy cxns in the name of your 4yr old son/daughter/nephow/cousin/uncle/aunt ???? :clap::clap::grin::lol::ph34r::unsure:B)

THE Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on Thursday asked all mobile operators to submit data to prove the viability of the recently announced lifelong pre-paid card offers. The telecom regulator is also issuing a consultation paper to discuss the issue with operators

TRAI has questioned the long-term viability and sustainability of these plans especially since most operators have been given a licence for 20 years. It has asked operators whether the lifetime can exceed their balance licence period and if not, would the plans vary in their validity duration. "What will happen to the plans if the traffic patterns and Interconnect Usages Charge regime changes substantially?" TRAI asked.

for more news .....

chk....http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2006/01/13/stories/2006011303790800.htm

Whatever decision TRAI is coming up with it must ask providers to give the money back to the customer if this Lifetime option is not feasible or not allowed by the regulatory authorities.

If providers do not return the money back to the customers then it amounts to organized looting of Rs 1000 from everyone.