Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheNeo

Nokia Sets Being Sidelined

RIM is lacking feature rich phones like N-gage. IF ever Nokia launches N-gage for CDMA it would be really fun.RIM has got such a high speed network, it can use it for online gaming.

There should be downloadable games thru R-world for such a event.Imagine :) N-gage multiplayer gaming on RIM network with its high speed u can challege any1 on the network. And even web surfing and media exprince with be o-some, with downloadable mp3s and vedios.And power to be onlie with high speed and mobility ya thats if RIM reduces rates and make it like Airtel Rs.5 /day.

Hello Dear friends

I strongly feel that Nokia sets are being sidelined in UP east

1 In my city Relianc Web world does not have nokia sets for long period ,they quote

different reasons for that

2 No special offer is being bundled with nokia . All offers are with LG or samsung sets

I feel Reliace do not like direct marketing policy of Nokia . Do you have some better idea? :)

Hello Dear friends

I strongly feel that Nokia sets are being sidelined in UP east

1 In my city Relianc Web world does not have nokia sets for long period ,they quote

different reasons for that

2 No special offer is being bundled with nokia . All offers are with LG or samsung sets

I feel Reliace do not like direct marketing policy of Nokia . Do you have some better idea? :grin:

Ya may be u r right no offer for NOKIA handset .Not only that even the Vedio option in R-world does'nt work on NOKIA handsets. above all even though i have MMS option in my hanset the web world guy said NOKIA handset will not recive any MMS.

I think Reliance has launched NOKIA handset just because it wanted stop the aligation that it does'nt like NOKIA and may be there is a reason for this dislike becoz NOKIA dont print Reliance on its hansets like LG and Sumsung so it avoids NOKIA.

And mind well NOKIA's handset features are not being used upto the mark in RIM. :)

Booooooooooow Reliance

Mms recieving works perfectly on nk 3125 for me.

Edited by amitbt22

Nokia will never bent on price, as they are established brand in GSM, they are not much interested n CDMA. LG got a footprint in India and mobile handsets because of Reliance. So the relationship continues. Giving better rates for Reliance. One way its good, it will eventually make Nokia to come out of its shell.

THe Real Reson is MARGIN OF PROFIT.

NOKIA is available thru its own distribution network & dealers. So Reliance gets similar margin to that of regional distributor & it has to give WEBworld a margin to. So Reliance do not get the CREAM.

In case of LG & Samsung, they are intrested in SELLING BULK quantity of handsets, they dont care about after sales service. SO they offer Huge quanity discounts to Reliance. In turn, Reliance has to sell BULK of LG handsets. SO you see, they bundle offer with LG so that it sells more & Reliance earns more.

JAi Dhirubahi.

P.S:- I wont be surprised if Dhirubhai is negotiating a deal with Indrabhagwan & yamraj for Swarg-Narg INfoComm.

Well,I am a nokia lover but i think dat lg has a better after sales service specially regular update of phone softwares :grin: .

Personally being a Samsung Fan, I have to say that Nokia handsets aren't that good. The build quality is bad except for the high end phones. I have seen the 6030 and I must say that the build quality is poor while Samsung does a great job with their handsets. I never had to go to a Samsung service center in my life...

Nokia fan for cdma only(leaving rworld) otherwise gsm presently samsung rocks d world liked their all non clamshell models.very good.

I was using LG 2030 and was really need to get rid of it.It hardly picks up any range, ver very poor battery backup.

Well NOKIA catches range upto 17-18Km away from the tower.Good battery backup.I am really satisfied.

Ya Nokia software are really poor.No good presention, low resolution.But over all better then others far more.

well. me too as a linux guy ..am a great fan of Samsung.....as it says everyones invited..they are exceptionally fast...but what i like abt the nokia is good network and the sms...i luv the nokia sms way.....but still samsung rocks and i dunno kow why samsung is sleeping......come on KIM.....join with RIM

If someone ever asks me which handset will i purchase.. it will anyday be a CG world air handset ... OMG! launched by Samsung and LG, they are CDMA + GSM handsets (and guess what ... it is available in Fuzhou for about 12k INR)!!!

Cheers

Ashok

I was using LG 2030 and was really need to get rid of it.It hardly picks up any range, ver very poor battery backup.

Well NOKIA catches range upto 17-18Km away from the tower.Good battery backup.I am really satisfied.

Ya Nokia software are really poor.No good presention, low resolution.But over all better then others far more.

I don't think thats quite fair. Iv been using the RD 2030 for more than 2 years now. I don't think there is any problem with reception. I havent compared the reception with all models, but seems its definitely better than the Nokia 2280 ...and maybe same/similar to the Nokia 2112.

Battery is also ok ...not great of course but its just about tolerable. Actually, talk time is good ...may give more than even 3 hrs of talk time after full charge, but the problem I think are the LEDs. They take up too much power ...so if backlight remains on a lot ...like if you SMS a lot, batts run out real fast. Vibrator will make it run out real fast, too.

Also, have you upgraded the firmware? Thats very imortant - will have a direct bearing on reception ...and as per my observation, it seemed to improve batt life also. I'v been told that you should have at least version 15 (thats what I have). Though I belive couple of other versions have been released...

I havent upgraded cus Reliance still dosen't have a handset which I like :) ...and I'm not going to upgrade until they do.

Edited by raccoon

My view... quality is 10% physical & 90% as percived by the user.

SO my freinds lets not discuss which company is best. Lets get the main point...

Reliance needs to give freedom to its customer to choose handsets... alleast with RUIM card facility avialble now... it should happen like GSM. Buy a Reliance RUIM card & then choose a CDMA handset of personal choice. Be it samgung , LG , NOKIA or imported piece.Let the actual users decides who wins...

WHAT SAY GUYS..!

I love LG because of great prices ... Just buy the talktime for Rs. 2500, .... and the handset comes FREE.

If my montly talktime usage had been around Rs. 800 .... I'd talk around for 3 months, and then buy a NEW handset again !

(quite possible someone will buy the 3 month old model for some price ... so addl. gain).

I value the handset because : it can make me do things on the telecom network. Intrinsic value of the handset is low .... but I'd like to keep changing handset, quick .... like changing shirts :clap:

(.... Ahhh ..... should I have said, changing "skirts" :) )

or maybe shirts and skirts :clap:

I don't think thats quite fair. Iv been using the RD 2030 for more than 2 years now. I don't think there is any problem with reception. I havent compared the reception with all models, but seems its definitely better than the Nokia 2280 ...and maybe same/similar to the Nokia 2112.

Battery is also ok ...not great of course but its just about tolerable. Actually, talk time is good ...may give more than even 3 hrs of talk time after full charge, but the problem I think are the LEDs. They take up too much power ...so if backlight remains on a lot ...like if you SMS a lot, batts run out real fast. Vibrator will make it run out real fast, too.

Also, have you upgraded the firmware? Thats very imortant - will have a direct bearing on reception ...and as per my observation, it seemed to improve batt life also. I'v been told that you should have at least version 15 (thats what I have). Though I belive couple of other versions have been released...

I havent upgraded cus Reliance still dosen't have a handset which I like :clap: ...and I'm not going to upgrade until they do.

Sorry it was RD 2130 Moonlight that was typing mistake.

hey neo ... there are gaming fans on board too ... but why crib about something RIM will not learn (handsets )

so wait and watch .. thatz the motto ... and play games on the comp in the meanwhile :clap:

Cheers

Ashok