Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
IC£MAN

Setting Up And Optimizing The Kyocera 7135

Is there any Alarm software, that will 'vibrate' the cell when it is time? I tried one, but it didn't vibrate the cell, amd I was late to office this morning.

Also, there is one program Documents To Go, better than quickoffice. Their latest version 8 DOES NOT work on 7135. Search for version 6.

Any guide on how to play movies?

Is there any Alarm software, that will 'vibrate' the cell when it is time? I tried one, but it didn't vibrate the cell, amd I was late to office this morning.

Also, there is one program Documents To Go, better than quickoffice. Their latest version 8 DOES NOT work on 7135. Search for version 6.

Any guide on how to play movies?

This hack allows you to have your VisorPhone vibrate instead of sounding an alarm

This is just a "proof-of-concept" release to let people know that this can be done. Don''t worry, it works, but it just doesn''t do very much beyond what I say in the opening sentance.

AlarmControlHack0.1.zip

This hack allows you to have your VisorPhone vibrate instead of sounding an alarm

This is just a "proof-of-concept" release to let people know that this can be done. Don''t worry, it works, but it just doesn''t do very much beyond what I say in the opening sentance.

Hey thanks man, you are really IN this phone, arent ya?!!!

One more cool use of this phone. You can use this phone as a remote control for controlling TV/music system etc! Haven't tried any software myself, but I sure will in coming days.

Any good image browser? I can't get the AcidImage to work. And what's bad in using the given photo viewer?

Anyone used some new interface like silver/zlauncher etc, or continuing the old one?

Really a cool Phone. Only problem is the battery. Have to carry charger with me, if I want to use the phone heavily.

Can any body help me with media player for my dear Kyo 7135 ..plz

Thanks

What help do you require? You can use the bebopper mp3 player posted by Iceman. Quality atleast sounds better than the included one. Make sure you keep the bitrate of mp3s <=128kbps, as anything above that will sound jerky due to less speed of processor. Just write the mp3s to phone using the software on phone, or using the card reader, put the files in /Audio/ folder on the memory card.

If you are asking about playing movies, even I m waiting for some answer from champs.

One more thing. There is a tool, using which we can convert the memory card to a flash drive! I have installed cardexport that does this job.

So, is there any other way of connecting the handset to pc,except the cradle? The cradle is too huge to carry around. The other solution is to buy a memory card reader, but plugging the phone directly to pc will be much beter.

I found the following page, where similar product was 'coming soon'

search for 7135 on http://www.ziplinq-europe.com/retractable-cable-pda.html

Also, look here on ebay.

So this idea is possible. Is it in reality?

Edited by ani_meher

yaa i am Asking about the Movies..Anbody..
Sorry for the late reply Hyd Ladka use Kinoma player for movies. Attaching it for you.

Hey thanks man, you are really IN this phone, arent ya?!!!

One more cool use of this phone. You can use this phone as a remote control for controlling TV/music system etc! Haven't tried any software myself, but I sure will in coming days.

Any good image browser? I can't get the AcidImage to work. And what's bad in using the given photo viewer?

Anyone used some new interface like silver/zlauncher etc, or continuing the old one?

Really a cool Phone. Only problem is the battery. Have to carry charger with me, if I want to use the phone heavily.

SOS Guys PLEASE do not load applications all at one time, cause some applications clash with each other on this phone. So do it one by one, This would help in not crashing your phone and you will not get a fatal error. Yes Ani TV remote is old news. You can use this phone as your CAR REMOTE LOL trust me its crazy but possible.

KinomaPlayer.zip

hey ppl, i wantd 2 know a general thing. i suppose ,all u guyz purchased this gr8 handset at quiete a less price which was meant for employees only. so, is this transaction legal, open 2 legal issues or not. plz reply asap. coz even me thinking of getting this 1.

Make sure you keep the bitrate of mp3s <=128kbps, as anything above that will sound jerky due to less speed of processor.

Hi have uploaded several mp3s to my card with bitrate 160 kbps. I have had no probems playing them and the sound quality was definitely better than the one with 128 kbps bitrate. I did not experience any jerky sound. I am using the default mp3 player and must say the mp3 sound quality was equivalent (if not better) to my nokia 6630. Whatever, I am just loving it.... ;)

Cheers!

Make sure you keep the bitrate of mp3s <=128kbps, as anything above that will sound jerky due to less speed of processor.

Hi have uploaded several mp3s to my card with bitrate 160 kbps. I have had no probems playing them and the sound quality was definitely better than the one with 128 kbps bitrate. I did not experience any jerky sound. I am using the default mp3 player and must say the mp3 sound quality was equivalent (if not better) to my nokia 6630. Whatever, I am just loving it.... :)

Cheers!

Great mate...... just a question what softwares have you loaded leaving aside what is installed in the rom. If you like the origional player you must try bebopper its by far better.

Hi Friends, This is the best & the safest launcher prog for the KYO 7135. Enjoy. Give me a feedback please. oops its to huge guys if you want it leave ur mail id or mail me & i will send it to you guys. A question for all users in your dialled numbers list do you get names or just numbers.

Hi Friends, This is the best & the safest launcher prog for the KYO 7135. Enjoy. Give me a feedback please. oops its to huge guys if you want it leave ur mail id or mail me & i will send it to you guys. A question for all users in your dialled numbers list do you get names or just numbers.
Some MP3 ringtones for all of you .... just install them and select them.

one more

Salaam_Namaste_New.mp3.rar

Aashik_Banaya.mp3.rar

hmm herez my request (humph)

cheers

Ashok

Great News Friends.Our Very Own Ashoksoft has done it for us again.

If you go thru your phone prefs + phone service in the phone line section u will see a totally different number, it will start with 000000****. here is how you change it to your number. Dail 111111 ( 6 times 1 ) thru ur phone and sroll downwards till u reach options, select options and browse down too programming. now enter code 111111 ( 6 times 1 ) again ( thanks ASHOKSOFT ) to enter the menu, after that change the last number ie. directory no. to ur phone number 10 digit ( keep the number there for ur records save it ).

Now shut ur phone and restart it and VOILA better reception and better Ear peice volume. Kindly note pls make these changes at ur own risk. :clap::clap:

That is what I call fluke... I was chatting with him ... we were wondering what the SPC could be. SPC could not be read using Bitpim (as stated in some reviews on other sites) ...

tried 000000 , 123456 etc ... and just felt it could be 111111 !! voila ! that was it ! :clap:

Cheers mate

Ashok

Wow guys! this trick truely works like charm. I'd never thought that the earpiece could sound so much that my next table collegue could hear it!

Wow guys! this trick truely works like charm. I'd never thought that the earpiece could sound so much that my next table collegue could hear it!

It seems that ICEMAN, Ashok has decided to do PHD on this handset..........

We can see a new discovery each day.....Great Job !

Thanks to ICEMAN AND ASHOK......... :clap:

guy's just wanted to ask u ........Can we use Skype with this handset.....??????//

I found this from another site. Can some techie pls throw some light on it?

Although we've had this feature all along, it wasn't until I decided to read the 7135's Service Programming Guide that I realized that we all have a programming option which SHOULD help extend battery life!

If you go to the programming menu (dial 1 1 1 1 1 1, then select "Options", then "Programming"), you will be in phone programming mode. At the bottom you'll see a button labeled "More". After tapping that button, tap on the drop down menu at the EXTREME top right of the screen, then select "General".

On the "General Settings" screen, you will see an option labeled "Slot Cycle Index".

According to the 7135 Service Programming Guide, that parameter specifies how often the phone checks the "paging channel" of your carrier. Valid values are 0-7:

0=1.28 seconds

1=2.56 "

2=5.12 "

3=10.24 "

4=20 "

5=40.96 "

6=81.92 "

7=163.84 "

The higher the value of the slot cycle index, the LESS FREQUENTLY the phone checks the paging channel. As a result, CDMA STANDBY TIME is IMPROVED. And as a result, battery.

FYI I've done a FEW TESTS with incoming and outgoing calls, PLUS SMS messages ... and SO FAR, I HAVE NOT seen ANY DECREASE in phone responsiveness.

HOWEVER ... I do live in a major city. SO ... changing the slot cycle for me probably doesn't have a big impact on service. BUT ... in fringe areas, upping the slot cycle value COULD result in your moving into a roaming area without your knowing it (especially if you're traveling, and the phone hasn't checked the paging channel).

______________________________________________________________________________________

Ashok, Iceman, can you look into it?

Any answers to my USB Data cable question?

Did anyone use any overclocking utility? I am planning to overclock the utilities in morning and evenings, while travelling, and underclock in day, so as to get more battery life from the cell.

overclocking for Palm 4.1 ? ???

please upload the utility which u intend to use ...

Cheers

Ashok

I found this from another site. Can some techie pls throw some light on it?

Ashok, Iceman, can you look into it?

Any answers to my USB Data cable question?

Did anyone use any overclocking utility? I am planning to overclock the utilities in morning and evenings, while travelling, and underclock in day, so as to get more battery life from the cell.

Hi Ani, I have tried a couple of overclocking softwares too but i suggest not to verture in that direction cause people who have online have gone thru major FATAL ERRORS. But will look at the programming menu ...... lets see something might come out. At present working on disconnection of calls .... if u have noticed u cannot disconnect an incomming call Ps : mailed you .... send me whatever you have too. Edited by IC£MAN

Hi Ani, I have tried a couple of overclocking softwares too but i suggest not to verture in that direction cause people who have online have gone thru major FATAL ERRORS. But will look at the programming menu ...... lets see something might come out. At present working on disconnection of calls .... if u have noticed u cannot disconnect an incomming call Ps : mailed you .... send me whatever you have too.

Even I have noticed just today morning only, that I can't disconnect the incoming call. Does it have to do with the tweak, maybe? but even if it is, i don't care much, because the increase in reception is too good.

For accelerating (not OVERCLOCKING), have a look at Quickbits. It is not a overclocking utility, it just speeds things up. Reported to work fine on 7135.

For overclocking, Afterburner is supposed to be good for 7135. I don't plan it to use for overclocking, but for underclocking. I don't need the PDA to run fast when I am in office, in order to save the battery for travel time.

Any inputs?

BTW, the USB data cable exists here. But it is not charging the phone. I read somewhere, that a USB charging data cable exists for this phone. Pls guys, look into this.

Help me Guys!

I had my 7135 working fine untill last night. I am in roaming area right now. Somehow, after the call last night, I set the raoming to 'no roaming' -- I just forgot I am roaming as I use this phone in roaming only.... Now this morning no calls are going/coming thru. I again set it to 'automatic' but of no use. When I call up this number, I mostly get the message that 'Phone is switched off' whereas it is not and is showing all bars...

Help Guys!

Set ur Number by the programming menu (set directory number)

Press 111111 and then scroll down to options.

Choose Programming enter 111111

now set the DIRECTORY number to ur mobile number (10 digit ... no 0 prefix)

set roaming to automatic

restart the mobile... and once it latches to the network, disable roaming

try it out ... it worked kewl for me ;)

Cheers

Ashok

I already changed the number my own....now what?

Ok...I Got it done. I changed back the number to its original and then removed the battery and inserted back (That sofisticated method of hard reset did not work for me). It's back to normal, and lo! the roaming option is still 'no roaming', but working fine. As such, no RIM phone handsets on their own treat the service area as roaming in India as they are on Reliance only..I have never seen the 'R' activated EVER on any of the RIM phones. May be it follows the US protocol, where roaming means the 'other network' within US.

Thanks anyway. You guys are really great, anytime ready to help.

Cheers!

Edited by basant_jp