Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
IC£MAN

Setting Up And Optimizing The Kyocera 7135

hi! how can we read and edit word doc and excel file in kyocera 7135 .

arun,ashok,iceman pl. check

use quick office!!! itz kewl

Ashok

Hi Ashok,

I got my Kyocera 7135 linked with network, help by kshah, uploaded the qcn

Thanx

I need quick office can you send me the same pls

thanks

gopal mani

maylsamy@yahoo.com

any one has Quick Office full? Please give me if any one has.

There is a different thread going on for asking softwares. Anyway, contact me. yesterday only I have found it out but its 11MB. Tell me how do you want it.

There is a different thread going on for asking softwares. Anyway, contact me. yesterday only I have found it out but its 11MB. Tell me how do you want it.

Setu seth :D Email me that software... Compress it and send it to me......Or just upload to rapidshare or megaupload.com and send the links..

Thanks in advance ! :clap:

Setu seth :'( Email me that software... Compress it and send it to me......Or just upload to rapidshare or megaupload.com and send the links..

Thanks in advance ! :P

Megaupload or the other service deletes the file if it doesnt get downloaded for 30 days. I tried using Yahoo briefcase but even after making the folder public, the public folder shows its empty (though I can see the files after login). So I think, it would be better if I upload it here for the janta out here.

It has 3 files. copy all in one folder and then run the Zip file.

Setu seth :clap: Email me that software... Compress it and send it to me......Or just upload to rapidshare or megaupload.com and send the links..

Megaupload or the other service deletes the file if it doesnt get downloaded for 30 days. I tried using Yahoo briefcase but even after making the folder public, the public folder shows its empty (though I can see the files after login). So I think, it would be better if I upload it here for the janta out here.

Opps ! its not uploading the files. Why so ? The files were of size 4MB, 4MB, 3MB

Setu seth :'( Email me that software... Compress it and send it to me......Or just upload to rapidshare or megaupload.com and send the links..

Thanks in advance ! :P

Setu seth :clap: Email me that software... Compress it and send it to me......Or just upload to rapidshare or megaupload.com and send the links..

Opps ! its not uploading the files. Why so ? The files were of size 4MB, 4MB, 3MB

The last thing i did was to upload it to megaupload. here it is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3EPK3D6K

hope this works. best of luck.

Is there anyway to access R-World on Kyo ?

R World for the PDA

Experience rich and unique web applications from R World. A whole world of information and entertainment now fits into the palm of your hand!

News

The latest business, sports and weather news.

Pictures

Browse through many pictures of Actors, Actresses, Models, and so on.

Astrology

Astrology offers the daily forecast based on the twelve Sun signs in the zodiac.

Numerology

Numerology is the study of numbers and the occult manner in which they reflect certain aptitudes and character tendencies

Tithi

Tithi is the date according to the Hindu lunar calendar. There are several rituals and festivals associated with the Tithi.

Rahulkalam

Based on planetary configurations the days and hours are classified as good and bad. Rahukalam is the one and half period that varies everyday.

Hora

Hora means 'the hour'. It is the hour of a particular planet on a particular day.

Chogadia

The Chogadia application brings the user the auspicious and the inauspicious times within a day, i.e. from sunrise to sunset.

Quotes

The first and only service of its kind in India that lets you access 5 minutes delayed NSE S&P CNX price quotes on your phone.

Forex

The service offers forex converter for major world currencies to convert any currency To and From Indian Rupees.

Jokes

'Jokes' is an application that provides clean jokes on your handsets in an easy to use manner.

All this and many more Applications to follow in the coming months.

R World services have been customized for the Kyocera PDA and can be accessed at the following URL:

http://pda.ricinfo.com

This site is a hypertext-only site and does not contain JAVA code or script.

PDA users will access this site by typing in the URL in EIS Web (the web surfing application included with their PDA).

Upon purchase of a Kyocera 7135, if the customer so desires, the Kyocera lead (Enterprise/WebWorld) will set the default homepage to pda.ricinfo.com.

To connect to pda.ricinfo.com:

Click to view the PDA screen.

Click to open Prefs PDA.

Click in the upper-right corner and tap on Network from the pick list.

Your default Service would be already pre-set to Reliance

Enter your User Name as the area code (without the zero) and your phone number (Ex: 2237000000 for Mumbai - NOT 02237000000).

Enter your Password as the area code and your phone number (Ex: 2237000000 for Mumbai - NOT 02237000000).

In Connection Tap Wireless Modem

Go to Phone and type #777 and tap on OK.

Click on connect.

To set the R World as the default home page, simply follow these steps:

Click the ‘Web’ application icon from the PDA Application screen

Go to the Options icon(on the right hand corner of the EIS Web screen)

Click on ‘Browser Settings’

Select Custom Homepage

Type in “pda.ricinfo.com”

To obtain a richer R World experience, please make the followings changes on the ‘Browser Settings’ itself:

Check ‘Use Scroll Hot Buttons’

Check ‘Use JavaScript’

Check ‘Load Images with Page’

Now the customer can directly access R World by selecting ‘Web’.

Note: Once the battery is fully discharged or if the battery is removed from the handset the default home page settings will be erased. In this case, the home page and settings must be reset as per the above process.

It may be mentioned on the website, but none of the service menus work if you try. Anyone else tried it ? :)

Few of it does....like pictures, jokes etcetra

R World for the PDA

R World services have been customized for the Kyocera PDA and can be accessed at the following URL:

http://pda.ricinfo.com

Click to open Prefs PDA.

Click in the upper-right corner and tap on Network from the pick list.

Your default Service would be already pre-set to Reliance

Enter your User Name as the area code (without the zero) and your phone number (Ex: 2237000000 for Mumbai - NOT 02237000000).

Enter your Password as the area code and your phone number (Ex: 2237000000 for Mumbai - NOT 02237000000).

In Connection Tap Wireless Modem

Go to Phone and type #777 and tap on OK.

Click on connect.

http://pda.ricinfo.com/ can be surfed on a Internet Explorer too. Its nothing but a normal website (where some links work and some doesnt !) This is not R-World . Where are the AajTak, NDTV, India TV ? Where are the songs, movie clips ? Besides, to use the so called R-world one needs to connect to net. R-world is free for DAPO customers (except U and E applications). But the above method attracts applicable per minute charges. I think there should be a way out. There should be an application, like the ones coming in new handsets which run R-world on brew. Any thoughts ? :clap:

Under the SMS application, on the upper right hand corner there is a "Net Alerts". Clicking on it, it asks "Would you like to launch the WAP browser ?", if you click yes, it opens the Openwave WAP Browser. But then nothing happens. Trying to confugure it, it simply says - invalid IP.

Can anybody throw some light on this ? What is the use of this WAP browser ? How it can be configured ? And how best it can be used ?

The Openwave WAP browser is used to surf WAP based pages on your Kyocera 7135. To use this service, the feature needs to be enabled by the service provider, which Reliance doesn't seem to have configured in the Kyocera 7135s they supplied. You can see a tutorial to configure it here (see under KYOCERA 7135).

Thanks Arun for the link to the tutorial. But, the very first step in the tutorial asks to input gateway ip and port in the "hidden" menu. That means configuring phone, ip address is must. Do we have that ip address ?

Nope.... as I had mentioned earlier, Reliance hasn't 'provisioned' it.

thatz something puneet and i are looking at ... similarly i've managed sms from the pc (though not in the exact sense what most of us might be looking at...)

will update more details over a short period of time .. :angry:

too hectic mates

cheers

ashok

WAP settings as found in Nokia 6155

Username (QNC) qnc

Password (QNC) qnc

PPP Authentication Options (QNC) Both PAP and CHAP

IP Address Family Preference Option 0 - IPv4 only

IP Connection type Option 0 - IPv4 only

Mobile IP MN_AAA Authentication Algorithm 1

Mobile IP MN_AAA SPI 0

Mobile IP MN_AAA SPI Present Enable

Simple/Mobile IP MN_AAA Shared Secret Data Format Options Option 0 - Leave

Simple/Mobile IP MN_AAA Shared Secret Key k7G6iYd

Simple/Mobile IP MN_AAA Shared Secret Key Length 7

Default Browser Home Page Address http://wap.rworld.co.in

User Agent Profile URL http://mms.wdsap.ricinfo.com/uaprof/nk6155.xml

Proxy Server IP Address

Proxy Server IPv4 Address 12.25.203.32:80

Proxy Server IPv6 Address [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]:0

Proxy Server Hostnames

Proxy Server Hostname (Primary) wapgw.ricinfo.com:8080

Proxy Server Hostname (Secondary)

Hope useful. I think one will not be able to confgure WAP browser till enabled at server end.

OFF THE TOPIC

I recently bought Nokia 6155 with WAP Browser enabled.

Advantages:

One can bypass pathatic R world and do lot more on wap browser.

Using Opera Mini means full fledged browsing with script support. I can even log on to non WAP sites and pages.

Can check, read, recieve and send e mails using Flurrymail.

I recommend WAP enabled phones over R world enabled.

Couldnt find any place to add all these to run the WAP browser on Kyo 7135.

Btw, you can always surf wap sites on WebProV or even EIS Web browsers on 7135. For example you can use wap.oa.yahoo.com on these browsers and there is no need of R World. So I think, to surf wap sites there is no need of WAP browser. I am facing just one problem in these web browser, if a http site is opening a pop window then that window is not visible and gives unpredictable behaviour. I tried irctc.co.in. When it opens the availability window, that window never opens in these browser. I dont know if irctc has any wap version of their sites.

Guys, any comments ?

When u are surfing on WAP on Nokia 6155 is it charged as per R-Connect charges ??? or is it like R-world ?

Coz if it is the latter, then I would love to fiddle on the Kyo. if not why bother - I have xino - a kewl Http browser :confuse:

[Off-topic]

The settings in N6235 are almost the same with the only differences in:

1. Default Home page

2. Proxy server hostname (primary)

3. User agent profile

I tried setting the same as 6155 on my 6235 and got the error message HTTP 403.

EDIT: Even setting the user agent profile to 6155.xml doesn't works. I guess they use MDN/MIN authentication to allow access to WAP browser, and have allowed only the MDN/MINs that are setup on N6155 according to Reliance's record.

:D

[/off-topic]

When u are surfing on WAP on Nokia 6155 is it charged as per R-Connect charges ??? or is it like R-world ?

Coz if it is the latter, then I would love to fiddle on the Kyo. if not why bother - I have xino - a kewl Http browser :P

I think, it will attract R-Connect charges because, you might have observed the message "Airtime fees apply for browser use" when you tap on openwave wap browser. But yes, you can still fiddle with the phone so that we can make it wap enabled :D

Can you please upload xino on "Some softwares for Kyo 7135" ? Hope you have, what is required for its continuous usage :D

Check your email now, Setu :(

Thanks Arun. ;)

Check your email now, Setu :blink:

no u do not have to pay as much as r-connect if you use wap browser.if you have r-world membership,u will have to shell out 25 rupees per month only.so it is a better opnion for web browsing.