Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@ksh@T

Why Cant We Talk More Than 60mins In A Do

guys a call automaticall y dissconnects after 60mins of comtinuous calls.....why is that so!

@akshat

My dear friend I don't agree with you, because I used to talk more than an hour on my GSM phone under Hutch. I many a times made calls which i terminated after nearly one and a half hours.

For CDMA I am not sure, because I never used my Reliance phone for such a long call.

Enjoy !

Regards.

Yeah it does. If you are using the 440/- voucher, you would have noticed that the call disconnects after an hr. I thought it was limited to 440/- but once while talking to my gf on an STD call from R2R, the call got disconnected after an hr.

nah never for me on AIRTEL may be its a RELIANCE thing :blink:

hmmm that may be a good thing in a way! DHIRUBHAI's way of saying !!!

abe baat karna band kar sale ! kitna baat karega :grin::grin::grin: RELIANCE to RELIANCE free ka matlab ye nahin ki sara din phone pe chipke raho :clap::clap::clap::D:D:grin::grin: ***

*** kidding if its offensive to some1

Edited by abhay

I agree it disconnects at exactly one hr ( not even a second plus or minus) when calling from a RIM. However, I also have a FWP and I have talked continuously for roughly 3 hrs once without disconnection and many many times for around 2 hrs

I agree it disconnects at exactly one hr ( not even a second plus or minus) when calling from a RIM. However, I also have a FWP and I have talked continuously for roughly 3 hrs once without disconnection and many many times for around 2 hrs

Wow, by this time, your ear's impression will be there on the earphone.

True mate ... another issue is that if u use 440 quite a lot, u will find that in peak hours there is some problem in call connects also.

cheers

Ashok

Yeah..It happens with the 440 voucher only...Seems it's RIM's way to put a check on RIM2RIM free calls...But these poor guys dont understand that if a person is talking continuously for an hour, he/she would never mind calling up again...

Cheers!

Edited by basant_jp

i had faced this problem in the intital stages when i had dapo long back. the calls used to diconnect at exact 60 mins. but later on as time passed the problem got solved.

in all free plans the calls get dc exactly 60 mins.....even in fwp......i know it coz i use rel-rel free madly

Now to think about it, it does. At first I assumed it was for free plans only but when my STD calls started gettung disconnected after an hour, I assumed it must be a technical hitch.

But now I remember that the STD calls that I made were using the free talktime that came with a LG RD 2340. So the calls getting disconnected makes sense now.

Well, not just calls but net connections also ...like my Sancharnet (BSNL pre paid net account) connection gets disconnected exactly every 2 hours!

True mate ... another issue is that if u use 440 quite a lot, u will find that in peak hours there is some problem in call connects also.

cheers

Ashok

I agree. Sometimes it becomes very hard to call up RIM numbers during peak hours.

I keep getting "this number is presently not reachable" for more than 15 mins sometimes, continuously !

I had an airtel postpaid connection in karnataka and it also used to get disconnected after an hour. A prepaid one gets dissconnected in half an hour in delhi and postpiad again in an hour. I m talkin bout airtel.

That happens cozz sometimes a person forgets to unlock his phone and puts it in his pocket and accidentely the last no i the dialled list can get dialled and so he can land up with huge sums of money to pay..... To prevent all this.

Technically it is used to decrease call flow. As a person keeps on talking talking it starts to consume more of bandwith and so the server automatically refreshes itself.

I had an airtel postpaid connection in karnataka and it also used to get disconnected after an hour. A prepaid one gets dissconnected in half an hour in delhi and postpiad again in an hour. I m talkin bout airtel.

That happens cozz sometimes a person forgets to unlock his phone and puts it in his pocket and accidentely the last no i the dialled list can get dialled and so he can land up with huge sums of money to pay..... To prevent all this.

Technically it is used to decrease call flow. As a person keeps on talking talking it starts to consume more of bandwith and so the server automatically refreshes itself.

this call disconnect problem is not there in FWP btw

well guys today went to the town office and hit the @$$ hard of lil ambanis employee and found the answer...well in prepaid you cant talk more than 60 mins in a go but in postpaid You can ....but still my gf says yeh tumhara phone 1 ghante baad kat kyon j aata hai..........speechless..tried in day too..when my balance deducts..am using 495 rcv

Hi,

Yes I am too agree with that it disconnects after 60 minutes.. I have faced that..

but I wasnt on 440 rcv.. I was on RIM postpaid.. and it was an incoming call from other than RIM number.. I thought that some problem might be on other hand either battery over or something else.. I wasnt aware of this topic.. but now today I realize that it had happened due to a common problem in Reliance..

It is not a 'problem' dude, it is something being done purposefully...Though no issues with RIM postpaid so far...

Cheers!

purposefully ! but who wanna talk more can call again .

Well, not just calls but net connections also ...like my Sancharnet (BSNL pre paid net account) connection gets disconnected exactly every 2 hours!

HI FRIENDS;

This true that if you talk more than one hour or two conttinously youer call wil be ended.

This setting is done by operator for costomer beneficial.

They are imagin a situation where bychance from ur mobile call originted and that continue.

The timing is set by mobile operator thats also circle wise somewhere.

In relaince there is no time setting so you can make call as long as you want.

Regards,

Satish

purposefully ! but who wanna talk more can call again .

That's what I said in one of my earlier post...These poor chaps do not undersand that one can call again...But no doubts, this way companies offering free talk time are trying to save each and every buck they can....Believe it or not, lot of people do hang up after call disconnect and do not call up again.

@akshat

My dear friend I don't agree with you, because I used to talk more than an hour on my GSM phone under Hutch. I many a times made calls which i terminated after nearly one and a half hours.

For CDMA I am not sure, because I never used my Reliance phone for such a long call.

Enjoy !

Regards.

I used to talk on my hutch to my gf and everytime it used to disconnect after exactly 30 minutes. I was in Bangalore at that time.

I was told by hutch execs that this was done to prevent a call lasting till eternity (or atleast till the battery lasted) in case of a call being set-up unintentionally.

Reliance is not alone in this matter.. Every operator has a time for cutoff..

Tamilnadu and Chennai Aircel - around 30 min.

Cellone - around 30 min

TN BPL Mobile - Around 30 min

RIM - exactly 1 hr..

Rather than blaming RIM, it can also be looked at some security feature. Lets say u didnot have ur keypads locked and accidentally some number was called.. Atleast the call will end in 30 min (If the other party didnt end it earlier).. Even if the mobile was stolen, we can definitely be happy (in some sense) that it cannot be used continuosly for more than 30 min...

Or may be its the operators way of giving other callers a chance to speak in their network (Applicable to Highly congested networks at peak hours)..

but why not in postapiad ki bill aata hi jaaye...issliye.....be in both or not in both thats it!

It used to happen in postpaid too...I had purchased a prepaid Hutch sim and later, got it converted to a postpaid connection. And all thru' it used to disconnect after 30mins.