Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nitinmukesh123

Look at what happened to my Rconnect today !

unbelieveable

Happens @ times ... everywhere !!

cheers

ashok

Hi,

Could you please tell me where you got the RConnect Dialer software from? Mine seems to be an older version of yours.

I downloaded the software from the main site itself..

But does the modem supports this much speed. And it was not for a minute the speed is same for whole night.

I downloaded 300+ MB in 5 hours.

may be they are testing their broadband .............

It does happen at times...I constantly get 16-19 KB/s which surges upto 25KB/s during night hours at times.

@spdf -- It can not be broadband testing..as you have to have the handset supporting EV-DO, the mobile broadband technology for CDMA networks.

Which locality ??

where u from ?

I discussed this with a techie friend of mine and he explained that sometimes, the file download process breaks in between and due to a bug, when it resumes, it forgets the time that was taken to download the existing piece. So the download speed is recalculated as if the existing piece was download in negligible time, and hence, avg speed appears to be much higher than theoretically possible.

So guys, this could be an explanation...don't forget there could always be bugs present in softwares...

precisely, and in this screenshot, the data left to be downloaded is around 500 KB or so.

At 95KB/s, you dont expect it to take 41 seconds, do its an erratic thing.

Even when I download from Rapidshare it starts at something around 300 KB/s and then settles to 30KB/s ( I am using 256 kbps).

I dont think it should be possible to go beyond the physical limits of your connection though I am not an expert.

Edited by tanveer

yeah, its been good lately. And one of the effective ways to boost your download speed is to keep a ping running in the background, when downloading using a download manager. Its been discussed before, but for newbies sake... open MS-DOS Prompt window > type: ping www.yahoo.com -t , and then minimize the window. So it serves two purposes: keeps the dormant mode away and speeds up your downloads.

well this is not of an Rconnect atleast but this was the best speed at web world i had ever got!....bingo!

speed9pg.th.jpg

Edited by @ksh@T

u can get the best download speed and also best surfing and download speed

via rconnect. All u need is onspeed!

it works on squid proxy technology(suo u get the fast proxy connection).

if u want it than just inbox me

i also have its cr@

my average download speedis 18-25KBPS

all because of few small tweaks and onspeed.

or

pay

Only Rs. 2100.00 / US$49.99 a YEAR,

and get it from http://onspeed.com

Edited by cracker

See yourself it happened at the time

01 May 12.43 AM

Click here to see the image

I know why thats happen :grin:

Its all due to Software compression.Those who knows NTFS compression they will understand it better!

For example ,

if u start downloading a file[say 50MB size] using download manager such as flashget,it create file with EMPTY CONTAINS [ie file with ALL ZERO '0'] initially.As flashget get contains of file it store it in that file.

If the partition where file is being saved to is NTFS with COMPRESSION, WINDOWS compress that file and store it in harddisk.So if u r downloading a file with 50MB size, flash get create file with 50MB[of ZERO],what windows does is Compress it.So if u check the file size if download is just begun, file size will be of few Kilobytes.Its keep on increasing as more and more data are downloaded.

Thus 50MB file is stored as 50KB[or say few KB due to compression].

Now imagine this file is downloaded/or uploaded,Guess what gonna happen?whereher 50MB is going to transfer OR 50KB?,because disk space required to store that will is few KB due to compression.

IF software/hardware compression is ENABLE/supported, ONLY 50KB[or few KB] is needed to transfer,

BUT,

actually we'll get 50MB file transfer. So now tell me,whats the speed of download if this file is tranfered in 5 Sec. 10KBPS or 10MBps?

Technically, its 10KBps. but practiaclly its 10MBps because u're transfering 50MB file in 5sec.

HOPE this helps!

PS:to prove my theory take a look at attached file.

may be they are testing their broadband .............

Ha ha ...thats funny!

post-1807-1155404246_thumb.jpg

Edited by kachaid

Mate, the disk compression that u have just discussed here is only for data compression, but in case of a transmission over the standard TCP / IP lists it is not possible to transmit in the said manner.

As in the compression happens on your comp. The only reason why IPv6 is being discussed as the next big thing is because of compressed data transmission.

Cheers

Ashok

If the theory u explained kachaid then it should happen everytime.

But that was for once and never happened again. Also i have not done any tweaks etc.. It happened automatically..

If the theory u explained kachaid then it should happen everytime.

But that was for once and never happened again. Also i have not done any tweaks etc.. It happened automatically..

well then try uploading a highly compressible file in uncompressed format and make sure software compression is enable in connection setting.i'm sure u'll get very good upload speed.

Do test urself, do one thing download any large file[50MB] with flashget, just after completion of 400kb or so pause the download, now upload this INCOMPLETE file[usually flashget add ".jc!" extension to incomplete file] using BITtorrent or use rapidshare and tell me what speed u get.

Why i thing this works? because i tried this and tested this i get average upload speed of 30KBPS in with my reliance connection.

PS:I didn't test this theory with WAV file even though its highly compressible i'm not sure whether this theory work on WAV

Guys, reliance is theoretically supposed to connect at 115kbps....since 8 bits make 1 byte...it comes out to be approx 16kBps!!!

I was using lg 2030 till about 2 years back and the speeds i used to achieve were around 6-8 kBps...LG 7230 gave me speeds of about 12-15 kBps and the current Nokia 6265 regularly gives download speeds of 16-18 kBps...at times it touches even 20 kBps.

I get these without any tweaking.....so whats all the fuss about?

I don't see any theories of data compression and proxy connections working in my case....its just a question of where you connect from and at what time of the day??

I download each and every type of files daily and this should happen depending on the file type but thats not the case.

day before yesterday i was getting a very good download speed without frequent drops and i downloaded 180 MB in 6 hours while normally its like 120 - 140.

And i connect normally at 10 till 5.59

And the above data is from 12-6 night

So it really depends on signal strength traffic not on any compression or so..