Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Best Courier Services in India?

I need to send a mobile to USA and would need tracking. Please advise which is cheapest and reliable courier service.

try Bombino. little expensive but one the best for US. if you want to send to New York City/New Jersey, it will be delivered within 24 hours from mumbai.. try it..

bump-ing old thread, now bluedart/tnt/aramex were not accepting mobile phone and dtdc accepts but sends through thier special service called mentioned piece.. which is very costly almost 1K for 10K worth item :(.. which is the best way to send?

^

Just declare it as a used mobile/gps device with value below 1K. A indemnity letter needs to be given by you for this (something as given below). They will take it for 250~300Rs for first 500gm.

Dated: 13-03-2009

AWB:

DECLARATION LETTER CUM INDEMNITY LETTER

To,

Blue Dart Express Ltd

Mumbai / Meerut

This is to certify that the parcel contains

_____________USED GPS DEVICE WINDOWS __________________________

For PERSONAL (purpose).

The value for the parcel is Rs. ______999/-______________

We hereby undertake to send our parcel through Blue Dart Express being fully aware that it is Fragile and despite the best efforts of Blue Dart, it may be damaged in transit or lost. This has been clearly explained to us by Blue Dart Express and us accepting this fact and consequently undertakes to indemnify Blue Dart Express Ltd. In full against any claim for damage to this parcel being shipped by us.

Thank You,

Signature: ________________________

Full Name : _____DHIRAJ KAILE____________

There is a New Courier Service for Online booking, Door Collection from Your Place, Online Account Management... All at Good Competitive Rates....

This is from Maruti Courier which is an established local player in India...In collaboration with a UK Company...Must be for Web Interface and Technology Backend...

Checkout Here http://www.parcelmonkey.in/

Rajan bhai you made my day.. I have used this site before but had forgotten it... I was madly searching for it on the internet... Thank you so much for posting it :-)

Not suggesting anyone to use this for very high value phones, Do it at your own risk. But may be a viable option for some. Just sharing my experience.

Recently i sent a phone through Speed Post. It was packed very well in a box with plastic and all. The guy at the counter did not bother to even ask what it contains. Just took it, made the slip. Only Rs 50 (Weight was approx 400 gms). Then you can track it Online. The parcel was delivered within 48 hours from Mumbai to a city in Gujarat. Funny part: Online tracking was still showing it's reached the delivery destination in the evening whereas it was actually delivered that day in morning.

^

Just declare it as a used mobile/gps device with value below 1K. A indemnity letter needs to be given by you for this (something as given below). They will take it for 250~300Rs for first 500gm.

At least in bangalore, no way its possible, since they clearly says even if declare it less or sign the form, they were not ready to accept the mobile phones and electronic items. Even i'm unable lie saying its some thing else, since they were not accepting prepacked items and asking me to pack infront of them :( May be speedpost could be the option as rajan said... will try that next :)

I had lost around 4k item.

i had sent it via speedpost.

even after cotinues complain, they haven't return material nor delivered and even not paid me back postage, which as per thir rule they shud.

i came to to via their employee, it was stolen by other employee of their department.

even if declare it's phone or electronic item they wont book, if they book, it may be scanned at some speedpost center and then disallow delivery.

or it may get stolen.

so use it at ur risk.

earlier my phone got delivered.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

^

At least in bangalore, no way its possible, since they clearly says even if declare it less or sign the form, they were not ready to accept the mobile phones and electronic items. Even i'm unable lie saying its some thing else, since they were not accepting prepacked items and asking me to pack infront of them :( May be speedpost could be the option as rajan said... will try that next :)

Ya in bangalore they r not accepting Mobiles. Better to use DTDC Plus, I have used there service, they delivered it next day only.

Finally sent through overnite express with insurance

Trackon s**ks http://trackoncourier.com/

the local guy is a liar and they don't take responsibility. They say item has not been received, while online it is showing that they received it.

On Bluedart it is showing

Status In Transit

Await Delivery Information

what does it mean ? does it reach city X to city Y or it is still on the roads ?

Through last 2 yrs of online shipp8ng, I find aramex the best.

Through last 2 yrs of online shipp8ng, I find aramex the best.

But yet again aramex does not accept mobile phones. They asked me it can be done if I have an account with them. And I am pretty sure they will not be interested in customers with 2 or 3 shipments a month. Btw i have a close friend whose uncle is the country head of aramex I guess I will have to use some influence to send my one or two shipments.

@RDB

Yes, TrackON is one very bad courier service... They are the ones behind the delayed delivery of my tradus dot in order... And if I remember correctly, DK ji also said TrackOn has NOT delivered his Incredible mobile... They are big chors...

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

I like FedEx.. They charge Rs 150 for 1st 500 grams and shipping is really fast.

I shipped an item from Bhubaneswar on 20th mar 2:15pm and it was delivered in delhi today on 21 mar at 10:15..

Less than 24 hours :) Thats why I love shipping through FedEx..

I need to send a mobile to USA and would need tracking. Please advise which is cheapest and reliable courier service.

I have sent stuff to usa via world net express.

Its joint venture of DHL and speedpost.

Declare all things clearly and off it goes via DHL from Delhi onwards and they do deliver it in 3-4 days.

Declare all things clearly and off it goes via DHL from Delhi onwards and they do deliver it in 3-4 days.

how much did you have to pay ?

@RDB

Yes, TrackON is one very bad courier service... They are the ones behind the delayed delivery of my tradus dot in order... And if I remember correctly, DK ji also said TrackOn has NOT delivered his Incredible mobile... They are big chors...

After so many phone calls they delivered it to my house yesterday afternoon :)

how much did you have to pay ?

I paid 1000 to send that netgear push 2tv adapter.

Somedays back I ordered a shoe from bata.in ... they are so jerk that they covered the slip area where my address is printed. even my address is not written on the Bluedart slip. :o

While tracking it was showing

Cnee'S Add Incorrect/Incomplete/Not Loca

Contact Customer Service

Yesterday I called Kolkata CC of Bluedart and they noted down my address and it was delivered today!

Now Bluedart accepts mobiles/tablet/laptops for shipping, at least the case in Bangalore.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Could anyone help me to open an account with any reputed courier like AFL, DTDC, FEDEX, Bluedart or Aramex..

I am not a heavy shipper but I want the concessional rates that they offer to account holders.. :)

I discovered something yesterday which i believe is the best service I have seen so far.

I had to send a Bluetooth headset + A mobile handset + A digicam to my girlfriend.

The total weight of the parcel came to around 990Grams.

From Bhubaneswar to New Delhi

Fedex Quoted --- Rs 500

Bluedart Quoted -- Rs 450

DTDC quoted -- Rs 190

First Flight Quoted --- Rs 190

All of them promised a delivery time of 2 business days.

But finally I went for our Sarkari India Post Express Parcel Post Service. They charged only Rs 79 for 990Grams and didnt even enquire once what was there inside. Anyways the Item was booked on 12/July/2012 at 12:40Pm in Bhubaneswar and Was delivered today on 13/July/2012 @ 16:10HRS in New Delhi... :o

:hi2: To India Post... They are surely giving a tough competition to courier companies, I must say :)

The real problem starts if package gets lots.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Maruti Courier is also very good !!

Charge is 300 with Insurance and will deliver the next day anywhere in India !!

When I used to sell on Ebay I always opted for that !!