Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sunil_jok

Need More Avatars

hey guys we need more avtars. i was reading a post earlier and i had no recollection of writing that post, infact i was out of station on tht day. and when i checked more closly i saw that i had only 11 posts, me just 11 posts??? what happened to the tons of posts i made,

i was going to ask if someone had been posting with my id or something, however farfetched it seemed, but then i noticed that that the post was made by rajatng.

comon guys i really loved that avtar, and now someone else is also using it. now with the way the members are increasing it will only increase further...... pls get more avtars.

btw, i wont change my avtar, no matter what happenes ;)

okie, will add some more. If anyone have good collection of 64*64 icons/avatars, please do contact me.

hi sunil,

I have been playing with different avtars or some time now in this forum. And frankly speaking, this is one that I liked. It shows you as someone who is cool and confident. I will see if I can get another good avtar. For the time being, pls bear with me over this.

And I do agree. There is definitely a need for more avtars.

Rajat

well, we are able to u/l our own avatars... i did just that.. dosent my avatar reflect StaticElectricity... the basis on which electronics operate and also which static charge can easily destroy... go on..

upload ur own avatars... ther're the coolest.. :)

(1) Click the link My Controls you see on top

(2) Then click Edit Avatar Settings to the bottom left of your screen

(3) Click Browse button and select a file

(4) Click Update Avatar

Thats it :)

I used to find some problem with uploading Avatars earlier, n i realised that it was due to the cache or cookies saved on my computer or ISP. Coz even after changing the avatar it would not be shown up... but on once loggin off n then loggin in back or deleting the cookies on my system, it showed up well !

I have added a few avatars

Hope you like them :P

(3) Select Gallery from the drop down menu under Pre-installed avatars

(4) Select your avatar from the list

(5) Click the button Use Selected Avatar

Thats it :)

hi sunil,

I have been playing with different avtars or some time now in this forum. And frankly speaking, this is one that I liked. It shows you as someone who is cool and confident. I will see if I can get another good avtar. For the time being, pls bear with me over this.

garfield??? yea he is cool.

but im a dog lover, so i'd stick with mine

:angry: ppl can get so possesive abt their avatars as well !! :angry:

I'll try n get some more avatars n give it to Arun soon !

I have added a few avatars of the Handsets available with RIM

Hope you like them :angry:

(3) Select Handsets from the drop down menu under Pre-installed avatars

(4) Select your avatar from the list

(5) Click the button Use Selected Avatar

Thats it :angry:

Well actually I really LOVE Ashoks avatar its gr8 but changing to that I think would cause many problems

Oops.. i sent quite some new avatars to Arun, but i guess he's busy with his college work for some days... Maybe i'll send it to Ashok, n he can put it up here! :)

Oops.. i sent quite some new avatars to Arun, but i guess he's busy with his college work for some days... Maybe i'll send it to Ashok, n he can put it up here! :)

Lol :P

Will do it! Mail me :)

Hope u guys found the new Avatars.. Its listed as MSN Avatars, got them from the MSN Messenger site! :)

Check the size of your avatar, if it exceeds the maximum limit (64*64) specified for RIMWeb, the server automatically resizes it, and in this process it loses the animation.

If this is the case, open your gif file in Adobe photoshop or any other editing software, resize to meet the site requirements (64*64 or smaller), and upload once again. This time the animations should work.

Some image viewer tools like IrfanView do not allow you to resize animated gifs. Incase you do not have any other image editors which supports that, you can resize your image from www.gifworks.com for free. On the website, click File > File Open and then browse the file from your PC, and upload it. Then click Edit > Resize/Crop > Resize and a small window opens. In it, change the larger value to 64 (if its same values, then just change both to 64) and then uncheck the "Constrain Proportions" button and click OK. Now click File > File Save to save the image and then you can just right click and save the new resized image !

Lol !! arun has fans! ;)

at all da right places ;) !!!

cheers

ashok