Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ashokjp

Cheap Handsets / Poor Quality

Recently someone mentioned in the topic Samsung Is Expensive tat

LG 7130 get scratched easily..

I find my lg 2030 getting scratched easily.. Is that a common thing

in LG handsets.. Or is it that all b/w Reliance handsets of low quality ?

yes all the reliance handsets are of cheap quality.since reliance wants the peices to be custom made for them i heard they it very cheap in bulk.The phone which was supposed to be Rs 10,500 /- only when we bought it , actually costs reliance believe it or not just 50 bucks!!!!!!!!! :'( . No wonder it gets scratched very easily.

The phone which was supposed to be Rs 10,500 /- only when we bought it , actually costs reliance believe it or not just 50 bucks!!!!!!!!!  :'( . No wonder it gets scratched very easily.

All know LG 2030 doesnt cost Rs.10000 but

Are you sure it jus costs Rs50 B):P

Someone has mentioned phones are for sale in chennai between Rs 4000-5000

No no they get it for Rs 50 becos they buy it in bulk.Thay has bought so many pieces that its the largest selling model.As u can see the more pieces u buy their cost reduces per piece.

As u can see the more pieces u buy their cost reduces per piece.

i agree that the cost reduces ... but c'mon ... isnt 50 a little toooo cheap ? :'( i'm sure they're getting it for a dirt cheap rate ... but def not 50 ... look at the components inside the phone ... dont tell me all that put together can come upto 50 ... however large scale the production

defenitely not Rs.50 :'( even if they ordered 10 million handsets

Hey emmi,

Where did you find this information of 50 bugs ? :'(

I Guess April 1rst is over B)

...As u can see the more pieces u buy their cost reduces per piece.

Well Emmi,

extending your logic, if reliance orders even more (much much more) pieces, the cost would further drop...and tend towards ZERO???

I don't buy your reasoning...there are 2 components of cost in any manufactered item..fixed and variable. Only variable cost could become almost zero, but there's always a fixed cost associated with it, irrespective of the volumes.

Maybe I am deviating a little bit from the topic of this discussion...but could'nt stop myself!

Guys, tell me if I am wrong?

If u did probability and statistics it will be interesting to note that it will tend to zero but never become zero.The same case with infinity.

well those who have studied costing would know bout those principles.

the fixed cost of a product would remain the same in units and change in bulk

that means if the fixed cost of producing 1 unit is 100 then when you product 10 units it will be 1000. so it will affect the price and would remain the same for each unit produced.

and variable cost, it remains the same in total but changes in unit, for eg, salary to workers. it would be the same, but when u apportion it to the units producted, the higher the unit, the cost per unit would be lower.

but still i dont think the total cost could be 50, after all they have to buy the materials,

but i can understand how it could be low, since the software used is just a slight modification from some other model, so they might have saved a lot of money on that, in the same way some one posted details about LG BD2030, it seems very much like RD2030. so they might have used that design.

you could also think of it another way, the design for RD2030 might have been rejected by LG and reliance offered to buy it for a cheap rate, LG would ofcourse have no objection to it. and seeing the success of that model in india they might have come out with their model BD2030.

whatever it is reliance is certainly making a lot of money on the sale of handsets

Rs. 50/- thats impossible dude. As I read in Business Today during their launch it said they had accured pieces for around Rs. 4000-4500 in first lot and further low at Rs. 3500-4000 or sumthin in second lot. Possibly Reliance did not disclose the price officially but thinking of Rs. 50/- per handpiece I dont think its possible by any means

Well Emmi,

The whole thing is..

You might be thinking prices decreases always with an increase in the quantity of order..

Well if so there might be a stage of Rs 1 also ;)

So tat cant be, they have to be stable somewhere, where they can overcome the

manufacturing cost and also some profit.

i think the cost would be at least 1,000 no matter how high the volumes for that particular handset

maybe for other handsets, it could be lower ...

but 50 is not realistic even for china which has 2-3 times bigger operators than RIC

I don't think reliance has compromised on quality.

Mostly silver colloured handsets tend to get more scratched then their Black coloured plastic coloured counterparts. Example Motorola C131. Even the platic is of dirt cheap, Motorola C131 doesnt gets scratched easily.

I don't think reliance has compromised  on quality.

Mostly silver colloured handsets tend to get more scratched then their Black coloured plastic coloured counterparts. Example Motorola C131. Even the platic is of dirt cheap, Motorola C131 doesnt gets scratched easily.

Yeah ! I strongly agree with Greens. :)

Reliance phones (specially LG and Samsung are good quality phones)

Infact drop a Nokia phone from a 6 feet height and then do the same with LG and u will know the difference.

Nokia phones (I refer to Nokia because they are mostly used with GSMs) are light body with good finish (metallic, etc)

LG 2030 on the other hand has a strong body, sleek and good looks (even with the protruding antennae)

*------------------------------------------------------

Nokia tunes - single instrument

LG 2030, Samsung N191 - polyphonic tunes

*-----------------------------------------------------

Just because Reliance might be getting the phones for Rs.1000 odd, does not mean the phones are bad in quality...

:)