Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rahuldevnath

Review - Telson TWC 1150

Ok, almost 12 hours with this Wrist Watch…………ah………mobile phone………….Camera? Anyway…..it’s over hyped! First look at aluminium casing………….and surely you will feel you bought something costly and delicate. Ok, jokes apart. The phone comes with a aluminium casing, that’s a excellent method to carry your all electronics, like DIGI Cam, and cell phone along with all accessory. The case is extremely light weight as it with the phone. Initially at first I was feeling…..some kinda James Bond………..but really when I came to know about feature……I wished I would have not bought this phone. There are three ways of hearing the caller. 1. through inbuilt Speakerphone. (The best). 2. By the finger ring receiver, and the way you will use it will make you something over James Bond. And that’s a Joker. 3. IrDA Headset. Consider this you have to recharge the headset as well. And the headset can only be recharged with the Desktop cradle, which is something very bulky, and you would not carry it around if you are a frequent traveller. Finger Ring Receiver is the only way out, where you have to put your finger close to ears. Although Speaker phone is good, but you may not use it in a public place, giving that Speaker packs quiet a punch. Camera – Camera is pathetic, and simply you can only store images in the phone only and cannot transfer it to a PC, now what the heck? The 3G sites say that it’s 115~230Kbps data enabled, so does the manual……..and so does the phone, you can set the baud rate. God….know………how do you make use of it….there is not DATA Cable. As per the advertisement, it says, Photo Caller ID….but after 6 hours of Tweaking…….I’m still not able to figure out how you set different pics to different names……yes….you can set a default image for Incoming calls….Phone Off……..Phone On……………So, what’s the camera for? Secondly the camera is not something you can put on all the time…it’s fragile and can be easily unmounted. It’s not water resistant. And if you sweat a lot than….like me use some your logic and try to cover it up with a plastic or laminate it. One more thing is the size ot wrist band. you can adjust it. But you will need a Tech for that. Anyway I will write more as I get to know more about it.

Here are some pictures of the Telson Wrist Watch

1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Edited by Arun

Which Conectivity you are talking about? And one more, thing is there any guy from Delhi and Mumbai? If they can let me know if there's a DATA Cable for Telson Available? I would be in Mumbai on 15th and 20th of May. Please let me know.

There's a DATA Port, and IRda port for PC Communication. But even the Pics taken by the camera can only be kept in the phone. Secondly the phone is 115Kbps CDMA 1X Internet Modem enabeld. Now, why does R COnnect is not suported in such a costly and the top most phone in Reliance Invetory?

Some the features which are quoted, but i cannot find them

Telson TWC 1150 is equipped with a plug-in high-resolution 330,000 pixel digital camera that is included in the handset kit. It has a capacity to save up to 80 pictures which can be attached to the unique phone book. The Phone Book has a facility to store up to 200 entries with 4 numbers, email id and URL and Photo caller id so that whenever you receive calls the photo of the caller will be displayed on the screen. One can even set up to seven blinking colours depending on the caller's group.'

My phone is not showing any menu for that, nor does the Manual suggest anything like that? What the heck?

SPECIFICATIONS

> 153 kbps data capable

It is, but than why not R Connect? Or there is no data cable available?

Some Problems i'm facing with Telson, that i would be gald if somebody sorts it out.

1. How to configure Photo Caller ID?

2. How see, missed and recived call list?

3. Is there any type of PC Sync available for Telson, or in the future?

Well dude looks like u r the only person who bought the phone.Well iliked u r pics very much post some more

wow!

that thing is enormous

didn't realise it until i saw the pix with the other handsets (#3?)

i guess its for gadget freaks or teenagers

Some Problems i'm facing with Telson, that i would be gald if somebody sorts it out.

1. How to configure Photo Caller ID?

2. How see, missed and recived call list?

3. Is there any type of PC Sync available for Telson, or in the future?

Rahul, this is the official response from Reliance Infocomm...

1) I am not able to configure the 'Photo Caller ID' even though the

advertisements claim to have it. How is it configured ?

a ) Click a snap and save in Album.

b ) Go to Menu ( left key of the circle) ----------> then

Display---------------> Press 2 --------> Press Ok ---------> Select

Incoming Call Photo --------> Choose photo with left/right arrows

---------> Press Ok

The seleted picture will be dispayed whenever there is an incoming call.

Irrespective of the caller, the same photo wil be displayed each time the

user gets a call.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. How do we check the missed and recived call list ? There is no

option for it.

The missed and received call can be checked as below.

Pressing 'Call'button will provide a list of the last 50

dialed/received/missed calls.

Dialed numbers will appear as an Upward arrow.

Missed calls will appear as a Question Mark ( ? )

Incoming calls will appear as a Downward arrow

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Is there any type of PC Sync available for Telson, or in the future ?

PC sync is not available with Telson TWC 1150 handset.

"Irrespective of the caller, the same photo wil be displayed each time the

user gets a call" - Now that feature is unfair to be called as ''Photo Caller ID' ! :)

:o how can u call it a PHOTO caller id when it displays the same photo each time u get a call ? :D its the most stupid feature ive ever come across !!! :) makes no sense at all !

Isnt there any official Telson Website just check in ur manual or something I would like to know more about this phone. How can they call that A PHOTO CALLER ID :)

Isnt there any official Telson Website just check in ur manual or something I would like to know more about this phone. How can they call that A PHOTO CALLER ID :)

See the below link for some info

Product Range - Telson TWC 1150

Hi, well as i don't have much time, as i'm spending my holidays at Lonavla. Ok, so far as i thought u can olny get the same pic each time a call comes. Now isn't that really stupid. As in the advertisment it says "shows the photo of the caller"????? What do they mean. And simply we cannot do much with the pics taken by the phone, unlike Samsung or LG, u cannot transfer those pics to PC! I don't know how does Reliance justifies the hefty price tag of 24000 Bucks!!! LG Videos camera phone is much cheaper. Atleast they coiuld have given good software upgrade, as a actual Photo Caller ID, and some common features. And more thing I'm unable to figure out, How do u activate the Voice Tag in standby mode, i mean how do u make it listen.Every time i by hit or miss, the voice tag automatically comes!!

Some good points to add. Telson has suceeded in making the phone what is meant for, a watch! I mean, it actually comes to good that it's very light and is comfertable to wear. You can actually use it as a normal watch. Plus, even after backlight goes off, u can still see the time, in even bright sunglight.

almost all of the statements are true... and unfortunately no one contacts u from telson if u have a query!

See the below link for some info

Product Range - Telson TWC 1150

6236[/snapback]

As per the official site telson shouls have R-World/R-Connect as well as Data Cable. Reliance seems to have handicapped a good handset:

8 Lines (Icon/Soft 1 line, Text 6 lines)

- IrDA Voice & Data Communication

- Finger Ring Receiver

- My Menu ( Direct Access to The Favorite Menus through Shortcut )

- Embedded Color Games

- Digital Camera Photo

- Photo Mailing(Dependent on the network)

- Photo Idle Image & Screen Saver

- Luxurious Accessories

- Vibration/Sound, Volume Control, Alert. Mybell Storage Box

- Decoration : Idle Screen, Picture, Received Picture, Screen Brightness Control,

------------- Character Setting

- Calling Time, Internet Time, Information of Memory Status

- Saving Power Mode, Voice Recognition, Auto Reply Function

- Password Change, Number Plus, Call Restriction, NAM Setting, Software Version

- Check, Phone Initiation

- Calculator, World Time, Stopwatch, Replay of Recording

- Schedule Management, Alarm, Memo Edit

- Address Saving : 200

- Group Edit : 20

- Speed Dialing : 100

- Voice Numbering Edit : 100

- Caller ID display

- Three way calling

- Call Waiting

- Call Forwarding

- Value Added Service ( WAP 1.1, UTK, U-IMAP, SMS MO/MT )

- 16 Poly Midi Sound

- Speaker Phone

- 7 Color Alerting Lamp

- 330K External Camera

- IrDA Communication

- Voice Recording

- Luxurious Accessories

: IrDA Receiver, Finger Ring Ear Receiver, Ear Jack Receiver, Aluminum Accessory Case

- Mode : CDMA Single Model (IS95 A/B, cdma2000 1X)

- Frequency : 800MHz

- Dimension(With Battery) : 71(L) X 36.2(W) X 14.95mm(H)

- Weight(With Battery) : 98g(Standard Battery)

- Battery Capacity : Li-ion 600mAh

- Standby Time: 150hrs(Standard Battery)

- Talk time: Around 100min(Standard Battery)

- Color : Metal Silver, Blue Silver

Why does Reliance Cut Short facilities and add more nuisence

Well I bought a Nokia 6681 for 14500/-. And was highly impressed by the features this phone has. Bluetooth, 1.3 mp camera, pdf, doc, xl, ppt file reader and what not. And I was gifted this Telson TWWC-1150 by a friend. Its cost is 23000/- in the market and I don't know why. I couldn't find out why anyone should buy this set by spending 23000/-. The camera is horrible, it doesn't have a bluetooth, no datacable, and the User interface is also not up to the mark. It looks hep. If u r a college kid then u can definitely wear it to garner som attention but for some one looking for features it is a dissappointment.

Please tell me if the CEC model of this device supports reliance IS95 A/B, cdma2000 1X network, since telson does.

CEC Model: http://shopkami.com/component/virtuemart/?...mp;category_id=

Please also fo tell me the difference between the telson and CEC device.

I want to buy this device but im confused on how to use it. Do I always have to plug it to my ear to align it with the wireless ear device ?

Do they both support FM and MMC ?

Please do let me know at sameerk1980@gmail.com | 9300431113

Reliance sold this handset for Rs. 5000 from there web stores.

Now this handset is hardly available anywhere.

Reliance sold this handset for Rs. 5000 from there web stores.

Without warranty as warranty itself expire in 2005