Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Lets Ask Arun

but dear kamal this forum is not having a sole purpose of buying and selling ........

Dear friend, thats what I too want to say, that this forum is not having a sole purpose of buying and selling. But if we make groups like that then certainly their's going to have a big problem for our New Members.

Rules should be the same for all members. Only the limit for Newbies for posting in Buy / Sell Bazaar Forum could be set.

i agree that newbies can never b trusted sellers .....

You had answered it yourself my dear friend.

If a Newbie can never become a TRUSTED SELLER at our beloved forum, then why a Newbie would like to remain a member of our forum where their are no chances for them to become a TRUSTED SELLER in the FUTURE ?

Regards.

Well Then Can We Have a MiddleMan who shall recieve the money as well the stuff and he sends it to the seller and buyer and these middleman should be a Mod Or Some 1 trusted whos stays near 2 One party......

@arun, I have been noticing that your display pic keeps changing every other day..!! thts really good and chik..!! Is it possible to do it for us also??

Edited by Honest
<< Post Moved >>

Ofcourse, you can. Please find the tutorial to the same below:

Prerequisites: A few images for avatar (all same size), some web space from your web host, ability to use .htaccess files on webspace

Step One - Preparation

Create a new folder (e.g. avatar) Place all of your avatar images into a a sub folder within (e.g. images), ensure they are all of the same extension, and rename them as numbers, starting with the number 1 and incrementing by 1 each time.

Step Two - .htaccess

In order to recognize the avatar, we will have the script saved as a .gif, but as default, Apache only parsers files with the PHP extension through the PHP engine, so we create a .htaccess file in the root folder (avatar) with the following.

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .gif

Step Three - Script

If your first avatar was 1.gif and your last was y.gif, then your script will look like this

&lt;?php
header('Content-type: image/gif');
$random = mt_rand(1, y);
$av = "images/".$random . ".gif";
readfile($av);
?&gt;

The script generates a random number between one and y, it provides the header as a gif file, and reads the gif itself from the images folder. Save the file as avatar.gif

Credit: Michael P, Invision Power Services

Greatest it is purely a php script. But the most important is accessing the file .htaccess and Arun better know it than me.

How about a trusted seller member group (instead of having a seperate sub forum) so that the trusted seller can be recognized easily from the member group icon?

this is a good move, may be another thing can also be added like " sellers feedback/ reputation from the buyers'.

this will encourage people who buy to give honest replies and warn if the deal is not adhered to.

This will also keep sellers on their toes to give a good service and increase sale.

@ARUN

since yesterday i m notcing that new entires made in buy and sell section is also displayed in "todays active topics"

nice move

Well, it was disabled earlier after some members complained that Buy/Sell topics should not be listed in View New Posts, but now I've got complaints from members (sellers) who wants it to be listed in View New Posts so that other members can see them.

^^^^

good move

i had posted a query regarding the (Read me)Pendekar blank.txt. This file seems to be from a virus or a result of virus. I tried to search on the net but could nt find any worthwhile solution.

For the experts here i tried to upload the file in the topic.. but since then the tpic ..it seems was taken off the board.

Can you give me some details on the issue.

i am getting error messages continuously and the system has gotten very slow too.. the trojan program that the error message referes to is Trojan.Win3.KillAV.nh.

also another error message is "The application or DLL c:\\windows/system32\tg322750.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette"

the problem is i dont have any original diskette with me as this laptop was received with XP home preloaded and without a diskette.

kindly help.

i had posted a query regarding the (Read me)Pendekar blank.txt. This file seems to be from a virus or a result of virus. I tried to search on the net but could nt find any worthwhile solution.

For the experts here i tried to upload the file in the topic.. but since then the tpic ..it seems was taken off the board.

i am getting error messages continuously and the system has gotten very slow too.. the trojan program that the error message referes to is Trojan.Win3.KillAV.nh.

also another error message is "The application or DLL c:\\windows/system32\tg322750.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette"

the problem is i dont have any original diskette with me as this laptop was received with XP home preloaded and without a diskette.

kindly help.

Please do not attach virus files in the forum.

Hi Pals,

Just to keep the forum discussions healthy - and unbiased, I've moved a few topics elsewhere. The admins will definetly go thro the posts and the feedback given will be considered. The reason for this movement is that the post is garnering the kind of attention that shows Rimweb on the whole in a negative light...

Everyone is entitled to their views - but for a common good - we need to suppress some suggestions (while we aggressively work on a common solution).

Hope I'm forgiven for this action, and hope that all concerned parties - try to understand my concern.

Cheers

karki

Good move, but maybe a tad bit late. Anyway better late than never:)

I second it.

Great Help from Staff :clap: I wish you very best.

kindly help.

Pl. accept my apologies for the attachment. but before i did attach it a thorough scan was performed by kaspersky and it was not found to be infected. it seemed to be a calling card. i am still having the problem. can anyone pl. help in this matter. if not i will not raise the query again. thanks.

kindly help.

Pl. accept my apologies for the attachment. but before i did attach it a thorough scan was performed by kaspersky and it was not found to be infected. it seemed to be a calling card. i am still having the problem. can anyone pl. help in this matter. if not i will not raise the query again. thanks.

Trojan.Win3.KillAV.nh Threat

This can be removed very easily Please check Symantec Hope your System will be file soon.

u can mail me the file i will try if i can

Dear Arun Bhai,

How I can attach gif files to text editor? I have attached one in this post Merri christmas. But it is not animating. For that what should I want to do? It is opening in a new window. Awaiting your reply

thanks

Santhosh

Edited by santhoshavanoor

:previous:

Santosh may be its the problem with that file, bcoz gif files are uploaded various times in forum & they are animating finely.

You can have a look at Honest bhai's avatar & also Akshat Jain's avatar.

How I can attach gif files to text editor? I have attached one in this post Merri christmas. But it is not animating. For that what should I want to do? It is opening in a new window. Awaiting your reply

^^^

My dear Santhosh, just upload the file to an external sites like Imageshak and then insert the image here. It will then animate.

Regards.

Well, its not animating because the image has been resized.

Santosh, plz try to resize the image & then post, it will be run finely.

^^^

My dear Santhosh, just upload the file to an external sites like Imageshak and then insert the image here. It will then animate.

Regards.

Well, its not animating because the image has been resized.

Santosh, plz try to resize the image & then post, it will be run finely.

Thank you Honest Bhai, and Asit Bhai.

I'll try to post some other gif pictures. Aist Bhai, in which software we can resize the gif files? For resizing jpeg files I'm always using Microsoft Picture manager. I tried with it, but no animation can save.

Thanks

Santhosh

:previous:

I have never resized a GIF picture, and also don't have the software.

But try a google search, there are many softwares available & also there is a online application which provides GIF creation & editing. So try google for it.

Arun, Is reporting to the Mods working finely?

I have reported http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=17057 one to be merged with :

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=13150, but still no action has been taken?

Even I have also posted on the same thread to move that, but still a big no. What happened?