Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Lets Ask Arun

The rules haven't been formulated yet for pinning topics. Few "trusted seller" topics have been pinned for now. Obviously the number of topics should decrease and we will post an announcement in the Buy/Sell forum once the rules are formulated.

^^^ Thanks for the reply Arun.

But this preferencial treatment would automatically take away the credibility out of other sellers, as less experienced/Newbies will only trust 'Pinned Sellers'.. irrespective of whether they have the required product or not.

Suggestion:

'Trusted Seller' Rating could be earned in an opinion poll by all Buyers/Members. Star Rating can also be an option. (These ratings can be displayed only after 25+ votes to make it more genuine)

Then definately, ppl currently projected as 'Trusted Sellers' are actually proved trusted & certified by general Public (Members).

In general, Trustworthiness/Goodwill comes to an entity due to customer experience/word of mouth & not by obtaining ISO-9001 certification..

^^^

Dont Worry

Buy/Sell forum rules will be formulated very soon.

Suggestion:

'Trusted Seller' Rating could be earned in an opinion poll by all Buyers/Members. Star Rating can also be an option. (These ratings can be displayed only after 25+ votes to make it more genuine)

Then definately, ppl currently projected as 'Trusted Sellers' are actually proved trusted & certified by general Public (Members).

Exactly what I am planing, IP.Board 3 will have member rating feature which will help with that.

Exactly what I am planing, IP.Board 3 will have member rating feature which will help with that

i m waiting for that

Suggestion:

Exactly what I am planing, IP.Board 3 will have member rating feature which will help with that.

yeah, that wud be gr8

Hi Arun,

I tried to use the RSS feed of Rimweb. But what i am getting is a list of recent posted threads with the first post in each thread.

for example. i have a made a post here, now in RSS i am getting 'Lets ask Arun' thread and if i open that i am getting the post #1 not the last one..

can this be changed ?

^^^

I do not think it is possible, however let other techies reply. Even i want a solution. What I do is, I click on the topic interesting to me, read it and then click "View New Posts" at the top. But this work only if you are logged in. You can also subscribe to RSS feeds from your 6265 mobile through Opera Mini. I have been using it for quite some time now. The RSS feeds are a bit late always and the "View New Posts" link is fastest.

@Kumaar Shah how can i add rss feed in 6265 opera ?

^^^

The same way you would have done it on your computer. Click on the RSS icon (which is available at the bottom left side or the top left side - usually they are bright orange in colour) and you will get a "Subscribe" option screen next. Click on subscribe and you are done. I am always logged in, so I use the option stated in my above post.

I want to know about the time settings in Rimweb

As I noted the IST is 03.50 P.M but its showing 04.47P.M in Rimweb!!

How to correct this?

Moreover, when I check new posts of the day at around 3-4 P.m. in "View new posts" section, I see only few posts say 5-6..

So is the timings in Rimweb doesn't sync with IST?

Or I need to change some settings?

My Controls > Board Settings >

"Auto correct DST?"

"Is daylight saving time in effect?"

Both settings should be "unchecked"

^^^

Done :)

Thanks

Hi Arun,

I tried to use the RSS feed of Rimweb. But what i am getting is a list of recent posted threads with the first post in each thread.

for example. i have a made a post here, now in RSS i am getting 'Lets ask Arun' thread and if i open that i am getting the post #1 not the last one..

can this be changed ?

Since long even I wanted that..

But "View Recent Posts" section on the top of Rimweb helped me

I think its fine :)

@Arun

Though the time issue is solved,

Today's post in "View recent post" section shows on 3-4 posts even at 10 in the night..

Check the SC attached and say me what the issue is.

Do you mean "View New Posts" link? The "View New Posts" link will show the new posts after your last visit to the forum only. For example, I visited the forum previously at around 7 PM. When I clicked the "View New Posts" link, it showed the list of new posts between 7 PM and 9:30 PM and there were 4 results. From your access log I can see that you had visited the forum earlier today.

^^^

Oh.. then its ok..

I thought its 'cos of some bug :)

It means whenever i visit "My new post" section then all the posts till then is automatically set as read and the next time I check it, it shows only unread posts.. right? Does the same system applies to "Week" posts?

BTW when will you remove the post moderation for me?

Its bit annoying to see posts after few moments of publishing :(

Do you think am in genuine?

BTW when will you remove the post moderation for me?

Its bit annoying to see posts after few moments of publishing :(

Do you think am in genuine?

Don't worry, it will be removed sometime in the future for you.

@Arun

Can I use my blog address in my signature??

Please PM me the URL

As you may have noticed, the Forum Guidelines have been updated with the updated Signature rule. The link restriction will prevent users from 'advertising/spamming' in the forum through their signatures. And the image size restriction will help in faster loading of forum pages. If anyone is using signatures which is against the guideline, please remove/edit it as soon as possible.
Signatures should not contain any links/hyperlinks (active or non-active) to external websites. However, links to websites related to RIMweb.com, RIMweb Affiliates, Reliance Infocomm or its associated websites, Invision Power Services, social service/charity organisations are exempted. Signatures can be no larger than 400 pixels wide and 60 pixels in height. The whole image cannot exceed more the 15 KB in file size. Be sure your signature does not go over these specifications before posting it. This also includes any text you may place around your signature. Your Signatures/Avtars will be taken off, if it abides any of the above rules, as per the decision of an Administrator/Moderator.

In reference to the above, off-late we have seen members giving links to other websites, profiles, selling their wares etc. Therefore not exactly abiding by the set rules. (The Signature rules aren't very clear for 'Sellers')

For eg. The below post has a Signature i.e. half a page long. (Any rules for no of lines here?)

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?s=&a...st&p=144655

Also, the very next Signature has Big Fonts, not really in Caps but pretty Big to capture unnecessary attention.. we have rules on Posting, but not for Signatures as far as Caps are concerned ?

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?s=&a...st&p=144661

This time.. requesting Rimwebians to point out other Signatures if found inappropriate & requesting Arun to re-frame Signature rules.

Edited by ACS

Signatures edited.

Please do not use more than 9 lines (including blank/break space) and use small fonts only.

Please use the "Report" button to report a signature

Please use the "Report" button for reporting posts that you feel inappropriate and it will be dealt promptly.

i am not able to attach files in my post.. screen shot included.. i tried attaching .bmp, .jpg, .png and .txt files, all failed..

2q2pv28.jpg

10z7mn7.jpg

fpbb6w.jpg

Edited by savramesh