Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Roaming Charges Are Set To Fall By February 2007

^^^

Why is Airtel cribbing, then? Really bad of them. They only want more ARPUs.

I hope TRAI does not allow them and COAI to increase local call charges.

AirTel does it first !

Airtel reduces roaming tariffs by up to 56 percent

Press Trust of India

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 1828 hours IST

Telecom major Bharti Airtel reduced roaming tariffs by up to 56 per cent and also scrapped the rental for roaming services as per the telecom regulator TRAI's guidelines issued last month.

The roaming tariff, which would be applicable from February 15, will reduce the rates from 40-56 per cent as compared with the current market rates and will benefit Bharti's over 33 million subscribers.

A mobile user on roaming would now have to pay Rs 1.40 per minute for making a local call as against existing rates of Rs 2.89-3.09.

The charges for receiving incoming calls on roaming would come down to Rs 1.75 per minute and that for making STD calls to Rs 2.40 per minute.

The current charge for receiving incoming calls and making STD calls while roaming stand at Rs 3.54-3.99.

The monthly rental of Rs 49 has also been done away with, it said, adding the outgoing SMS while roaming would now cost Rs 2 from existing Rs 3.45.

"With these tariffs, all Airtel mobile users will benefit from our seamless network and have the opportunity to make calls while travelling anywhere in India," Bharti Airtel Joint President Mobile Services Sanjay Kapoor said

^^^

My dear friends, lets hope that all other operators too will follow it by today onwards.

Today onwards we all can roam / make / receive calls at cheaper rates. Surely its a cool step taken by TRAI.

Thanks to TRAI

Cheers.

Reliance Communication Announces New Roaming Rates for Customers

IT News Online

2007-02-15

Reliance Communications has announced its new roaming rates for customers. The company has completely done away with roaming rentals on Post-paid and is offering subscribers on Pre-paid up to 44% lower rates while roaming.

"A lot of customers have chosen Reliance for the unique and significant benefits on Roaming. This is because our roaming propositions have been the best in the industry and after today's change, our offerings remain unique and superior," said S.P. Shukla, President - Personal Business, Reliance Communications.

The company offers its subscribers a wide range of services while roaming such as data connectivity, Reliance-World facility, single number customer care, anywhere recharging through E-recharge and paper vouchers.

"All the above reasons in addition to zero roaming rentals, lower calling rates and pan-India coverage now stack up to make a Reliance offering - the best bet for any subscriber," said Reliance Communication.

The new Roaming rates now offered are:

Local Outgoing calls while Roaming

On-net Mobile - Rs. 1.40

On-net Fixed - Rs. 1.40

Inter-circle outgoing calls while Roaming

On-net Mobile - Rs. 2.40

On-net Fixed - Rs. 2.40

Incoming calls while Roaming - Rs. 1.75

RCL has increased the roaming call rates for all postpaid customers and even DAPO, One India plan customers will have to pay the revised rates. which is 1.40 / 2.40 and i/c at 1.75.

My roaming usage normally is around 500 minutes and with this increase in charges, I will have to shell out almost Rs 1000 extra every month than what I am paying now. This is too bad - TRAI should intervene and restrict RCL.

From my side, I have emailed RCL strongly that the new rates are too, too high. I got back an automated reply that the email from me reflects the concerns of the subscribers and that it will be looked into with the interests of the company and the subscribers jointly.

Now what to do? Only the ONP of RCL is the saving grace - all other frills have been removed one by one. A new customer will not join RCL network because the same rates are available elsewhere with better handsets and far far better customer services.

It is apparent that RCL wants to recover atleast one years loss of roaming rental income by this new, suicidal move of theirs. Falling subscriber numbers will deal some sense into their heads and maybe 2 -4 months down the line, they will go back to status quo. Till then the existing customers will have paid them back atleast 1 years roaming rental income loss. They were eagerly waiting for this opportunity to charge abnormal roaming rates. So folks now VALUE ROAMING is no longer available. In contrast, BSNL has reduced the roaming rates and kept the i/c roaming rates at the same levels existing at Rs 1.50 for Plan 325, Rs1 for Plan 525, Re 0.65 for Plan 725.

SHAME on RCL for looting customers in the name of TRAI.

Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Airtel and Reliance giving what is the Max allowed by TRAI.

There is no news as such. As this is compulsion every Operator will be offering same.

I am eagerly Waiting for some thing which is Below than TRAI's allowable.

Reliance is fast going down the drain. Though I am a wastewater engineer, I refuse to treat the sewage in which Reliance is flowing and will let it flow to be dumped in the Arabian Sea.

Can we take out a morcha somewhere with AA Murdabaad!!!

I guess Vodafone is the only hope left, but with the high acquisition charges it paid to HTIL, I doubt it would be able to do much.

Airtel and Reliance giving what is the Max allowed by TRAI.

There is no news as such. As this is compulsion every Operator will be offering same.

I am eagerly Waiting for some thing which is Below than TRAI's allowable.

no one will take the first step now!!! all are established players, back in 2002 reliance wasnt thats y it started a price war. but my guess is might b hutch will try and give more benefits to customers just to signal its entry << i think :winko:

Reliance is fast going down the drain. Though I am a wastewater engineer, I refuse to treat the sewage in which Reliance is flowing and will let it flow to be dumped in the Arabian Sea.

Can we take out a morcha somewhere with AA Murdabaad!!!

I guess Vodafone is the only hope left, but with the high acquisition charges it paid to HTIL, I doubt it would be able to do much.

yeah right said RTL is going to drain these days AA is only concentrating on his energy buissness (his very own UP + BIHAR) :Contento:

Called up *333 yesterday, they said roaming pack is still available.

my experience says dont believe in *333 . they are last ones to get updated info

Now we have Better Rate for Incoming Call, Outgoing Local and STD, Outgoing SMS and No Rental or Activation Charges.

But Soon All Operator will find the Way to Loot us by ISD and GRPS (Data Uses) , MMS which might be heavily charged by Operators in Roaming in Future.

Hey TRAI can u listen this

Edited by hpnasik

We do not have better rates, most of the Reliance Postpaid customers are at a loss, instead of home tariffs in roaming, and R2R STD rates for incoming, most of us would be paying a much higher charge while roaming. Consider my incoming calls were more or less free as am in DAPO but will have to shell out Rs 1.75 per minute.

And my parents use One India Plan, instead of Re 1 per min on roaming now they have to pay almost double that amount. This s**ks. And this move takes away the last advantage that Reliance still had over other GSM players, and coupled with the pricey handsets without much to choose from, I believe Reliance is now at a gross disadvantage. At least I would not recommend Reliance to anyone now.

Reliance have drastically reduced the roaming rates for both prepaid and postpaid :angry: . Even the rentals for postpaid roaming has been removed. Finally its a good decision by TRAI and by all the mobile operators.

@puneet,

all is not lost. You can activate the roaming pack at rs 99/month and pay Re0.30 pm for i/c calls. For o/g, you can use the calling cards which have rates of rs 1.50, Rs 1.25 and Re 1 for the 115/225/675 cards.

But even this way, your outgo on roaming charges will more than double.

Let us all start a mass exodus movement from Reliance. Reliance is a sheer waste from now on. No new customer will enter their postpaid segment anymore with their lousy looking LG, classic, kyocera, nokias etc. and their new policies which change every week. One after the other, they are removing or making it very costly for us to remain with them. Let them remove their ONP also and then we will all switch over to Vodafone. Atleast we will have the consolation of having world class customer services. What say????

Now its official....

Look at the reliance press release...

http://www.reliancecommunications.co.in/we...tail.jsp?id=218

Local outgoing calls while Roaming for other phones Rs.1.79 > TRAI max limit Rs.1.40

Inter-circle outgoing calls while Roaming for other phones Rs. 2.49 > TRAI max limit Rs.2.40

TRAI order is very clear to second decimal place and the language is very crisp without any loop-hole for ambiguity in understanding.

This clear violation on the part of Reliance has to be punished with max fine possible.

Acting against the regulator should never be tolerated in democracy.

Reliance should have guts to publish this press release on their website.

If this move is not punished then the existence of the Regulator itself will become a mockery.

If Reliance had any reservation it should have approached prescribed tribunal but this authoritative move is totally undemocratic.

Anil thinks government machinery is under his hand. He should be aptly replied.

Airtel has just hit the Regulator's max limit without violating. It shows their fear/respect for regulator.

ROAMING TARIFFS

PREPAID POSTPAID

OUTGOING CALLS

Local (Intra Circle) calls to Mobile/Fixed Phone Rs 1.40 Rs 1.40

STD (Inter-circle) calls to Mobile/Fixed Phone Rs 2.40 Rs 2.40

INCOMING CALLS

From Anywhere Rs 1.75 Rs 1.75

Edited by kesav

This is most absurd.

RCL is trying to loot even more now. Somebody should give them the stick now.

How can they violate TRAI's recommendations???

Are these rates applicable for both post and prepaid or only for prepaid? It is not very clear from their website about this. Probably it is for both. One never knows with RCL now.

The solution is only as what I have stated earlier in post # 39. Even the CC are suggesting this openly now. So it appears that RCL's strategy is to maximise cash any way they can. Forum members may please check with CC again if this is actually possible. RCL can anytime stop the usage while roaming of the calling cards.

Edited by khs123

Address

THE TELECOM REGULATORY AUTHORITY OF INDIA

Mahanagar Doorsanchar Bhawan,

(next to Zakir Hussain College)

Jawaharlal Nehru Marg

(Old Minto Road)

New Delhi : 110 002

Telephone No. : 91-11-2321 1934

Fax No. : 91-11-2321 3294

E-mail : trai@del2.vsnl.net.in

Complaint TRAI For the Same

Edited by hpnasik

Thanks hpnasik,

But there is no response or even acknowledgement from trai@del2.vsnl.net.in.

Anyway, i will keep trying or is it TRAI'ing???

I have Participated in so many TRAI Open House Discussion and they don't Acknowledge but all my Suggestion in respect of roaming rental, domestic leased line discussion and Mobile Number Portability have be taken into reports.

reduction in roaming charge has come as a blessing 4 me, earlier i didnt use roaming coz of 50rs rent and high call rates, now its reasonable call charge and no rent, i will surely use it. i use hutch delhi

This is most absurd.

RCL is trying to loot even more now. Somebody should give them the stick now.

How can they violate TRAI's recommendations???

Are these rates applicable for both post and prepaid or only for prepaid? It is not very clear from their website about this. Probably it is for both. One never knows with RCL now.

The solution is only as what I have stated earlier in post # 39. Even the CC are suggesting this openly now. So it appears that RCL's strategy is to maximise cash any way they can. Forum members may please check with CC again if this is actually possible. RCL can anytime stop the usage while roaming of the calling cards.

I sent an email to corporate office. In reply they have sent a file stating the roaming tarrif applicable. The website contains the wrong information. They have told that they will update is soon. The text from file is copies here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reliance Value Roaming Service

Roaming Charges

For Postpaid

Inform Customers that we offer to you “Carry your Home Plan” while Roaming for the outgoing calls i.e. all the outgoing call charges remains same as per existing tariff plan in which he/she has enrolled.

W.e.f. 15th Feb’07, Roaming rental will be Nil & Call Charges while roaming will be as per below table for all Postpaid Tariff Plans

Call Type Rate

Local Rs.1.40

STD Rs.2.40

Incoming Rs.1.75

Incoming calls will be free when you are roaming within your Home circle/paired Circle. (Intra-circle Roaming)

For Prepaid

W.e.f. 15th Feb’07, Roaming rental will be Nil & Call Charges while roaming will be as per below table for all RCV plans

Call Type Rate

Local Rs.1.40

STD Rs.2.40

Incoming Rs.1.75

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor Reliance Website always Confuse the Customers and create so much Topics over here. Everybody in India knows the New Rate. and the stupid person who have edited the Web page for the Company DOnt.

Poor Reliance Website always Confuse the Customers and create so much Topics over here. Everybody in India knows the New Rate. and the stupid person who have edited the Web page for the Company DOnt.

reliance has lost all its advantage..i surrendered my FWP yesterday..now planning to drop the

other connection(postpaid mobile)..the new tariff plan s**ks..On calling the CC, the ignorant

people starts talking about TRAI..even without knowing its full form...i plan to take some

corporate plan..with some GSM operator..

Finally the correct information is available on reliance website.

http://www.reliancecommunications.co.in/Co...ue_roaming.html

Tata Indicom's Roaming is absolutely amazing.

Incoming :: T-T STD charges Max limited to Rs.1.75

Outgoing ::

Local:

As per home tariff Max limited to Rs. 1.40

STD:

As per home STD tariff Max limited to Rs. 2.40

TATA, this is the way to go...

Come on Guys,

We together salute TATA. ;):clap::clap:

Only TATA has implemented TRAI's order in spirit just not in words.