Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Now I Love Iphone

Here comes unlocked iPhone........

To be launched In Australia.......

Much more good news, its going to be 3G. :Sorprendido::Sorprendido:

So guys, wait for June if you're planing to buy one.

Australia will have an iPhone by early June 2008 and it will be a 3G, unlocked version and more surprisingly unlocked, or so claims the MacTalk forum, an online discussion site for all things Apple.

A forum administrator on the site alleges that Australian Apple resellers have been contacted by the company in relation to the retail strategy of the handset. This has given strength to the belief that the iPhone will not be sold solely by one mobile operator, which is currently the case in the US, as well as Ireland, UK, France and Germany.

In fact, MacTalk alleges that Apple resellers in Australia have been told by Apple itself that the iPhone will be available from several mobile carriers and this would mean Apple has completely changed its retail strategy for the handset, no longer requiring it to be tied to one particular phone company.

If the iPhone launches in Australia in the first week of June, it will coincide with the opening of the first ever Apple stores in Melbourne and Sydney.

Further speculation on the iPhone suggests that the 3G version, which the Wall Street Journal reporter Walter Mossberg predicted, could be available at launch in Australia because all carriers in the country have 3G networks.

Meanwhile, iPodObserver.com leaked a picture it claims is the new 3G iPhone, which sports a glossy black back that would replace the matt steel finish of current models.

source :: http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.n...yid=single10724

As far as I know, you cannot even forward your messages on the iphone. Then why so much over hype over this phone.

^^^ using third party applications u can easily forward messages...

@Rex...

yes u can buy one in the US and unlock it and use it here... u neednt take anyones help but for your own... visit http://i.unlock.no for a complete step by step tutorial...

Edited by Dj

can iphone be used in a reliance network??

its a GSM phone... reliance is a CDMA network they dont match...

simply put : NO

iPhone to Get VLC Player

The iPhone will soon have an alternate video player that, with any luck, will offer a solution to always having to use iTunes to convert and transfer videos. Zodttd has developed an iPhone VLC player that will also work on the iPod Touch. Of course the player is still being tested and comes with only a few decoders as of now but that will change over time as the developers will no doubt increase that list. It will provide playback for MPEG / MPG, AVI, MP3 file formats as well as other media formats.

img_67971_iphone_vlc.jpg

Hopefully after the research has been conducted and tests complete, the media application should also include decoders for formats like, DivX, WMA and WMV, with support for FLAC and OGG.

Stay Tuned.

Courtesy : Tech2

^^^ using third party applications u can easily forward messages...

Third party application just to forward a message! How ridiculous!

iPhone might have got much hype, but I would like to reproduce here some points which I wrote in this forum elsewhere and which should be taken into account before buying an iPhone.

iPhone does NOT support MMS. When someone sends an MMS to you, and you are using iPhone, nothing happens. You don't get a notification either.

Nothing can be copied and pasted a la what you can easily do in a Pocket PC or in any other smart mobile.

You don't have the facilities like instant messaging or voice dialing. Voice dialing is a feature you can find even in sub-Rs1000 handsets.

You cannot use a stylus on its touchscreen. It likes to be touched!

Because the keypad works on touch only and because everybody's fingers are not the same size or shape, it isn't hard to make mistakes. It takes time to get used to the virtual keyboard.

Camera is decent but not superb. It has a 2.0 MP cam. But no digital zoom or flash! And worst of it is, you can't video record unless you have third-party applications!

You just can't buy a bluetooth headset and start listening iTunes over A2DP profile. It strictly supports the Apple iPhone Bluetooth headset only. Another bottleneck is you cannot transmit data like contacts or pictures via bluetooth!

iPhone has fixed storage capacity only - either 8GB or 16 GB of flash drive. But you cannot expand its storage capacity as it doesn't have memory expansion slot! In today's world, even 16 GB will make you feel suffering from penury.

I just made a list of negatives about iPhone. Still as it stands, the iPhone is worth to be owned if you want to get noticed. But are third party applications available for all the above bottlenecks? I hope the new version of iPhone, which is going to be launched shortly will be devoid of these problems. Despite having the drawbacks, it has got the power to make style statements.

Now Games for Apple iPhones, iPods

90057_matter.jpg

Ubisoft is the latest to jump onto the "games for iPhone and iPod Touch" bandwagon. The maker of popular titles including Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six and Haze will now join the likes of Electronic Arts (EA), Sega, and PopCap in developing games for Apple Computer's iPhone and iPod Touch devices.

Executive Producer of "Games for Everyone", Ubisoft, Pauline Jacquey, said, "At the minute, we're only showing DS and Wii games, but we'll be working on all other platforms. We'll be making games not only on PC, PS3, and 360, but on the iPhone and iPod Touch as well."

Actually, it's Ubisoft's sister company Gameloft that looks after the mobile wing of the business but Jacquey said they would be borrowing more from "Games for Everyone".

Game developers seem to be drawn by the touch-screen aspect of the latest generation iPod and iPhone devices. Yet, it might be a long way for an Apple iPod/iPod Touch/iPhone to beat a Nintendo DS as the future portable gaming gadget of choice!

Courtesy : Techtree

Gizmo lovers excited over likely launch of 3G iPhone

NEW DELHI: Even as gizmo lovers await the official launch of Apple's new iPhone towards the end of the year, the market in India is abuzz - as in the US - that the company would debut the iPhone ver.2 or the 3G model as early as Monday.

Apple Inc is hosting the World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC) starting Monday in San Francisco and it was during the same conference last year that Apple chief executive Steve Jobs announced the launch date for the original iPhone.

"I have the first iPhone and I am mighty pleased with its out-of-the-world functionality. I'll sell it as soon as I can lay my hands on the new one," said Geet Tandon, an avid techie, unable to hide his excitement.

"I can't wait to get my hands on the new iPhone, which supposedly will have additional features and better looks," he added.

The buzz over the new version being showcased in San Francisco was further fuelled by a memo to employees in May sent by AT&T, iPhones's sole provider in the US.

"No additional vacation will be approved between June 15 and August 12," said the company, which had issued a similar notice last year before the phone's launch.

When the original iPhone from the apple stable - a crossover between an iPod and a smart-phone - hit the market last year, lack of 3G capabilities and a built-in global positioning system (GPS) receiver were seen as few of the disadvantages.

Nevertheless, the flaws did not seem to deter the buyers, according to a recent study by the technology think-tank Gartner. Apple rose to number three position in the worldwide smart-phone category in terms of market share, selling more than 1.7 million handsets in just about nine months.

The serpentine lines outside Apple and AT&T stores made headlines in India, despite the fact that apple at that time had not disclosed any plans of marketing their new product in the country.

The phone was named the Time magazine's invention of the year. And despite not being officially available in the country, the phone was voted as the gadget of the year by most tech shows in India.

Gaffar market in Karol Bagh, the go-to place in the city if you want the shiny chrome plated phone, does not seem to know about by the new development. Santosh Singh, who deals specifically with the iPhone, said he had no idea if a new version of the iPhone was being launched.

"If that happens, it will be good for the business as the new phone will take sometime to seep in the Indian market and when the supply is less the profits are always high," he said.

It is not all rumours that make the whole hype surrounding the 3G iPhone believable given the secretive and surprising marketing strategies of Apple.

During a meeting in California in November 2007, AT&T chief executive Randall Stephenson (in what has been regarded as a slip-up) told reporters that his company was working with Apple for the 3G version of iPhone.

Apple fan websites and iPhone forums all across the web are on fire. Not only can one find the "leaked pictures" but also copies of apple's patent application for the phone to the US Patent Office on these websites.

And what can one expect of the new phone? The list is endless but 3G and a GPS are more or less confirmed. Apple might also include flash player in its Safari browser and the phone would have window's media format.

Avid blogger Zibri (real name not disclosed), who has founded the popular blog ziphone.org and also creator of ziphone - an unlocking utility software for the phone - says the launch of the next iPhone version will be sooner than expected.

"We're near the event everyone is expecting. It seems Apple at last has included an embedded GPS. It features a category 8 HSDPA connection (3G) for a top speed of 7.2 MB/s. The main iPhone CPU will remain unchanged."

At one moment few months back I was planning to buy a PDA not Multimedia phone. I shortlisted iPhone , O2 Atom Life and Viewty.

But just after watching this you-tube video I got answer which one to buy.

yes..... iphone and viewty have good browsers but no flash and tell me how many sites you visit without even a small flash incredient?

Now I am really happy with O2 Atom Life with 3G and great PDA Phone even launched. Only camera quality with low light ****s. But hey most of them are not good with low light.

C Mahendra

Jailbroken iPhones Get Video Caller Tunes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the iPhone is still a work in progress and the list of things that need to get fixed are already under way. The latest addition to the iPhone in terms of its functionality is iFoneTec’s VideoTone app.

img_74021_iphone_vidtones.jpg

As the name implies, this will allow iPhone users to switch from using just an image as a personalized caller background to using a video instead. Users can select a contact and via the 'Personalize' option select a video of their choice rather than just an image or photo - just like in most high end cell phones out there. Of course your handset will need to be jailbroken for the application to actually work, so in case yours is, you can download the app here and add the set up to your installer. Happy calling!

Apple Launches iPhone v2.0 OS

The launch of the iPhone 3G has everyone excited, but what about those few who decided to stick with the original? Fear not, for v2.0 (OS) is now available for download from Apple.

However, as great as it may be that a few of the 3G’s goodies will now be incorporated into your first-gen iPhone, Apple has stated that should you install the v2.0 OS into your existing handset without backing up your data (for which you can use iTunes) you’ll lose all of it.

img_75271_v2.0_os.jpg

The update procedure is fairly simple. Connect the handset to the PC, open up your iTunes application, and simply click on the update button that appears in the iPhone menu in iTunes. Do remember to back up your data first. The final step is to just sit back and wait.

According to reports, a few users have had some issues with the update, but hopefully those will be rectified by Apple ASAP.

No Doubt.

Everybody say Blackberry is Best. How hell BB is best unless it dont have Full Fledge Browsers, Bigger Screen and Thousand of Software in their Foot.

I can Access Google Docs. so All Spreadsheet, Word is easily available.

Blackberry users are only Biased for there Enterprise Push Mail and bla bla bla. Just in 3 Years its gonna Change. And what the Hell that Encryption people are talking. its funny stupid thing that any School Programmer can do it VB.Net with 5 minutes time.

as days go by iphone is taking on more and more devices with regular firmware upgrades opening more possibilities for enterprise users and the revolutionary app store which is expanding the capability of iphone pushing it into different domains ......b it multimedia ,b it gaming ,or b it the enetrprise level and the boost it is getting from the power of 3rd party support is tremendous :Sorprendido:

this phone from apple has revolutionised everything .......or atleast woken up biggiies ,if not, to get sumthin revolutionary to beat it .

As far as Blackberry goes i m happy that it is getting beaten up in its own game by the iphone , i mean its just the brand name for which they charge so much ,their handsets r underpowered n they demand u a premium just to use it ...for what???? And not to forget its their bb service which makes the difference and not their overpriced handsets ......and as far as push mails go there are other alternative services also arising

and it sjust a matter of time MOBILE ME from apple is all set to take on BB service ,its still under heavy development and once apple sorts out the issues with it it will offer better push capability than BB ( i had treid a 60 day trial of mobile me ...though it was buggy but still it did impress me a lot )

its not a surprise any more why balckberry had to come out with a full touchscreen device ......and even their plans to add some serious 3rd party support suugests that they have been severly beaten up by a "newbie" iphone :Contento: