Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Hetals Aku 3.5.4.f With New Core 3.12.30 Wwe, Radio 1.41

Tom, Tanveer...

glad u guys liked the dialer... the ##codes are mostly epst based commands to browse ur phone settings... though its not much of a loss since there is a ready made shortcut folder hetal has put in the rom for these commands anyways...

Petar...

how do u know before answering a call whether its an irritating mktg call or someone else...

Edited by watersigndj

@dj

i dont know who would be calling ... but i usually keep the setting to allow calls from my contact list only. (its a huge list with numbers of ferinds and even freind's relatives etc - so no chance of missin all known persons from all likely numbers they can call from)

That way i may miss on some calls... but 90% of those would be marketing only.

People who know u personally always have option to call your home/office to find about you.

i feel that programs that monitor ur calling... like auto sms or call firewall use the cpu and perhaps make the phone feature of this pda even more sluggish ! ur thoughts Petar?

on another note...

PLS READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE

there is a file in the root folder when watched, seems to be growing in size constantly in this new rom... its called PhoneExt_Service.log

this is known to present a battery drain issue too... cause this log essentially logs every signal level change hence keeping the cpu working constanntly...

to resolve extract the attached file and copy the phoneext_service.dll to ur \windows on ppc... then in the root folder delete the logfile... hit reset and hopefully the logfile wont comeback to haunt ur phone...

i suggest everyone using this rom do the above...

TEST_Phoneext_service.dll_from_Apache_AKU2.zip

Edited by watersigndj

Hey guys, I have a question that hopefully U can answer. This new rom has TCMP for video viewer, put an avi file on mini sd card and player plays file fine, question is, is there a program that reduces the size of the avi from 720mb to may half the size so that it doesn't eat up so much space?

Hey guys, I have a question that hopefully U can answer. This new rom has TCMP for video viewer, put an avi file on mini sd card and player plays file fine, question is, is there a program that reduces the size of the avi from 720mb to may half the size so that it doesn't eat up so much space?

Use converter given here, player is also cool.

above or if you know a little about encoding try virtualdub.

it is much more complicated than LCS but it has so many more otpions.

Any one willing to share a smart dialer without the lightening and reliance pasted? :D

Any one willing to share a smart dialer without the lightening and reliance pasted? :D

its there somewhere above in the posts..

Anybody need the Microsoft Voice Command software for voice dialling. Attached herewith.

(Note: Problem faced with in ROM version c- the Voice Speed Dialling Button (Button 5) stopped working after this software was installed. Also this software is more designed for American Accent than ours.)

PS-The file is 7.5 MB and therefore seems not to be uploading. Any suggestions how to upload file.

Edited by dkaile

Just found that the d version of the ROM is also radio 1.1.. Hetal told it was 1.41..any idea how to get the 1.41 ROM? The core is OK, but the radio is 1.1 instead of 1.41...

Edited by shubhanyu

Shubhanyu...

this release 3.5.4 D does not have any radio upgrades so ur claim for 1.1 ver of radio is well actually the existing radio on ur ppc before and hence after the upgrade. i would suggest u use the link on the first page or search the forum for the radio version 1.41 from bell mobility and upgrade apart from the rom... it can be done in isolation also...

hope that solves ur query !

Hi friends,

Whats the latest on this version d. How is it working/better in comparision to version c. Genuine feedback please. Because I feel Hetal's version c is a blast. Keep up the good work Hetal.

Do also let me know how to upload to share files greater than 1 MB as I think max single upload allowed is 500k.

I think c was awsome.

you can upload to some other site and give the link here.

Hey guys,

Hetal as always this new rom really rocks, and adding Dj's iphone dialer really makes it the best :D Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible to have the phone screen come up when U turn on the device instead of the today screen?

Somehow i m finding this ROM a bit slower n battery is consumed more .

Petar...

have u tackled the phoneextservice.log issue which i have mentioned in my post earlier... it leads to the two problems u seem to be having...

Dhiraj...

this one is pretty good too and the fact that this has the new core drivers makes it closest one could get to wm6. once u fix the phone log thingy its pretty much as stable as C release...

and I second Tanveer's idea of having the C also available alongside...

Even i think that this latest D release is slower. The phone is acting sluggish and just now it got hung on the today screen. I think now i will have to hard reset.

Amit

@amitoberoi...

just to confirm... have u applied the phoneext_service logfile fix?

@everyone

someone apart from me who has used this fix and still has any issues? i am getting a normal battery drain now nd phone is as responsive.... nd no luckily no hang-ups since upgrade...

@amitoberoi...

@everyone

someone apart from me who has used this fix and still has any issues? i am getting a normal battery drain now nd phone is as responsive.... nd no luckily no hang-ups since upgrade...

Where am I supposed to find this service logfile fix? :P

@amitoberoi...

@everyone

@Dj I tried to do the procedure. But there is an existing PhoneExt_service.dll in the windows directory and the system does not allowed it to be deleted or overwritten. So the logfile keeps on appearing again and again no matter how many times i delete it.

Amit

@amitoberoi...

@everyone

@Dj I tried to do the procedure. But there is an existing PhoneExt_service.dll in the windows directory and the system does not allowed it to be deleted or overwritten. So the logfile keeps on appearing again and again no matter how many times i delete it.

Amit

same here ... :P

okay although i dont remember having any such issues... i hope u are using Total Commander to copy and replace the existing file... and that the hidden files are shown in its settings...

then there is a second procedure but it means that ud end up losing sync of time with reliance (which honestly aint an issue)... You can just search the reg for "PhoneExt_Service.dll" and rename the value to something else (like xxPhoneExt_Service.dllxx) then soft reset - that will keep it from loading.

Another possible "solution" to this (credit to kdoweb) is to write-protect the log file (you can use total commander to do it). He did that and noticed the log file size stayed the same and no new file was created. I do not know of any other consequences to this, but it's something else for people to try.

Here is a fix for one little bug. If you have the commManager icon enabled in the system tray at the bottom right, it will not launch the CommManager. Just add this reg entry.

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\WirelessMgr\LaunchApplet]

"AppletName"="CommManager.exe" (string)

Edited by Dj

Got it!! This is really great! :Sorprendido: So, deleting the log file supposedly increases the batt life? :Sorprendido:

its how it keeps the cpu from keeping on logging that saves the battery from draining...

Slight off topic, but here it is:

I use a Nokia 6275 with Opera Mini on my TATA number, and I am able to access my ICICI Internet Banking Account.

I use my PPC 6700 with Opera Mobile/IE on the same TATA number, and the login fails in ICICI Internet Banking... any ideas...? :Sorprendido: