Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Hetals Aku 3.5.4.f With New Core 3.12.30 Wwe, Radio 1.41

You are using browser to login rt... so its a issue with script in brower or something. Not your cell number.

@DJ

will try that DLL file thing. n get back to u

What I intended to highlight was that an Opera Mini allows me to sign in, while a supposedly full fledged and much more advanced Pocket PC OS does not? :Sorprendido:

Hi,

i am able to log icicibank as well as icici direct..except USECTRADE,

i am reliance user...

i feel that programs that monitor ur calling... like auto sms or call firewall use the cpu and perhaps make the phone feature of this pda even more sluggish ! ur thoughts Petar?

on another note...

PLS READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE

there is a file in the root folder when watched, seems to be growing in size constantly in this new rom... its called PhoneExt_Service.log

this is known to present a battery drain issue too... cause this log essentially logs every signal level change hence keeping the cpu working constanntly...

to resolve extract the attached file and copy the phoneext_service.dll to ur \windows on ppc... then in the root folder delete the logfile... hit reset and hopefully the logfile wont comeback to haunt ur phone...

i suggest everyone using this rom do the above...

I can usually follow or figure out what to do from the forum's although I am having problems understanding what exactly to do regarding this battery drain issue. I have been able to get around all the other minor issues however can not verify if I have done this correct. Not even for sure what I am supposed to do. Battery drain last night was stable from 80% to 50% while asleep for 6 hours. When I got up and checked my VM which took all of 45 seconds battery drained from 50% to 10% almost immediately. Can you give a confused, not for sure of what to do user a little more advice.

I agree with other's that Hetals Aku 3.5.4.d With New Core 3.12.30 Wwe, Radio 1.41 has made me want to keep my 6700 verses being upset with IT dept for not approving my Mogul purchase yet.......

John T. Snelson V

@Dj

I tried it with total commander and i was able to copy the file successfully. Now even after the restart the logfile is not appearing. Thanks man.

Amit

@Amit...

glad to hear it finally worked for u... have u seen any improvements...

@John...

using total commander replace PhoneExt_Service.dll from \windows folder with the file available in the zip from where u quoted me. once done come abck to the root folder and find PhoneExt_Service.log and delete it. hit reset and that should pretty much take care of it !

Edited by Dj

Anybody need the Microsoft Voice Command software for voice dialling. Attached herewith.

(Note: Problem faced with in ROM version c- the Voice Speed Dialling Button (Button 5) stopped working after this software was installed. Also this software is more designed for American Accent than ours.)

PS-The file is 7.5 MB and therefore seems not to be uploading. Any suggestions how to upload file.

Cybron voice dialI found to be the best. MS is lousy as you said for American or british accent as per version it is made for.

@Amit...

glad to hear it finally worked for u... have u seen any improvements...

@John...

using total commander replace PhoneExt_Service.dll from \windows folder with the file available in the zip from where u quoted me. once done come abck to the root folder and find PhoneExt_Service.log and delete it. hit reset and that should pretty much take care of it !

Thank you very much. Is there a way to verify that this actually worked. Total Commander says the file can not be delated however I did do everything explained. I delated the log and TC shows two PhoneExt_Service.dll files one dated today and the other from 7/16/07 and both have different sizes. to I will see how the battery life is after using it through out the day.

JTSV

Dear Friends ,

I recently upgraded to Version 3.5 c ROM and 1.41 radio, and have to compliment hetal once again on the fine job he has done. But there are some problems I am facing and would be most obliged if anyone could help me in my dilemma:

1. The system strain seems to be much higher as the when I set a mp3 ringtone, in sleep mode the phone sometimes takes 5-6 rings before I receive the first ring and by that time I get a missed call. I have tried placing the mp3 ringtone in the /windows/ring folder, but to no avail. When I set the standard ring as ringtone then I get the ring within 2-3 rings. Could someone suggest a solution so that I can set mp3 as my ringtone and get immediate ring.

2. I would also like to return back to my original rom which was slightly light on resources,and the ringing problem was not so prominent, so please please tell me a way to reload the original ROM that came with the UTstarcom phone, as the service centre of UT is not responding in this regards.

3. Is there some way I could load the version 3.5 but without all the bells and whistles and could choose only the particular softwares I want to load so that it remains light on resources and ring response time is faster.

Thanks in advance

Anybody need the Microsoft Voice Command software for voice dialling. Attached herewith.

(Note: Problem faced with in ROM version c- the Voice Speed Dialling Button (Button 5) stopped working after this software was installed. Also this software is more designed for American Accent than ours.)

PS-The file is 7.5 MB and therefore seems not to be uploading. Any suggestions how to upload file.

Cybron voice dialI found to be the best. MS is lousy as you said for American or british accent as per version it is made for.

Hi guys,

I think MSVC is an excellllent software. I have been using it since i bought the 6700. Earlier i had the US version which i admit was not very useful for us indians as the accent required is different from what we have here. However the UK version, which i now use is great and it totally recognizes the indian accent we speak in. Also the recognition seems to be better than the US version. With a couple of tweaks, it is the best voice software i have seen. I have a cab file of this software which i have on the storage card on my 6700 and so it is very easy to install after every hard reset.

Amit

Hi guys,

I think MSVC is an excellllent software. I have been using it since i bought the 6700. Earlier i had the US version which i admit was not very useful for us indians as the accent required is different from what we have here. However the UK version, which i now use is great and it totally recognizes the indian accent we speak in. Also the recognition seems to be better than the US version. With a couple of tweaks, it is the best voice software i have seen. I have a cab file of this software which i have on the storage card on my 6700 and so it is very easy to install after every hard reset.

Amit

do let us have the cab file for this software

Kinda off topic here but I just downloaded the program "itask" and it is the setup from the new iphone. It looks great but none of the actual buttons function seem to work correctly. Have any of U seen and tried this app?

I had to compulsarily upgrade to this ROM, I was much happier with 3.5.4 B, which according to me is the still the best, (tho I had to do some changes, esp. the dialer skin and the loud orange theme). It had all the features that i required, like voice dialing and more, but it developed a snag the screen got misaligned and would not align at all, inspite of running align a dozen of times, after hard reseting the ppc on the initial setup, the screen would not go ahead of align screen, even after 20 times of aligning, after a couple of hard resets I tried all Hetal's ROMs with permutations and combinations of radio versions, still the align screen problem persisted, only 3.5.4 d hasnt caused this problem, I think even "Tanveer" has been thru hell due to this. Any idea, "Hetal" why is this happening? "Sadikbhai" any idea, where have u vanished ur not answering calls nor answering queries on the forum?

Edited by Hellangelo

I had to compulsarily upgrade to this ROM, I was much happier with 3.5.4 B, which according to me is the still the best, (tho I had to do some changes, esp. the dialer skin and the loud orange theme). It had all the features that i required, like voice dialing and more, but it developed a snag the screen got misaligned and would not align at all, inspite of running align a dozen of times, after hard reseting the ppc on the initial setup, the screen would not go ahead of align screen, even after 20 times of aligning, after a couple of hard resets I tried all Hetal's ROMs with permutations and combinations of radio versions, still the align screen problem persisted, only 3.5.4 d hasnt caused this problem, I think even "Tanveer" has been thru hell due to this. Any idea, "Hetal" why is this happening? "Sadikbhai" any idea, where have u vanished ur not answering calls nor answering queries on the forum?

Even I had the Problem of alignmnet in c ver and d ver of hetal. But in D ver it was only for the first time after upgrade. After a Second hard reset and alignment there was no problem. I suggest you to do a hard reset and then flash the phone again and do a hard reset.

As mentioned I had a problem with the screen alignment thing.

I downgraded to Kirvins 3.5 and then again back to Hetals, inexplicably, i never encountered it again.

Now I am on 3.5.4c, occasionally the alignment goes haywire but it corrects when i realign through >>system >> screen>> alignment.

Dear Friends ,

I recently upgraded to Version 3.5 c ROM and 1.41 radio, and have to compliment hetal once again on the fine job he has done. But there are some problems I am facing and would be most obliged if anyone could help me in my dilemma:

1. The system strain seems to be much higher as the when I set a mp3 ringtone, in sleep mode the phone sometimes takes 5-6 rings before I receive the first ring and by that time I get a missed call. I have tried placing the mp3 ringtone in the /windows/ring folder, but to no avail. When I set the standard ring as ringtone then I get the ring within 2-3 rings. Could someone suggest a solution so that I can set mp3 as my ringtone and get immediate ring.

2. I would also like to return back to my original rom which was slightly light on resources,and the ringing problem was not so prominent, so please please tell me a way to reload the original ROM that came with the UTstarcom phone, as the service centre of UT is not responding in this regards.

3. Is there some way I could load the version 3.5 but without all the bells and whistles and could choose only the particular softwares I want to load so that it remains light on resources and ring response time is faster.

Thanks in advance

Please buddies,

help me with this.

As mentioned I had a problem with the screen alignment thing.

I downgraded to Kirvins 3.5 and then again back to Hetals, inexplicably, i never encountered it again.

Now I am on 3.5.4c, occasionally the alignment goes haywire but it corrects when i realign through >>system >> screen>> alignment.

Could you upload Kirvin 3.5? I get a country error do not know y ....

Copy all the exe and dll files from hetals rom into kervin's folder and rewrite ( Do not copy radio.nbf, ms.nbf & nk.nbf). Now run the program and you will not get the country error :)

Copy all the exe and dll files from hetals rom into kervin's folder and rewrite ( Do not copy radio.nbf, ms.nbf & nk.nbf). Now run the program and you will not get the country error :)

What do you mean by 'rewrite' ?

Where's Hetal man, not seen him here lately. Has he shifted to Airtel.

BATTERY REPORTING

The PPC6700 is Polling Battery Status say every 5 second depending on the Setting in registry so when we see the Battery Meter Just Exactly after Making it on from Sleep mode it shows the Old Value then again after Battery Polling the Correct Current value is shown

Edited by hetaldp

This 3.5d rom rocks, however I am having a slight problem with the text messaging. When I go to create a new text message the contact names pop up as expected, input the message and it is sent fine. The problem is when the recipient replys, it does not say who it is from and when you go to reply it has a portion of the message in the reply part, pls help :Sorprendido:

Hi guys,

Amit

i had tried using the uk version of voice command. installed properly and even worked good.. was able to understand most things.. but the button 5 stopped working after a soft reboot.. applied a fix and got it working .. but i installed it on the storage card coz it takes 4 mb of precious memory.. but every time the phone sleeps or u switch it off (the backlight) the msvc hangs and doesnt get on on clicking the start button which is assigned to it. is there any other hack to take care of the issue where it hangs after using it once ..or that it doesnt load when it wakes up after sleeping. it even asks if u want to install it on the main memory(maybee that is the reason .. i havnt tried that option ). but u say its working perfect since u had the phone..and u have it installed on the memory? i think the inbuilt cyberon conflicts with it so it doesnt work. i dont want to give up cyberon as it is much more reliable than the vc . tell me any other crack to take care of the issue apart from the button 5 fix which i already have.

thanks

I am using Kevin ROM... because am not too much of a power user, so the great load of softwares on Hetal ROM is not for me ... however, I see that our Hetal ROM was having MMS support ... this Kevin ROM doesn't ... how do I add MMS support?

i am presently on 3.5.4.c.

i had restored the contacts using pim backup..somehow, the pictures associated with contacts were missing..now i can not add pictures to any contacts.when i click on picture nothing happens. any suggestions?