Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Hetals Aku 3.5.4.f With New Core 3.12.30 Wwe, Radio 1.41

@Dj

Thanks dude, I think I will wait and fully test any apps or roms before I post anything. The dialer does not work with any ## codes, so looks like I must find other updates to make it work :( . Sorry for the premature jump

no no that was not to demoralise u or hijack ur attempt at being resourceful... just that whenever we post utilities then the asscociated details being posted along help ppl evaluate decide wether to download it...

pls... feel free to post as much as u want...

SmartDialer and its dll are needed in any Dialer skin to use ## Codes

Plain Dialer Skin can not use ## Keys

I feel the previous version was more stable.

Have had to soft reset a few times as the phone is hanging with some programs.

Hetal bhai your earlier ROM was better in the sense that everywhere I am seeing Reliance Reliance Reliance on calls and dialler and everywhere! Please remove those!

no no that was not to demoralise u or hijack ur attempt at being resourceful... just that whenever we post utilities then the asscociated details being posted along help ppl evaluate decide wether to download it...

pls... feel free to post as much as u want...

No problem dude, I just wanted to share some info I found. But after reloading Hetal's dialer, it really is the same thing w/o the lightning :) That's why U guys are the masters and I'm the eager student :) .

Quick story: I went to the Sprint store to check for leather cases and an extra battery, spoke to the rep that just bought the Mogul, launched different apps and my 6700 pretty much smoked his. Hetal's ROM is WM6 on steroids :) The overall performance is truly like night and day, he's gonna return and get the 6700 :)

He also mentioned that there is a hack to change the camera from 1.3 to 2.0 megapix's? Is there such a beast?

Hi Hetal,

Greate WORK , I know these things are normal for you but reailly hats off to you

every things is fine for me but one of my friends is on tata network , he purchased the handset not to mention form our own Sadiq bhai

now he also wants to use Tata related Services.

FIrstly i would like to know how Difficult it would be to make such changes.

I am ready to do R&D with the PPC 6700 a similar kind of thing on TAta sim (T-sim based phone )

so that people can access Tata zone etc.

:) I guess this can be done cause i saw another post of yours for Nokia 6275 Tata to Reliance and vice versa

can you help me ? :) pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Even if you guide me i'l take it further

Thanks in advance

hey hetal, as always, its great!!

but ya, as one person here mentioned 'reliance reliance reliance all over' is not good...

rest all is absolutely great! thanks, u really make our 6700 look great! thanks again...

He also mentioned that there is a hack to change the camera from 1.3 to 2.0 megapix's? Is there such a beast?

Hetal has already adjusted the camera to superfine mode which is equivalent to 2MP camera

adjusted to the superfine mode? equivalent to 2 mp? how cam one know how much is it? and in which version has that been done? which rom version onwards i mean ... and is it possible to do that? coz the camera lense and sensor can only capture that much detail.. to increase the megapixils after that is usually done with software .. a process called interpolation wherein the software adds pixels adjacent to the one taken and apparently increases the clearity.. like many cmos cameras wud mention ..2 megapixels interpolated to 5 or 4.mp.. it actually doesnt mean much .. the camera can only take that much clearity. most companies do it as a marketing gimmick.. but i think this phones camera isnt to bad in any way.. it takes resonable pictures..

unless there is any other way which u guys know about to increase the clearity of the picture? .. like if the company itself had put a better lens but didnt want to sell it as 2 mp because sumtimes the market isnt ready for such a thing plus they want to be able to launch their later models also with 2 mp.. otherwise the upgrade to those models wudnt seem worth it..

maybee sumone needs to compare the 6800 s camera shot to shot and post the results. then we d know what exactly the difference is between 2 and 1.3 mp.

keep on the good work guys.

also hetal i still havnt tried this latest rom but tu seems the file size has been dramatically reduced to 55mb from 81 or sumthing.. does it mean the phone will have more available memory or its just that the basic rom is smaller in size.

hetal it wud be great if you can post the free space in all ur roms.. as a comparision so everyone can have an idea how much of the ram and memory in the phone is used by each upgrade. this will also help us compare how faster or slower the phone runs.. are u doing any standard benchmarking at each upgrade u do so u can urself evaluate if each upgrade is actually making the phone faster.. perhaps that wud help people to decide what they want .. more applications in the phone or faster speed.. or a mix of both.

thanks. :)

Hi ..... Is it just me or that the Wireless Manager icon near the shutdown icon not functioning for everyone on the latest xxx.d ROM?

Edited by shubhanyu

Hey @shubhanyu,

I just checked and I too have same problem, but tolerable cuz I really use everything from the spb menu :)

Hi ..... Is it just me or that the Wireless Manager icon near the shutdown icon not functioning for everyone on the latest xxx.d ROM?

I think it is with everyone.

But as mentioned above use the shortcut in the comm tab of SPB desktop menu.

Dear Hetal/Friends,

1. Does this rom have/support A2DP Profile for bluetooth for stereo headset?

2. Also have you sorted out the wireless manager icon not working problem

3. On top of the screen a thin orange/yellow/green multi coloured strip runs (which is slightly irritating) which was not there in the original reliance rom. Is there some way to remove the same.

4. Can I also have the original UTStarcom/Reliance ROM download link (both the older and newer version)

5. There is a considerable time lag, sometimes 2 to sometimes 5-6 seconds (when the phone is asleep) for the first ring to register on the phone even after placing the mp3 ringtone in the windows/ring folder. Some way to sort out this problem.

Keep up the good work buddy.

Thanks.

Yes DK it have Support for A2DP but due to Bandwidth Shortage in 1.2 Bluetooth Hardware it might appear little Choppy.

The Super Fine Quality i set is for JPG Format it save Less Space but the Quality is More Clear in Day time

2.0 MegaPix is Not Possible but 2.0 Mega Pix Photo n Fine Mode and 1.3 Mega Pix in Super Fine mode is very Neer Quality Except the Size

2.0 MegaPix in SuperFine is really Better in All these

Yes DK it have Support for A2DP but due to Bandwidth Shortage in 1.2 Bluetooth Hardware it might appear little Choppy.

The Super Fine Quality i set is for JPG Format it save Less Space but the Quality is More Clear in Day time

2.0 MegaPix is Not Possible but 2.0 Mega Pix Photo n Fine Mode and 1.3 Mega Pix in Super Fine mode is very Neer Quality Except the Size

2.0 MegaPix in SuperFine is really Better in All these

Dear Hetal

Do also let me know-

I am using your c version and not yet upgraded to d

1. Have have you sorted out the wireless manager icon not working problem

2. On top of the screen a thin orange/yellow/green multi coloured strip runs (which is slightly irritating) which was not there in the original reliance rom. Is there some way to remove the same.

3. Can I also have the original UTStarcom/Reliance ROM download link (both the older and newer version)

4. There is a considerable time lag, sometimes 2 to sometimes 5-6 seconds (when the phone is asleep) for the first ring to register on the phone even after placing the mp3 ringtone in the windows/ring folder. Some way to sort out this problem.

Keep up the good work buddy.

Thanks.

Dhiraj,

1. A2DP, as hetal puts it, is choppy on this phone even after best of efforts. i had sleepless nights trying to get it to work and finally have a way out... a few registry tweaks coupled with using mortplayer is the answer.

2. Communication manager not working can be treated by simply removing the icon from the tray and then assigning it to one of the buttons. like i use button 4.

3. the multicoloured line on the top of the screen well actually is a battery meter... for ur preference to remove browse to \windows\startup and delete the battv.lnk or Vistahidebatterygauge.lnk file... soft reset and u wont see it come back again.

4. time lag issue is something there aint any way out of... reason: the device in suspend mode puts the cpu operational at 108mhz (which is scaled down from 416mhz when awake) to conserve battery. now for it to answer a call the device first wakes up... scales up... then picks up ur ringtone (worse if ringtone on sd card cause then even that needs be woken up) and finally rings... u cant blame it for a 5 sec lag for so much work :Sorprendido: its like lightening and thunder... u see the backlight come on and then finally hear the ring come... its windows media mobile for u... take it with a pinch of salt !!

i would suggest u migrate to the new release of the rom...

Edited by watersigndj

for the benefit of those getting their cell site flash(name of ur city or area) as they boot the phone or move around changing cell sites... well a change of dialer could help...

i picked up this iphone dialer... however be prepared to sacrifice smart dial or ## codes from the dialer if u upgrade to this dialer.

heres how it looks

639394617_a10f6e4447.jpg

no the smart dial does not work even if u can see it here...

639394927_c0041da576.jpg

get it here [LINK]

Just upgraded to version d

It seems that besides the wireless manager icon, the voice dial function (button 5 - press) also seems to be not working. Help anybody.

Planning to revert back to version c

dont be that hasty... try it for a bit...

the two things that seem to be inoperational at ur end really are a universal problem... look beyond !

Hi Hetal

I had used sms backup to backup my sms before upgrading. And since you have removed sms backup in the D verison i request you to upload the sms backup cab file so that i can restore my sms's.

Next time i will use PIM backup so no further issues. :Sorprendido:

PIMbackup worked great for me.

ANyway - missing CALL FIREWALL. was nice little sfware... specially blocking annoying marketing calls while driving.

@Dj

Just downloaded that iphone dialer, really kool. and the ## features work on my phone, thanx

yeah dheeraj. great dialer.

maybe hetal can incorporate that in his new rom.

what all are ## code features?