Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

@Guru Gopal

Where all have you used tata CDMA on roaming and how was the network at these places?

1090684226.png

Where all have you used tata CDMA on roaming and how was the network at these places?

I have used TATA CDMA on roaming in Chennai IT Park (SEZ) and it has very good signals there while all other GSM operators barely work.

Chennai IIT, Airport it is good 2.5 MB speed. Most of the places in Chinai it is very bad only 1x. Delhi All over it is good nearly I used to get 2 to 3 mbps. Bombay it is good. Bangalore Nearby High Court and Airport area it is good. Not checked all places.

@arnuld @Guru Gopal

That would probably mirror my experice. Coverage is more or less great within cities. Any idea about the rural coverage? Is it comparable to RCDMA?

:previous:

Back in my village in Punjab, TATA CDMA has great coverage and very good signal-strength while all other GSM/CDMA have coverage bun not much signal strength. Same I can say about smaller towns in Punjab where my friends had TATA CDMA connections. I have used RCDMA for few days myself in Hyderabad and it was no way comparable to TATA CDMA.

CDMA is dying technology when it comes to mobiles, I do not recommend anyone to choose CDMA. GSM is much open and cheaper technology, probably because CDMA is marred by royalty QUALCOMM asks for which makes handsets expensive and even if some company manufactures cheper handsets (like Reliance did in beginning) then they have to share profits in business. This does not end here, littile search in internet will tell you a lot more. Yes, CDMA may have more voice clarity and good signal strength but any open and cheaper technology (in comparison to closed/expensive technology) will find ways to improvise and become better and better and then get ahead of its limitations and then get ahead of strengths of the closed/expensive technology. QUALCOMM already gave up 4G-CDMA (Ultra Mobile Band a.k.a UMB) in favor of LTE because LTE found better way of migrating from both EVDO and 3G. Now LTE-Advanced is here already.

If you are buying a new connection then by all means get a GSM connection and if you already have CDMA then port. You will learn sooner or later why I am saying so :)

• Like 1

I have been a long time CDMA user. These days use GSM as primiary number and have kept CDMA for sentimental purposes :P

R-CDMA is still my primary # and R-GSM & BSNL GSM are backup nos. I might be optimistic.

tap'n frm HTC desire 816d on R-CDMA / R-GSM

• Like 1

Here in Mumbai, RGSM 3G is much faster than RCDMA EV, and RCDMA signal s**ks for the most part. Signal is present everywhere but it is almost never full strength.

My personal number is R-CDMA for the last 12 years. Now its also the connection for mobile data.

Official number is Airtel, but it makes my BP high regularly due to poor network.

Does anyone know the future of imported cdma smartassphones after lollipop update?

Edited by ACS

Sure, read it all here:

http://windia.blogspot.in/2006/08/why-cdma-will-die.html

Hope you will run towards GSM after reading that article. I myself have ported from AirTel to TATA CDMA a few days back. Is it contrary to the advice I usually give ? Hell no:

• How many CDMA OMH Android handsets with 1GB RAM (2)
  • How many CDMA OMH Android handsets with 512 MB RAM (1)
  • How many GSM Android handsets with 1GB RAM (more than 100, too many to count, plus they are cheaper)
  • How many GSM Android handsets with 512 MB RAM (more than double of above, too many to count, plus they are cheaper)
Since CDMA is dying, I decided to give it a farewell and will use it once for last time in my life, for few months.

^^^ in all fairness, that's an 8yr old article. Lets talk about the development/failures of cdma technology in recent times. Of course, their observations Qualcomm, still hold good.

Since this forum concerns Indian cdma operators, sadly we have mainly 'Reliance voice services' to talk about which holds maybe 90% of voice market, if I'm not wrong.

Everything was OK, till the decision of RCdma to stop MEID registration... See if even RCom (or any Dual tech operator like Tata, Bsnl, Mtnl) is NOT caring about their cdma business, what can we users do?

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Does anyone know the future of imported cdma smartassphones after lollipop update?

Just updated my Sprint htc One (CDMA + CGSM) to Lollipop. Went Uber smooth, even though I am no longer on CDMA. When I updated to kitkat it reset defaults to CDMA, nothing like that here.

Just updated my Sprint htc One (CDMA + CGSM) to Lollipop. Went Uber smooth, even though I am no longer on CDMA. When I updated to kitkat it reset defaults to CDMA, nothing like that here.

^^^ in all fairness, that's an 8yr old article. Lets talk about the development/failures of cdma technology in recent times. Of course, their observations Qualcomm, still hold good.

Since this forum concerns Indian cdma operators, sadly we have mainly 'Reliance voice services' to talk about which holds maybe 90% of voice market, if I'm not wrong.

Dude, it is 8 years old article and that is EXACTLY why I posted the link here. See how accurate the predictions were. Qualcomm means CDMA, there is no CDMA without paying to Qualcomm. Read more about CDMA and qualcomm on Wikipedia:

• How much money they demanded from Reliance and NOKIA ?
  • Why you think 3G was (and is) so expensive ?
  • Why do you think China developed TD-SCDMA ?

Those are few of the reasons why most operators use GSM instead of CDMA. There are other loads of serious reasons you can find on Google. CDMA started dying more than 8 years ago and that blogger saw it coming from long way.