Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

5 hours ago, nuhearts said:

Its now working in Lenovo after following your steps, thanks. Still not working in Zenfone 4. 

Using Lenovo for over a week now, so far all good for the price range.

In Zenfone 4, creat a new profile writing RCOMNET in APN. field. Then restart.

1 hour ago, nitink said:

am sure we wud hv someone in JIO from delhi here

hope he can help me in porting to JIO from MTNL dolphin. I wont be using the phone for voice or anything, just need to get into JIO just for the heck of it. 

Until jio sets up authorized stores/customer care points, you cannot port to it. (However, you can  buy a new life phone with jio sim.) So either wait or port to Idea 4G / Vodafone 4G etc.. 

3 hours ago, zanaka said:

Btw for everyone/anyone interested, the JIO 90 days free data scheme sim ( mandatory purchase of LYF smartphone ) is now open to all without any employee referrals.

Are their LYF phones good/value for money?

7 hours ago, S.T.A.L.K.E.R said:

From where did you guys get your 4G sims ? I've a 10 years old CDMA handset and need to get on 4G as Reliance has shutdown CDMA network. It would be great if you guys can help out like from where to get 4G sim, total cost and documents needed. BTW, I live near Dunlop [ Baranagar Area ].

Locate any nearest Reliance store.

4G Sim is now available at Rs 26 as I have seen at Shyampukur Store. No documents are required!!

Have a used lyf phone for sometime. Not bad. Actually, Reliance jio has procured a big lot of lyf phones. Somehow they have to dump it to customers. That is why, they offering with huge amount data for free data. If one is interested in 4g fee data, it's good deal. But if u want a good handset, then wait till jio launch commercially

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ajay16 said:

Its a good cheap quality phone that will do everything.

If you want to go for  ok kam chala lo type phone then you may buy it. ( some will say kya farak padta hai yaar sab ek jaise hi toh hote hain, others will swear by brands, so its subjective )

However LYF phones offer almost all the functions that you get in the big budget/brand phones.

If you're into samsungs, lenovos, sony and iphones then you won't like it.

Frankly their mandatory LYF phone buy is what has stopped me till now.

I think Bihari Sarpanch here has bought a LYF phone with the same scheme.

SO is it a good value for money ? I will say yes....b/w average to good value for money.

• Like 1

OK update for Delhi circle guys....

My 4G sim was and is still not working in Lenovo A6000Plus ( service/calls working, data not working ).

I tried in another 4G phone......Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G and both voice and data are working.

Infact, I got a speed of around 6.7 mbps on Redmi Note which is significantly higher than the current 3G model I am using where I got a speed of around 3-3.5 mbps.

So the sim may work on a few 4G models and not work on a few, but that doesn't mean that there would be a problem with the sim. It can also be a handset configuration problem with the Reliance 4G bands,  which seems to be the case for me in the Lenovo handset.

Also my sim is 04/2016 without any patch required ( since my data was working right from the time when I put the sim in the 3G handset which I am currently using )

5 hours ago, ajay16 said:

In Zenfone 4, creat a new profile writing RCOMNET in APN. field. Then restart.

Tried, it didn't help. Visited the local reliance store, they have got the patch update machine but do not know how to use it. Have asked me to come back on Monday. Lets c!!!

51 minutes ago, zanaka said:

OK update for Delhi circle guys....

My 4G sim was and is still not working in Lenovo A6000Plus ( service/calls working, data not working ).

I tried in another 4G phone......Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G and both voice and data are working.

Infact, I got a speed of around 6.7 mbps on Redmi Note which is significantly higher than the current 3G model I am using where I got a speed of around 3-3.5 mbps.

So the sim may work on a few 4G models and not work on a few, but that doesn't mean that there would be a problem with the sim. It can also be a handset configuration problem with the Reliance 4G bands,  which seems to be the case for me in the Lenovo handset.

Also my sim is 04/2016 without any patch required ( since my data was working right from the time when I put the sim in the 3G handset which I am currently using )

Zack,

Sim update is very much needed for faulty sims ... doesnt matter in how many handsets you put in.

Procedure to test whether you need a sim patch :

1. Put 4g sim in a good 2G/3G compatible handset
  2. Check APNs, if you dont have rcomnet as APN, create one. Enable this apn
  3. Enable data.
  4. Data should work now, if it doesnt, get your sim replaced/patched

Right now you are using 3G, which doesnt need a 4G handset...so even a 3-4 year old smartphone would work. We are still awaiting 4G, when RCOM launches it i am sure we ll get to hear about it.

I have been facing the same issue since beginning and I went to reliance store they tried that sim in another phone which worked fine I am sure its an issue with phone or config nothing wrong with sim or patch

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, NanduNaada said:

Zack,

Sim update is very much needed for faulty sims ... doesnt matter in how many handsets you put in.

Procedure to test whether you need a sim patch :

1. Put 4g sim in a good 2G/3G compatible handset
  2. Check APNs, if you dont have rcomnet as APN, create one. Enable this apn
  3. Enable data.
  4. Data should work now, if it doesnt, get your sim replaced/patched

Right now you are using 3G, which doesnt need a 4G handset...so even a 3-4 year old smartphone would work. We are still awaiting 4G, when RCOM launches it i am sure we ll get to hear about it.

I am using a 3G handset BUT I was talking about when I put in my sim in a 4G handset.

Both Lenovo A6000 plus and Xiaomi Redmi Note are 4G. However I couldn't get the data to work in the former while I was getting a good speed in the latter.

I know I am using 3G, however till date my sim has worked in all 3G/4G phones EXCEPT Lenovo A6000 plus even after manually setting the APN. I checked the Lenovo community and there is a serious issue with their configuration with many sims.

If my data doesn't work only on ONE phone out of all the phones I have tested, then I am guessing it is a handset problem and NOT a sim patch problem.

Forgot to add that I have come to know, that even after getting the sim "patched", the sim still does not work with every 4G phone out there.

Maybe its a problem with LTE bands, not sure.

However, I still plan to go ahead and get the "patch" done.

Let's see if it works.

Pune is getting 2G data only. It shows EDGE but the speed is pathetic. Idea 2G is much better. 

I don't get signal while I am inside my office at Kharadi. So no call or SMS. 

Hope things will change for better once 4G starts. Else I will have no option but to port out. 

1 hour ago, zanaka said:

Forgot to add that I have come to know, that even after getting the sim "patched", the sim still does not work with every 4G phone out there.

Maybe its a problem with LTE bands, not sure.

Again...when LTE is not live....why would LTE bands matter?

12 hours ago, amitnsonu said:

I may be the only person who think that i am in better position after conversion to 4g.

In cdma, i got speed upto 700 kbps, not more than that. But now, even if it is not 4g, speed is 1.5 -2 mbps.

No significance drop in voice quality and this is very shocking (positively).

Freedom from imported handsets and freedom to use any handset without looking for cdma factor, or hotspot feature.

With respect to data... i am better off in terms of speed.

Earlier i used to get max 135 kiloBytes per sec....speed was capped.

Now with 3G ...i am getting in excess of 250kilo bytes per sec.

I still rue wasting my evdo capable handset and data dongle...but with this speed i am overall happy.

15 hours ago, Shanu360 said:

Please provide me maid id too...me also facing same issue in Haryana for UP East postpaid connection... 

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/customercare/appellate_authority.html

http://www.easybird.in/reliance-communications-customer-care-nodal-officers.htm

5 hours ago, zanaka said:

Its a good cheap quality phone that will do everything.

If you want to go for  ok kam chala lo type phone then you may buy it. ( some will say kya farak padta hai yaar sab ek jaise hi toh hote hain, others will swear by brands, so its subjective )

However LYF phones offer almost all the functions that you get in the big budget/brand phones.

If you're into samsungs, lenovos, sony and iphones then you won't like it.

Frankly their mandatory LYF phone buy is what has stopped me till now.

I think Bihari Sarpanch here has bought a LYF phone with the same scheme.

SO is it a good value for money ? I will say yes....b/w average to good value for money.

I bought a LYF Phone for around 5k, and trust me its not worth it, if you talk about just phone. Its **** like the one I bought a few months back of LAVA of around 6k and sold it for 4k in 5 days. But if you see the services...they are charging you for services and giving you a **** phone for free. assume that! I have stopped using my broadband, could have stopped calling as well were it not for MNP not being transferred and RCOM plan being of 1299 with 50% discount, where everything is unlimited. 

I get speed of around 50Mbps, and least around 5. Average is above 25mbps in Delhi. I pay 999/- for 1 mbps plan which is erratic for 50% times. So this is a good worth, if you see that ways...and most importantly I travel a lot. A LOT. And I got 60Mbps in Patna Junction area, and on average around 20 Mbps in entire Patna. In Chennai, it averaged around 10. In Chandigarh I got 20. So that's it! 

• Like 1

I have been using Reliance after porting it from TATA Indicom where I was a postpaid customer for 10 years. Reason being, they stopped their services in almost entire Bihar, entire J&K. And I roam a lot, travel a lot. And I needed a good connection worth TATA Indicom. Except for when they closed, Indicom was a thousand x better than RIM. If my cust care call had to wait for more than 1 minutes, I received a call back. If I complained about anything, and SLA used to be 24/72/36 hours and if it weren't resolved used to get discount in bills without asking. I used port out request, randomly, for the heck of it...and I got 200x6months discount on billing. I was a GOLD customer for them, don't know what that means, but had Credit limit of 14000. And my bill never went above 1k. 

My plan was of Rs. 399/- worth Rs. 300 free calling. 30p local, 50p std. TATA to TATA free. Incoming free. O/G used to be T-T free, otherwise 30/50p. SMS free. 

I really have deep respect and love for CDMA operators they forced the market to change. From a talktime of Rs. 90/- in Rs. 330 recharge per month validity, they had to change because Indicom had launched Rs. 300/- in Rs. 330/- per month with innovative per second billing. First in World. They changed the scenario. Then they launched incoming free way back in 2005-06, which COAI got stopped because of pressure from GSM operators like Airtel, Hutch! 

Before that RIM had launched MOnsoon Dhamaka...and DAPO which had changed the market! My salute to the pioneers of the market! 

I had opted for Airtel once for want of handset, when I realised what I go through.....I chose to make my Indicom no as primary one. It has stayed for so more than a decade now with CDMA. Previouslywith Indicom, since Oct with RCDMA. 

They are dying a death, because Ratan TATA and Mukesh Ambani personally couldn't do anything about it! If RCDMA were with Mukesh Bhai, it would have had been different. Launching a handset in 2002 with live video streaming was nothing more than a dream for Indian customers. Live news channels, everything. He subverted a few policies, but it was good for customers. He changed the market. Later on when it went with Anil, and indicom was given over....things changed for worse!

• Like 4

We discussing about data working 4g signals 

But we forget reliance CDMA was better than 2g or 4g 

rcom have to think about that 

I read one post that's posted by Parin There letter send to modi government reliance is upgrading 4G after 3 days reliance announced they are closing CDMA and reliance company doing froud.. That's very big issue nobody taking action on that 

If reliance company meet with CDMA premium users they will know users are frustrated with 2g I asked with more than 20 people's they can't wait to launch 4g they are waiting for porting start they will port

What are the current LYF plans? How long we get to use free data if we buy a new phone? If it is for 3 months then spending 5k is a deal breaker for me. 

Anybody in Kolkata have seen Reliance 4G network? 

And I am yet to get the post migration benefits. Did anybody get 10GB LTE data? 

Applied for 4G MIgration on 2nd June, 4G SIM activated on evening 3rd June(MH),

voice quality is ok but RGSM coverage is patchy. Will it improve? or should I port to other operator

RCOM only trying to give data via 800 Mhz. but for voice still fallback on rgsm 2g :(

Phone used mainly for voice. around 1200-1400 Mins of outgoing calls per months. 3-4 days of roaming in MP

currently on 349 Home Roam plan giving 750 Mins of o/g and incoming free while roaming. all o/g is 40ps

Applied for 4G MIgration on 2nd June, 4G SIM activated on evening 3rd June(MH),

voice quality is ok but RGSM coverage is patchy. Will it improve? or should I port to other operator

RCOM only trying to give data via 800 Mhz. but for voice still fallback on rgsm 2g

Phone used mainly for voice. around 1200-1400 Mins of outgoing calls per months. 3-4 days of roaming in MP

currently on 349 Home Roam plan giving 750 Mins of o/g and incoming free while roaming. all o/g is 40ps

R u able to latch to aircrl network as RGSM customers r able but RCDMA customer migrated to 4g r not able to latvh to aircel network

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, ajay16 said:

I would keep away from LYF handsets.Got myself a Redmi Note 3 instead. I saw a friend's handset and it was just plain bad quality stuff. The advantage is that they are giving quick updates though.

Edited by morecrap