Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan Introduced Wef 7th Dec 2008

Will Tata Settings work for VIRGIN?

Error Snapshot while surfing External Websites on Mobile.

post-597-1228981109_thumb.jpg

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan:

R World

1. Mobile internet would be a subscription based monthly data service plan.

2. Mobile Internet Data plan is an auto renewal (30 day plan).

3. Subscription of mobile internet data plan is mandatory for accessing internet sites on mobile.

4. Mobile Internet Data plan is applicable to both postpaid and prepaid Reliance subscribers.

5. Charges for mobile internet data plan are as follows

(NUC) *Network Usage Charges @ 5p/10kb apply

#For L4 & DAPO customers Network Usage Charges waived off but Mobile Internet Plan amount would be charged

#Unused KB charges beyond validity period will not be refunded.

5p/10kb+NUC

What is NUC? Is it 5ps/10kb? then why 5ps/10kb once again? Does any one know the logic of such stupidity?

What about using reliance nokia 6275 with tata sim and accessing internet on the mobile through tata zone?is it possible?if yes,what are the charges applicable?

^^^

What if TATA also starts similar charges????

AFAIK, all operators will start charging more for data usage because when 3G kicks in, you will not be shocked by the high data charges. Already Airtel has started charging 30ps/20kb for Airtel Live, the equivalent of our WAP. Shortly even Voda will follow. But currently Voda still charges 10ps/10kb. All cellcos after all have to earn some money after all. So if voice tariffs are crashing, then somewhere they will have to loot us. In Plan 199, it costs you Rs 2 per MB, which IMHO, is good enough, considering that you get superb network coverage anywhere in India and also you get superb speeds as compared to GPRS at least. The least that RCOM could have done is to have given a little more free usage for Plan 99 and also Plan 199 to have made it more attractive.

So from now onwards we cannot use UTS AND SPICEC810 username passwords to access the sites on pc/laptop..

From last day i m not able to access thru these username passwords but using mobile number as username password it works fine.

I m in DAPO plan Plz help me/ guide me if theres any way/trick to use rconnect free....

Thanks And Regards

Vikas Mahajan

^^^

What if TATA also starts similar charges????

AFAIK, all operators will start charging more for data usage because when 3G kicks in, you will not be shocked by the high data charges. Already Airtel has started charging 30ps/20kb for Airtel Live, the equivalent of our WAP. Shortly even Voda will follow. But currently Voda still charges 10ps/10kb. All cellcos after all have to earn some money after all. So if voice tariffs are crashing, then somewhere they will have to loot us. In Plan 199, it costs you Rs 2 per MB, which IMHO, is good enough, considering that you get superb network coverage anywhere in India and also you get superb speeds as compared to GPRS at least. The least that RCOM could have done is to have given a little more free usage for Plan 99 and also Plan 199 to have made it more attractive.

Airtel live is entirely different than RWORLD. You can browse on Airtel Live. Airtel live is more open than RWORLD.

If you choose AIRTEL ON LINE (AON) then you can browse upto 3 MB per session (Outside sites) free. But this do not support any thing but HTML browsing. No mail / massengers.

If you choose Mobile Office (MO) as they say, then you can browse all protocols (Mail, messanger, POP, SMTP, VOIP and even as modem for your computer) for tarrifs given in this post http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...191&st=360#

I have been loyal reliace user but I shifted to GSM just because of data tarrif. I spend now just Rs. 99 PM and able to check my mails and browse on mobile. I have never felt crunch of total data volume. 50 MB is sufficient - for me atleast.

^^^

I agree with your views.

Thats why I had said that a higher cap of free usage would have made the new plans attractive. 20mb for Rs 99 (at rs 5 per mb) is ridiculously and definitely costly. Ideally it should have been 50mb. That way it would work out to Rs 2 per Mb. And in Plan 199, maybe they should have offered 150Mb atleast.

All operators will jack up data prices shortly. Just wait and watch. The shake-up has begun now.

Airtel,Gujarat may have offered 50 mb for Rs 99 in place of 25mb earlier, but here in Chennai, they have already jacked up rates for prepaid from 10ps/10kb to 30ps/20kb. No idea about postpaid. Will post here later about this also.

Voda, Chennai is not EDGE enabled, so no comments on the data speeds. Not yet checked about Airtel. But then again, Chennai may be EDGE enabled and if we move across to say Trivandrum or Hyderabad, it may not be EDGE enabled and here the difference in data speeds will show up. Whereas in RCOM, the data speeds are almost the same all over. Thats exactly why, I had said that the Rs 2 per Mb is fairly priced OK, but I also support moves to make RCOM bring it down to atleast Rs 1.50 (if not Re 1) per Mb.

For data vodafone is worst. They are not edge enabled almost every where.

But my dear friend the charges of reliance is much more.apart from the rental there is the network usage charge @ 5p/10 kb.so if it is added to the rental it becomes Rs7/ mb atleast,which is far far costly.can anybody give the mobile internet data rates of tata?

But my dear friend the charges of reliance is much more.apart from the rental there is the network usage charge @ 5p/10 kb.so if it is added to the rental it becomes Rs7/ mb atleast,which is far far costly.can anybody give the mobile internet data rates of tata?

You must thank reliance for being so cheap. Once upona time it was about Rs. 115000 per GB (Rs. 115 per MB).

:GirandoOjos::Equivocado:

@sitanshu,

I still cannot understand the latest data charges. If we pay the rentals, then upto the allowed limit, it should be free. How can they charge both rentals and also usage charges? Surely there is some mistake. The NUC will kick in only after the free limit is exhausted. All cellcos must be following this rule. How can RCOM be different?

In that case, it is better to take the zero rental plan itself, but then no "mobile internet access"

Wait for some clarity and examples before taking any steps. I have already emailed to CMO, lets wait their response. Though I strongly feel the reply will be an auto=generated stupid reply.

for L1 rates will be 25+199+Extra charges. It will be more than 224. I can afford Broadband instead of RCOM.

^^^

BB will be useful only at your place/s. Mobile internet has use when you are mobile. So we cannot compare BB with Mobile Internet unless it is 3G Mobile Internet.

Lets wait and watch...

There is no logic in charging for network usage alongwiti the rental.their website mentions that after the exhaustion of the quota of 20/100 mb the charges will be 5p per 10 kb + 5p NUC.THIS is simply ridiculous.

For Mobile I will prefer VIRGIN

I just spoke to CC and wonder of all wonders, the CCe was simply too good.

He told me that for DAPO and L1 customers who wish to remain on same L1 plan, NUC is 0, however these customers cannot access any internet website nor can they download anything. But if any of these L1 customers wants to add a MIP, they can choose 99 or 199 and depending on that plan, they will have to pay 5p/10kb. I presume the website has a typo error which says 5p/10kb + NUC. Actually it is only 5p/10kb. NUC is chargeable when you access RWorld. So if you do not access RWorld, you need not pay NUC. But if you access RWorld, then you will pay 5p/10kb plus NUC. So in effect, they do not want you to access RWorld at all. Stupid moves. But then people who were accessing Rworld earlier still were paying 10ps/10kb. So the status-quo remains for RWorld access.

And for the 1st 20/100mb under Plan 99/199, you will not be charged any NUC. Only after you cross 20/100mb, you will be charged NUC. And in the Plan 99, you cannot download anything at all - you can however browse and video- stream. In Plan 199, you can do everything.

Further for DAPO and L4 customers, NUC is still free. RWorld access is still free for DAPO and L4 customers.

So finally the net effect for DAPO customers who use Opera Mini to browse - you have to take Plan 99 if you wish to continue browsing free. And if you want to download (which earlier you were not able to) you will have to take Plan 199. In this case, your L1 plan will get cancelled and in its place the new data plan will kick in.

Can you believe that all the above was patiently explained to me by the CCE Mr. Syed in a 20 minute discussion. Earlier, whenever the CCE helps custoemrs for more than 7 minutes, they have to transfer the call to a floor supervisor. Today this did not happen.

I do not know finally, whether to believe the CCE or not as in the past, there have been numerous occasions when RCOM gives a totally topsy turvy view.

So friends, please enquire with CC in your respective circles and then decide your next course of action.

I am still confused. Anyways, I am on DAPO and I know even if I switch operators, I would have to pay quite some money to access data.

I think I will go for the 99 plan and see for a couple of months how it goes for me and then decide if I want to continue with it or not.

Now using Rworld for surfing on PC will be a costly deal.

@ Kumar bhai,what will happen to those who are outside of DAPO,L1 or L4 plans- and subscribe to any of the 2 plans?will it be the respective rental only till the quota is over and 5p/10 kb there after or is there anything else to be paid along with the rental?please clarify.

For those who r not using L1/L4 after their quota hv to pay 10p/10KB

My bill suggests that i am on L0 plan for Reliance Mobile World. Also they have specified Reliance Netconnect plan as RNC_VALUE. Can anyone specify the tariffs incorporated for my plan(s)? Any web-portals where these are listed?

Edited by ipkonfig

@ saurav what will be the charges during the quota usage?

For data vodafone is worst. They are not edge enabled almost every where.

My dear friend, in Mumbai Vodafone provides EDGE services and it is the best among all other operators, may be its Airtel or even Reliance CDMA.

I personally used it and the service is magnificent.

Regards.