Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan Introduced Wef 7th Dec 2008

I will prefer to surf WAP on VIRIGN. I am thinking of changing my RWORLD plan from L1 to L0. RWORLD is not worth Rs 25/-

@ prathod,

I am no less angry than you with RCOM's lack of advise to its customers on tariff changes.

Whatever I have stated are my own views and whatever you have stated are your own views. No comments on that. I can understand your (our) anger at not being informed about the tariff changes. But tell me, does Airtel, BSNL/MTNL, VodaFone or any other cellco or telco advise all customers before they change tariffs? It is logistically very difficult to inform all customers about changes in tariffs and that too, instantly. I am in no way justifying the stand taken by RCOM. We should be fair to RCOM also.

I have used Voda's GPRS and believe me, it ****s really. And further I end up paying around Rs 12 to Rs 15 for just 15 to 25 minutes of browsing RW. I always avoid using Voda's GPRS because of the slow speeds and also because I would end up paying almost 400 bucks a month for just browsing. And all along at much better speeds, I was able to use RCOM's WAP services for full free as I am on DAPO. And if I see Voda's kb used and the charges, there is no correlation at all. They keep deducting the money every now and then and if we complain, they say, their billing is right and we are free to take any action we want. It is in this regard that I fully support your comment that you will prefer to take up an unlimited data connection rather than go in for fights on kb usage. I think RCOM should introduce one more plan apart from the 99 and the 199.

Everybody is free to quit RCOM and jump onto another bandwagon. Compare the facilities, charges etc and then tell us. I have been with Airtel, Aircel, Vodafone and also BSNL and yet I have remained with RCOM still. All of us knew that RCOM will jack up the prices of WAP access at some time or the other. Last time around, they jacked it up illogically. This time around, I still maintain that it is compared to othr cellcos, reasonable, but with scope for further reduction.

Anyway, let us not argue on this issue. Instead let us all get on with trying to soften or eradicate the impact of the hike in tariffs.

Edited by KumaarShah

That's rightly said.IT'S not feasible for them to ammunicate any price hike instantly.but nobody is stopping them from notifying such thing beforehand as they inform us about new offers through sms.even we are flooded with such annoying msgs and ultimately have to registered for DNC. You have rightly said that we should compare all operators before switching operator.distant hills always look beautiful.but how to know the charges to compare?so i request all members to post the mobile internet charges of different operators which they know or have used so that all members will be able to know what is what.IT'S not allways possible to find the required information from their web sites.

I am sorry to have hijacked the thread... Will start a new one with my query

@ prathod,

I am no less angry than you with RCOM's lack of advise to its customers on tariff changes.

Whatever I have stated are my own views and whatever you have stated are your own views. No comments on that. I can understand your (our) anger at not being informed about the tariff changes. But tell me, does Airtel, BSNL/MTNL, VodaFone or any other cellco or telco advise all customers before they change tariffs? It is logistically very difficult to inform all customers about changes in tariffs and that too, instantly. I am in no way justifying the stand taken by RCOM. We should be fair to RCOM also.

I have used Voda's GPRS and believe me, it ****s really. And further I end up paying around Rs 12 to Rs 15 for just 15 to 25 minutes of browsing RW. I always avoid using Voda's GPRS because of the slow speeds and also because I would end up paying almost 400 bucks a month for just browsing. And all along at much better speeds, I was able to use RCOM's WAP services for full free as I am on DAPO. And if I see Voda's kb used and the charges, there is no correlation at all. They keep deducting the money every now and then and if we complain, they say, their billing is right and we are free to take any action we want. It is in this regard that I fully support your comment that you will prefer to take up an unlimited data connection rather than go in for fights on kb usage. I think RCOM should introduce one more plan apart from the 99 and the 199.

Everybody is free to quit RCOM and jump onto another bandwagon. Compare the facilities, charges etc and then tell us. I have been with Airtel, Aircel, Vodafone and also BSNL and yet I have remained with RCOM still. All of us knew that RCOM will jack up the prices of WAP access at some time or the other. Last time around, they jacked it up illogically. This time around, I still maintain that it is compared to othr cellcos, reasonable, but with scope for further reduction.

Anyway, let us not argue on this issue. Instead let us all get on with trying to soften or eradicate the impact of the hike in tariffs.

I am also with Kumaar Shah. I am living in mumbai using Airtel & rim wap with DEPO plan. Relince wap service is faster than airtel. Reliance wap services not disconnected at mumbai suberbun railway traveling at crowded train :Contento::Contento: . But airtel wap services disconnected near at moving train window also :NOTriste::NOTriste: .

Friendz good news i m able to acess net connect thru laptop using UTS AND SPICEC810 username/password.

I am in DAPO and i HAVE NOT subscribed to any data plan.

I have not checked with mobile browser yet but its working with my laptop.

I am happy its working http://www.rimweb.in/forums/style_emoticon...lt/Contento.gif

@kumaarshah

U seem to be the only person here who is approving the charge of 99/199 and apart from that you are advocating RCOM,but you seem to forget that many RCOM seniors are visitors of this forum(or maybe members or part of the team) and they take ideas from here,remember when we started this thread they stopped the kb price but now we are giving them a picture that its ok if we are charged 99/199 infact we are willing to pay but please reduce the Mb's given to us for this amount. :Contento::Contento:

I always used to read and appreciate your posts on this forum but here i disagree with you totally.Maybe you feel secured because you are a dapo user and expect some waiver like it has been always,or maybe you are comfortable with the price according to your usage or in comparison with other operators,but i would want to protest with the current price in comparison to the one i was previously paying.If i keep quiet and use thier services they may tomorrow burden me with other charges also,so its better i keep away.

Lets have a poll and see how many people agree with the new data charges

I do not agree with reliance policy to change tariff of postpaid customer at their will. Else I too loved reliance network and voice quality.

They are providing session by session details..

We will die...

I remember the days of 1995-96... Cybercafe charges of 200Rs/Hr

Really sad..

For HTC Password on S720 its still not working on my S720

@kumaarshah

U seem to be the only person here who is approving the charge of 99/199 and apart from that you are advocating RCOM,but you seem to forget that many RCOM seniors are visitors of this forum(or maybe members or part of the team) and they take ideas from here,remember when we started this thread they stopped the kb price but now we are giving them a picture that its ok if we are charged 99/199 infact we are willing to pay but please reduce the Mb's given to us for this amount. :Contento::Contento:

I always used to read and appreciate your posts on this forum but here i disagree with you totally.Maybe you feel secured because you are a dapo user and expect some waiver like it has been always,or maybe you are comfortable with the price according to your usage or in comparison with other operators,but i would want to protest with the current price in comparison to the one i was previously paying.If i keep quiet and use thier services they may tomorrow burden me with other charges also,so its better i keep away.

Lets have a poll and see how many people agree with the new data charges

Thanks for your views and comments on my earlier posts and the latest one. I am indeed flattered by your comment about appreciating my earlier posts and on my latest post which seems to have stirred a hornet's nest in you.

Nowhere have I said that RCOM can reduce the MBs and that we will be all too happy to pay them. I have only said that the plans 99 and 199 are reasonable. If you are not on DAPO, it is not my good luck. And neither you have bad luck if I am on DAPO. And I have stopped using WAP services of RCOM since a long time. I use it very ocassionally only. Based on other operator's comparative charges and speeds, I have commented on the pricing of the plans, which you yourself agree.

I have always said in most of my posts that whatever are my experiences on RCOM, I am sharing it here. If people do not want open forums, then this RW forum should shut down or alternately, only those people can come here who can perennially crib about new charges in the very faint hope that RCOM officials will come here, read their posts and drop rates based on that member's recommendations or maybe make it full free.

In some other topics on this very forum, many members had waxed eloquent on the need for R&D in handsets so that in future we get better technologies. I have also said the same things in relation to MIPs. If this is wrong, I am sorry I cannot agree with your views. One should not expect free or low cost goodies from RCOM perennially. Just one example, see how much profit Airtel, Voda and BSNL/MTNL make on voice tariffs, why are we mum on the voice tariffs of RCOM? None of the above operators, including the public sector biggies have had the guts so far to offer us 50ps STD calls (though at a monthly rental of Rs 250). They only want to maximise their profits.

Prathod, please read mandu1's post just 2 posts above your post once more so that you can understand my views in a better perspective. Atleast I am not isolated also. I am absolutely delighted that someone did appreciate my views. Last night, I got a new Airtel card to check on their EDGE services. And my experience here is that Airtel EDGE is definitely faster than Voda's GPRS, but a tad bit slower than RCOM's WAP services. And in a span of about half an hour, the service was reset atleast 6 to 7 times. So much for competing technologies from the No.1 cellco of India. And the charges were 30ps/20kb. Now tell me is not RCOM a better deal? Try other operators and then comment is what I often say.

And I also wish to inform all members here that by not shouting/cribbing here about RCOM's new rates, I am not in total agreement with their policies at all. I have matured now to think that everyone needs money to survive and so also with RCOM. Most importantly, I have emailed to CMO also about the new rates and also their policies about not informing their customers before hand. Lets await their email reply and then see what action to take.

Last time around, when kalpak started the campaign, everyone knows the results of it. Not many of our members responded to his appeals to complain to DOT etc. And very recently also, HP wanted to do a similar appeal to DOT because RCOM did not allow foreign handsets. What was the success rate? Both matters failed miserably in terms of RW members responses. But on the flip side, RCOM did definitely suspend the Rs 115 per MB data charges temporarily and has now come full circle by introducing new plans 99 and 199. Now these are not so very unreasonable, I would still say, whatever may be others views. The free usage should definitely go up from 20 MB to 50 mb in Plan 99 and from 100 mb to atleast 150 or 200 mb in Plan 199. This much I had very clearly stated earlier. Perhaps it missed your attention.

And I have earlier also told that no amount of screaming, shouting, cajoling will ever make RCOM reduce their rates because as banias, they only believe in masses and not classes. So if a few thousands of us so called high end customers leave RCOM, they are least bothered. They can make up that much more revenues from a few more thousand low end customers who will not even call up CC once in their lives and yet use RCOM's services just because it is affordable to them.

Lastly I would like to thank mandu1 for supporting my views.

Edited by KumaarShah

yesterday sam1 password was working but it has increased my unbilled amount.

Is anybody able to browse using opera mini without being in any plan?

for some handsets its working on IE (not tried on Opera).

for me its working on opera mini

I am able to use opera mini on Both my handsets(Mogul And Nokia 6265)

Without any Plan.

I am not able to browse using opera or IE

@ ajit and tanvir Do you find any increase in your unbilled usage?if yes then to what extent?please update.

No reply as yet from CMO, I have re-sent the email today. Expect them to reply shortly.

Lets wait and watch.....

Waiting for your update eagerly.

today unbilled has not increased for me. May be Reliance has read our topic want us to continue with Reliance.

Here in ORISSA cc people don't even know what mobile internet plan is.even after explaining to them they tell only about r connect plans.they even don't know that some phones have got inbuilt browsers.i am still not sure about the network usage charge in mobile internet plan.if one is opting for a data plan,one has to say the rental.then why the network usage charge?it should be free for those who opt a plan and should be charged to those who do not go for any plan.otherwise the effective charge per mb becomes atleast Rs7 per mb or Rs700 per 100mb/month.don't you all think it is very high?please comment..

I got a call from the CMO this evening, but as I was driving, I requested the lady to call me back in an hour. So far, no repeat call. Maybe tomorrow, I will get the call. She was deeply concerned that the CC quality was not good in my present case and told me that she will escalate the issue to higher ups. A typically standard response, I would say.

I am able to use opera mini on Both my handsets(Mogul And Nokia 6265)

Without any Plan.

I am also able to use Opera Mini, Though it was not working on 10th Dec, but I again tried on 11th and its working fine now.

i have not subscribed to any data plan. but i am still able to use opera mini. not sure my if these usage will reflect in my next bill..

flurry mail, cricket companian, googlemaps etc are not working for me.

i am able to use opera, skype and mig33...