Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan Introduced Wef 7th Dec 2008

I just switched to gsm and must say sacrificing bit of speed and voice quality then gsm is best. Its so much of peace of mind. Insert sim and your phone is ready for sms, mms, browsing, I'M etc. We cdma users have forgotten what's flexibility of handset. There is 1 handset exacting your need. Data is cheap but about 25 -40% SLOW

@kshah: True. But then, for the last year or so I have been using Airtel "Postpaid" and Reliance... "Prepaid"!!! GSM is so much more convenient, we CDMA guys placed too much faith in Reliance. Now I'm just looking out for a top of the line GSM phone which has the best features for texting. Karki suggested Sony Xperia, I think that phone is going to absolutely rock!!

@kshah: True. But then, for the last year or so I have been using Airtel "Postpaid" and Reliance... "Prepaid"!!! GSM is so much more convenient, we CDMA guys placed too much faith in Reliance. Now I'm just looking out for a top of the line GSM phone which has the best features for texting. Karki suggested Sony Xperia, I think that phone is going to absolutely rock!!

I don't know about Sony as not seen. Must be good as ashok suggested :GirandoOjos:

I will suggest you to look at even Nokia E-71, its 3G too, which I bought. Very robust OS, true multitasking (I opened 10 apps like browser, email, GPS, maps, calculator and few third party apps, without apparent loss of performance). Built in GPS, symbian means load of apps. But no touch pad, means browsing is not as fast as touch pad phone.

Symbian has one disadvantage of signed apps.

Edited by kshah

But the requirement of "Signed apps" can easily be bypassed. There are hacks available for S60 which open up your phone to endless possibilities.

yeah, but at the sane time many people may find it painful.

Hi, Puneet!!!

Good to see you here after a longish hiatus... Sorry if I am wrong...

Edited by KumaarShah

dear friends atlast i got my last month bill.

there is no rworld differential network charges in my bill.

so i am still having unlimited network with L1 plan.

but due to this confusion i deactivated sms pack, std pack, migrated tariff to lower rent and my bill amount came down to 250 from 600. (currently in 99rs rent + 25rs L1 + call charges).

luckily i didnt think to deactivate L1 plan before seeing the bill... :)

The same thing with me also.there is no charge for data usage through r world.united we won the battle.

Yes, I think it is final.

They have dropped these charges, even for prepaid.

^^^

I think yes they have had to backtrack because of the high profile complaint attack by all of us here.

Further, with respect to upward revision in home-roam pack also, they are actively considering a review. Once again all of us should unite and complain. Then they will see reason to backtrack.

Let's keep this spirit up and fight unitedly whenever reliance tries such things.3 cheers for RIM WEBIENS

I doubt spirit of RIMweb in fting, see how many people signed petition (To verify, click link in my signature) and also how many people posted their protest on Mouthshut?

We all must assume that reliace withdrawn charges because they might have realized that they are making mistake.

s absolutely. they cant do anything wrong unless we are strong.

@Kalpakbhai

U r right If public not oppose the hike of the charges the do not withdraw charges.

Apani mahenat Rang lai hai.

i think complaining on the government complaint redressal site also helped. they might have got some pressure from TRAI/DOT.

s absolutely. they cant do anything wrong unless we are strong.

Guys, I think we should not be celebrating like this for the R-World differential charges not being charged to us. Please go through the below email which is going back n forth between me and RIM CC. Look at the email I sent to RIM CC and their stupid answer. They are total fools and they've not been able to understand the terms network charges or R-World differential charges. They jusy simply understand the R-World usage. They don't know anything about WAP or wireless data.

I think you all should once again check with RIM CC. Please post ur comments on my note.

Dear Customer,

In response to your mail regarding wrongly charged for R world wrongly charged, please note that as per our records R world Events has been charged correctly for statement period 14-06-2008 to 13-07-2008.

Yours sincerely,

Pankaj Pai

Customer Care

Reliance Communications

-----Original Message-----

Date: Saturday, August 02, 2008 02:39 AM

To: customercare@relianceada.com (customercare@relianceada.com)

Subject: Re: RE:Reference your mail regarding service request number 73010397

Hi,

This is for your information that my complaint was not for Statement Period 14-06-2008 to 13-07-2008. This query is regarding the period from 14-07-2008 till 25-07-2008. I received a call from reliance (022-30333232) on 27-07-2008 at 11:22 AM that there were data charges of Rs.1,700/-(approx) charged to my unbilled usage amount but they were reversed for the current month. However these charges will be chargeable from the next month onwards. Please properly check your records and go through my email, then respond me accordingly. This query is not about the R world Events but regarding the wireless data charges.

Thanks,

Ajay Verma

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 customercare@relianceada.com wrote :

>Dear Customer,

>

>In response to your mail received at Customer Care regarding deduction of amount, we would like to inform you that as per our records R world Events has been Charged Correctly for Statement Period 14-06-2008 to 13-07-2008.Hence waiver cannot be passed.

>

>Yours sincerely,

>

>Roshan Bhole

>Customer Care

>Reliance Communications>

>-----Original Message-----

> From: Ajay Verma (

>ajayverma_2001@rediffmail.com

>)

>Date: Monday, July 28, 2008 10:22 PM

>To:

>customercare@relianceada.com

>(

>customercare@relianceada.com

>)

>Subject: Clarification for data charges

>

>Hi,

>

>This is regarding the wireless data charges. I received a call from reliance (022-30333232), that there were data charges of Rs.1,700/-(approx) charged to my unbilled usage amount but they were reversed for the current month. However these charges will be chargeable from the next month onwards.

>

>This is for your information that I have opted for the Chat&Play Reliance Mobile World Rental -L3, by using this plan I am not suppose to pay for any data usage(10 paise per 10kb). Since I am using this plan (Chat & play) for more than 2 years and I am very sure that I should not be charged for any data such data usage.

>

>Please let me know in this case what should be my assumption for the above charges, as I have already opted for such a plan where there is no charge for data usage.

>

>My Reliance mobile no. is 9373137771

>Billing Account No. : 2020427021

>

>Hoping for your immediate response.

>

>Regards,

>Ajay Verma

totally foolish customer care in the world

YAAR I M IN DAPO PLAN AND I HAVE NOT BEEN CHARGED A SINGLE RUPEE FOR ANY KB USAGE IN MY BILL OF JULY TO AUGUST , I SURFED ALOT ON PC WITH UTS PASWORD.

HOPE SAME FOR NEXT MONTH ALSO.

they have removed the link for the data usage that they had on their website.

Dont know the significance of that but that sure doesnt harm in nay way.

they have removed the link for the data usage that they had on their website.

Dont know the significance of that but that sure doesnt harm in nay way.

Tanveer,

They have not removed the link, but they have reduced the Charges for accessing 3rd party sites to Rs. 10ps/10 Kb. See the below attached document.

WAP.doc

i was talking about wireless data usage link that you could see after logging in

i was talking about wireless data usage link that you could see after logging in

Oh Ya, you are right. The data usage link has been removed. But the RIM CC guys are still behaving like fools. They don't know anything about. I spoke with them and they said that "you will be charged as per the usage i.e. 60 paise per minute. It means it will be considered as R-connect" Those fools doesn't know anything about wireless data usage or KB usage charges. :Sorprendido:

I know some may find my msg. funny but friends can you suggest any ways to get R-world free unlimited by paying Rs.100/- or 150/- per month. Prevoiusly I subscribed for such service @ Rs.75/- per month but at that time i was using old LG2030 handset which was useless for R-world service but now i am using nokia 6265 & having another connection of airtel(corporate plan) unlimited Internet & GPRS services @ 100/-. if i get same type of unlimited GPRS service in our reliance i don't need to carry 2 mobiles all the time.

My dear friend,For unlimited rworld usage you have to pay Rs249 plus tax per month.that includes all contents as well as internet browsing through rworld.

My dear friend,For unlimited rworld usage you have to pay Rs249 plus tax per month.that includes all contents as well as internet browsing through rworld.

How to activate and deactivate unlimited rworld usage?